THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of Browns

BadNewsBrowns

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cabot says Jauron is possibly gone so there you have it.... sheesh

Seriously... the 3-4 didnt work for Crennel, he couldnt find the players in the draft... took years to build and still no success

continuity for this defense that is showing some real progress is important IMO - and keeping Jauron is the start

You still belivin' Mary Kay's tweets after it could be _______, it could be ________, it could be ________ as HC?

This from the presser- courtesy of Cleveland.com "Chud said he'll either call plays or let the new OC do it if he's comfortable with him.

* He said his defense could be a hybrid and it could go either way, 3-4 or 4-3."

EDIT: Looks like his defensive philosophy is going to be the same as his offensive philosophy- play a scheme that maximizes the players you have strengths. And won't that be a refreshing change?

MHO if he likes Jauron and thinks he can work with him, he stays. If he has someone better in mind, it's adios. I do think Childress is gone though.

The year before he had us the 8th ranked offense. Getting 350 YPG and scoring 25 PPG, more than any team in the AFC North.

More than any other OC has done for us.

But what changed to the next year? It was the same team pretty much and it failed miserably. I watch Carolina somewhat every week living 15 minutes from the stadium and this year offensive stats are not indicative of what the team did this year. To tell you the truth, the reason the offense turned around in the latter part of the season for the panthers is because it was clear people were fighting for their jobs. I don't feel like going super into but look at what the panthers offense did the first 8 weeks compared to the last eight. I would say furthermore is that my only reservation with Chud is inconsistency. It's clear the guy has an offensive mind though, so I'm not against the hire. Offense wins games in the NFL, I just hope we don't ride the up and down wave.

Carolina-Panthers-2012-Football-Headshots-Chudzinski.jpg

Is this Chud the Stud??? The Chudmeister??? The long awaited Messiah to return Browns Pride?

I must gettin' old? Ole Chud look like a graduate assistant or a homo physical therapist or a loser training camp water/towel bitch.

Hey, I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover.....jest sayin' my board beeeeeeyothches

Wonder if he bangs strange twat?

"Chud was extremely popular with the players around him. He's an intense, all out kind of guy."

Nice to know he errrrrr, gets along with the boys........

Looks like Cutler if you ask me... but smarter.

In Chud we trust...

New start taking hold... new owner, new coach, our own travel channel show (ha haa !) new this new that....but most important we start 2013----- knowing Art Model is dead.

The problem is, he may not be. I hear he may have made the list of the 15 Finalists for the HOF.

I like the hire. Use Weedens arm to get the ball downfield which will stretch the defense and get T-Rich a favorable matchup against the front seven.

I hope Jauron stays. I do like the idea of using either a 4-3 or 3-4 dependng on the situation.

But what changed to the next year? It was the same team pretty much and it failed miserably. I watch Carolina somewhat every week living 15 minutes from the stadium and this year offensive stats are not indicative of what the team did this year. To tell you the truth, the reason the offense turned around in the latter part of the season for the panthers is because it was clear people were fighting for their jobs. I don't feel like going super into but look at what the panthers offense did the first 8 weeks compared to the last eight. I would say furthermore is that my only reservation with Chud is inconsistency. It's clear the guy has an offensive mind though, so I'm not against the hire. Offense wins games in the NFL, I just hope we don't ride the up and down wave.

See Zombo's post. We were decimated by injuries, the defense was atrocious, and we ended up starting Gradkowski by seasons end.

Man, when I was a kid, around 65 all the papers like Enquirer were talking about Neighbors and Rock Hudson being married. That was a funny and fucked up then as it is now.

loved the joke the first time i heard some burly fat bearded fuck say it way back when.

what do you think linda evans felt after the big (was it dallas?) scene where she and the 'supposedly' biggest 'leading' man in tv history are lappin each other's grill?

aids test pleez!! and another drink! make it a quadruple!

loved the joke the first time i heard some burly fat bearded fuck say it way back when.

what do you think linda evans felt after the big (was it dallas?) scene where she and the 'supposedly' biggest 'leading' man in tv history are lappin each other's grill?

aids test pleez!! and another drink! make it a quadruple!

No that was Dynasty.

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags

I'm hearing from a very good source that Norv Turner is, in fact, coming with Chud to CLE.

Retweeted by Adam Caplan

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Panthers scored TDs on 25% of their drives w/ Rob Chudzinksi as off. coordinator during the last 2 seasons (4th-highest in NFL).

yeah, that couldn't possibly be due to the fact that Newton is their QB could it? ;)

Interesting hire to say the least and if in fact Norv is coming as OC, that is a major coup. Among the things I find myself agreeing with Good Ghoulie on in this thread is that Norv is a first rate OC.

Maybe the most encouraging thing I see in Norv's coming is that a former boss of Chud's thinks Chud is someone he'd like to work for. Says a great deal about the character of both men.

---->>> Gip... How many times have a NFL HC and OC (or DC for that matter) flipped roles later on in their careers?

I have some reservations about a vertical passing game in Cleveland in December, but happy to save those for another day.

Now to the 3-4 thread...

Sadly, you can talk all you want about what he did with Derek Anderson. Big whoop. The Carolina offense, which has more talent than ours, sucked balls this season. Guess who the OC was? Our new HC. Enjoy trying to turn Weeden into a Golden Turd.

So getting 10 wins and a Pro Bowl nod for an inept, Retarded lumberjack for a QB doesn't mean anything. But going 7-9 with Cam Newton means he's an absolute failure.

By the way, the Carolina Panthers finished 12th this season in YPG, 18th in PPG, averaged 20 first downs a game and had a 3rd down percentage of nearly 50%.

The Browns, on the other hand, finished 25th in YPG, 24th in PPG, averaged 17 first downs a game and had a 3rd down percentage of 31%.

The Carolina offense was middle of the pack or better in every major statistical category and were head and shoulders better than Cleveland's offense.

It doesn't hurt to do a little research.

Sadly, you can talk all you want about what he did with Derek Anderson. Big whoop. The Carolina offense, which has more talent than ours, sucked balls this season. Guess who the OC was? Our new HC. Enjoy trying to turn Weeden into a Golden Turd.

Chud doesn't play defense and the majority of Carolinas problems were on defense. They failed to hold leads late in the game. The lost to Tampa on last play, lost to Atlanta late letting them drive like 60yds in 20 or so seconds after Cam led them to late lead. Let Chicago score 17 4th quarter points to beat them by 1 point. The reason the Panthers weren't in the playoffs wasn't because of their offense.

come on man. i want to hear more about the rooster dick, or as most people call 'em...a cock a doodle doo..

i know if i was one of those old tired birds like diehardbrownsfan living in a shack in a potato field and that mutherfucker woke me up.....he wouldn't be doing it again tomorrow.

wouldn't even need a gun. just a big ass coffee cup and a piece of wire.

i agree that switching to the 3-4 is a bad idea. i don't really care one way or the other about Jauron. Our defense last year was weak and unimpressive.

The 3-4 only works when teams commit to it over the long term. Teams that flip flop back and forth tend to never be good at either.

I agree. We were unimpressive on D.

As a general rule I do favor the 3-4. If for no other reason it puts a little more speed on the field, which in our case is a good thing since we are usually trying to chase down opposing players.

---->>> Gip... How many times have a NFL HC and OC (or DC for that matter) flipped roles later on in their careers?

I don't have a clue. I doubt they keep statistics on that. It has probably happened any number of times however.

I mean, with Ray Rhodes/Dick Jauron/Brad Childress on the last Browns staff it is possible that Pat Shurmur worked for one of them at one time.

Archived