THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Thoughts 2013

mdmusch

:) OK a bad example so how about a 4-3 defensive team? I just think if Sheard is being shopped arround I hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

Yea I agree, if we stay where we're at with T.E. we'll be OK. Smelley can also fill in at T.E. We have far bigger needs over T.E. IMO but if we do get one in the 5th 6th or 7th rd. I'll be OK with it.

IMO 3rd and 4th rd. should address C.B. and Saftey, any other position in those 2 RDS.will dissapoint me.

Good players still left:

FSs available - Tony Jefferson - Oklahoma, Josh Evans - Florida, Micah Hyde - Iowa, or Bacarri Rambo - Georiga

Gs available - Barrett Jones - Alabama, Matt Summers-Gavin - Cal, Earl Watford - James Madison, Hugh Thorton - Illinois, or Alvin Bailey - Arkansas

TEs available - Jordan Reed - Florida, Dion Sims - Michigan State, or Philip Lutzenkirchen - Auburn

ILBs available - Michael Mauti - Penn St, or Kevin Reddick - North Carolina

Let's see if any of these guys make it out of the third. If Jordan Reed falls, that would be an awesome 4th rounder... but even Jefferson or Barrett Jones

Then maybe Rambo, and Watford, Thorton, or Bailey fall to the 5th...

Still like spending a late pick on A.J. Klein ILB from Iowa St or Nick Kasa TE from Colorado...

Good so far, but we'll see what happens the rest of the night...

So, we have the 14th pick today and these guys are still available, all potential starter quality players at positions of need in the 4th round...

Tony Jefferson S - Oklahoma

Barrett Jones OG - Alabama

Josh Evans S - Florida

Bacarri Rambo S - Georiga

Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State

Matt Summers-Gavin - G - California

Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn St

Earl Watford - G - James Madison

Philip Lutzenkirchen - TE - Auburn

Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas

Only positions we still need: FS/G

I hope one of Evans/Rambo // Jones/Bailey will still be available

Also, if Khaseem Greene drops to us.. he will shore up our other ILB spot easily for the next 5 years, I'm shocked he's still available. He's technically an "OLB" but he's big enough for ILB. Reddick and Johnson are late-5th-round prospects at best.

I bet the browns draft a fucking punter in the 5th... sickening.

And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

DID THE BROWNS EVEN HAVE A FUCKING DRAFT BOARD??!!?!!?!??! AS I HAVE YET TO SEE THEM USE THE FUCKING THING WITHIN THE FIRST 5 FUCKING ROUNDS!!!

GET LOMBARDI THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!#@!!#!@#$@#%$^#@$^@#$q@!$#^!^$@#!!%^@%!@%"#!@UI 7U

Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

Stop being a little fucking cry baby G. We got Mingo and Gordon, bess, mcfadden. We just traded a 4th for a 3rd next year and a 5th for a 4th next year. Everyone keeps saying this is one of the worst drafts in years and next is going to be one of the best in the last 5. Who cares if we dont get shitty players, its the 5th fucking round. Next year we will have 2 3rds and 4ths in a better draft, fucking get over it and get with the program, dont like it go fucking root for another team, you are not the GM, or really any one relevant to any of the Browns management positions,

Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

No talent in this draft? Most of the experts have been saying this draft is unusually deep, and I agree. Browns passed today on some fine cornerbacks and safeties that would have helped complete the journey toward development of a very competitive defense. Horrible decision by Lombardi not to engage in the draft today and fill out the defense. But this is why no teams were interested in Lombardi as a GM and why he has compiled such a bad track record. And there is Joe Banner, who thinks he knows all but has blind spots he is not aware of as manifested in the embarrassing showing today .

And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

Probably the most direct and accurate comment have read on this very sad day. I had googled the Browns and saw a Yahoo headline that read: "Will the Cleveland Browns shatter the dreams of fans again in 2013?" Today we got our answer, for sure!

Probably the most direct and accurate comment have read on this very sad day. I had googled the Browns and saw a Yahoo headline that read: "Will the Cleveland Browns shatter the dreams of fans again in 2013?" Today we got our answer, for sure!

Yep, so give up your tickets, I will gladly use them to watch the Browns this year.

Archived