THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love Uniform Talk

tampadawgs

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seriously think the uniforms are perfect, no changes needed? If nothing else give us Orange pants with the brown uniforms. The brown over white is boring as could be. Since we're the browns you can't pull the big switch-up like Tampa or New England but its time for Orange to play a much greater role

You seriously think the uniforms are perfect, no changes needed? If nothing else give us Orange pants with the brown uniforms. The brown over white is boring as could be. Since we're the browns you can't pull the big switch-up like Tampa or New England but its time for Orange to play a much greater role

I'm not too big on Orange, I'd rather see Brown on Brown with maybe some orange and white highlights in there.

And I gotta agree with Zombo, talking about this is starting to get kinda gay. :lol:

You guys really are a bunch of closeted homos aren't you?

Well, I think you are just having a hard time relating to us because we are into the football, not the fashion.

But you fashionistas serve a purpose: It's kinda like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. You tell them how to dress the players and we know the team is in good hands when it comes to fashions issues.

You ladies do the worrying about the color of the pants so we don't have too. And we know you have any uniform threads that happen to pop up covered.

And we thank you for that.

Cheers.

Zombo

Well, I think you are just having a hard time relating to us because we are into the football, not the fashion.

But you fashionistas serve a purpose: It's kinda like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. You tell them how to dress the players and we know the team is in good hands when it comes to fashionsp issues.

You ladies do the worrying about the color of the pants so we don't have too. And we know you have any uniform threads that happen to pop up covered.

And we thank you for that.

Cheers.

Zombo

Well hate to break it to you z, you can wrap it up til April then, cause browns season is over, the hires are made there ain't shit else to talk about til draft time.

Well hate to break it to you z, you can wrap it up til April then, cause browns season is over, the hires are made there ain't shit else to talk about til draft time.

New Coach, new owner, new CEO, new president, new offensive coordinator, new defensive coordinator, total new schemes on each side of the ball, free agents to make decisions on, Senior bowl, free agents, draft ... or the fact that we could very well have new uniforms in 2014, a year and a half from now?

You're right ... I'm in.

What did you want to do for stripes on the side of the pants? Is that where you wanted to implement the burnt orange? Maybe little burnt orange elf shoes going up the pants ...

Zombo

I'll start by saying I'm all for a uniform change. I think that times have changed and uniforms are much more important than in the past. Too many people look at college as an example of what will happen to the Browns. I will promise you, we will not look like Oregon. The uniforms are designed by Nike, but they put a lot of thought and research behind every design. They don't slap a modern design on a team like the Browns for no reason. They've had classic designs over the past few years that have been very well received, including Ohio State. Now obviously changing uniforms does not make a team win. But, there is an interesting coincidence that a lot of teams become successful after a switch.

NFL: Titans, Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Buccaneers

other sports: Indians, Rays, Cavs, Ducks, Thunder

All of those teams made it to a championship, or even won a championship soon after a change. Obviously some of that success was due to ownership change, new players, etc. But isn't that what's going on in Cleveland?

Wow= Zthis thread really took off, maybe I will not hae to post another uniform thread next month. the Browns cant put a logo on the Helmet because we really we have no Logo, but that elf logo that was on page 1 in this thread is great!!!!! That could be our logo on ESPN or on the sleeve, anywhere but the Helmet. I Helmet will stay the same. I can not wait to see the changes in the Uniforms, remember Jimmy is a business man. He will do whatever it takes to make money, and that is having a modern day look....

example- As much as I Love the Tribe, they are one of the top selling jersey in baseball because they hae a great look. Shit Chief Wahoo was voted best Logo in all of Major Sports in the USA ( that was 4 years ago)

Sorry, I don't mean anyone personally, but you have to realize its the older fans really hanging on tradition. Aside from a period of a few years when I was 6-9 years old the browns tradition has been not so good. I'll go with a big time change.

Short attention span, Cleveland fans were the first in history to tell the NFL- "our Team, our History our Colors." If you want a Tampa Bay makeover- buzz off.

Short attention span, Cleveland fans were the first in history to tell the NFL- "our Team, our History our Colors." If you want a Tampa Bay makeover- buzz off.

I already mentioned we couldnt do the Tampa bay thing. Sounds like someone is a little butthurt about the possibility of uniform change. Too bad.

In order to reboot the franchise we need to reboot how people recognize the brand. There are too many bad connotations attached to the antiquated helmet logo and the classic striped sleeve look.

What we need is a fierce representation of our team. Something that involves either the history of the Browns or the history of the city.

What I've always thought would be great is to have three different but easily recognizable likenesses for each of the three professional teams in Cleveland. Like the Indians have Chief Wahoo, I believe the Browns and the Cavaliers both need a instantly recognizable humanoid figure.

I think a reimagination of the brownie elf could be a very good jumping off point. Designs are becoming more simplistic as time goes on; if someone were to take the elf and clean the lines and update it, it could look really good.

I also believe that we need to adopt an off color jersey, either a black or grey alternate that can feature brown and orange accents.

Fashion can help you get women. When I go shopping, I buy shit that stands the best shot to make me look good and get laid. I buy apparel and will not buy anything with the stupid helmet logo, so needless to say I dont own alot of Browns apparel. Change the logo to the Dawg (maybe spice it up a bit) freshen up the uni's, leave the helmet the same, and the colors should stay the same (except maybe make the brown a little cleaner).

Archived