THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of Browns

BadNewsBrowns

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "HUGE SPLASH" we were promised by the new racist owner.

wow. like i've said in recent posts it's easy to 'read' a person's race by the shite they spout.

you are black and so is MLWoody. cuz we didn't hire LOVIE smith the FO is racist? GTFO.

i like the hire cuz now i can print shirts with phrases like "chug a bud with chud!"

or

"your mom tuggs chud's spuds and likes jizz on her mugg!"

million dollar seller.

anyone in?

Sounds like a good hire. Chud is a young coach who plans his offense around his player's strengths, so a nice pickup indeed. Only thing that is slightly troubling is the rumor that he'll switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense; if so, goodbye Jauron. But that rumor is coming from Mary Kay Cabot, so here's hoping its just bullshit like the other 99.99% of the things Mary Kay Cabot "reports" on...

All over twitter.

I like the hire. I feel a lot better with Chud than I would have with Chip Kelly. This will get a lot of criticism from the national media, but who cares? We're used to it. Screw Gruden, Saban, Cowher, and the rest of those overrated hasbeens.

My only complaint against Turner is he does not allow QB's to audible...Im not really liking this shit too much...typical gay move by the browns.

I think you are confusing Chud with Brian Daboll.

Chud gave us the most fun offense to watch since coming back. We actually attempted passes past the first down marker and ran outside of the tackle box. He might not be the sexiest hire, but at least he's an offensive minded guy with a decent enough track record.

I still wanted Gruden.

left Cleveland with the 31st rank offense

I am most curious at this point where we will stand defensively. We don't have the personnel to worry about some sort of 'let down' on offense. Our players suck outside of T-Rich and Gordon... What do you expect?

We have a decent squad on defense and the offense will take at least two years to build. I want to know if we will stick with the 4-3 or move to something else.

Any chance to get Lovie Smith at DC?

Cabot says Jauron is possibly gone so there you have it.... sheesh

Seriously... the 3-4 didnt work for Crennel, he couldnt find the players in the draft... took years to build and still no success

continuity for this defense that is showing some real progress is important IMO - and keeping Jauron is the start

Oh, like they say in Missouri, "Show Me". We could have done worse than Chud.

But regarding "The Wiz", "The Other Board that will Not Be Mentioned" was having conniption fits we were going to hire this guy, and they converted me to The Dark Side. I had mortal fears they were going to hire him after I heard over lunch on ESPN the Browns brought Wizenhunt back for a second interview.

Let's look at it this way- yeah, overall his resume is average. But after a 4-0 start the Cardinals went 1-11 including a 58-0 blowout by the Seahawks. Blame that on no QB if you like. Reports were he totally lost the locker room. He may have interviewed well, but in the "what have you done lately" league, Wiz stunk.

Hoorta maybe it will make you feel better knowing Norv Turner will be the OC. It makes me feel more confident in this hire and Norv can help a rookie coach understand the ins and outs.

Cabot says Jauron is possibly gone so there you have it.... sheesh

Seriously... the 3-4 didnt work for Crennel, he couldnt find the players in the draft... took years to build and still no success

continuity for this defense that is showing some real progress is important IMO - and keeping Jauron is the start

i agree that switching to the 3-4 is a bad idea. i don't really care one way or the other about Jauron. Our defense last year was weak and unimpressive.

The 3-4 only works when teams commit to it over the long term. Teams that flip flop back and forth tend to never be good at either.

"Cabot says Jauron is possibly gone so there you have it.... sheesh"

LOL...she's a reporting genius...new head coach pretty much says everyone is " possibly gone "...way to go out on a limb.

Jauron is good but not great... i think landing Lovie Smith for defense would bring some serious tooth to that side of the ball and still retain the 4-3...I love Rob Ryan as a side show act but no need for a 3-4 here, that's for old slow big LB's....not a direction we need to go in. Keeping Jauron wouldn't hurt us and would be a conservative move, but adding Lovie would be a step forward.

Terry Pluto: Haslam wanted an offense-type coach, said Browns had 48 TDs in last 2 years, Chud's O in Carolina had 88.

Z

The stagnation/rotting of our offense over the past few seasons made most Browns fans feel that way (I think).

The year before he had us the 8th ranked offense. Getting 350 YPG and scoring 25 PPG, more than any team in the AFC North.

More than any other OC has done for us.

Not only that, but that 08 Season was an unmitigated disaster, I don't care if Paul Brown himself was our coordinator it would have failed. We had major injuries all over. With Stallworth and Jurevisous out, Sedrick freaking Steptoe started the season as a starting wideout. Offensive line decimated by injuries. here's some names for you: C Hank Fraley, RG Rex Hadnot, RT Kevin Shaffer ... I don't think any are going into the Ring of Honor or whatever anytime soon. Winslow injured as well. Balls being dropped at a record rate, then DA melts down and Romeo starts the musical chairs at QB. Eventually they all get injured, including Ken Dorsey who started three games and we wind up with Bruce Gradkowski off the streets, didn't even have time to shave and gets like 5 yards against the Steelers in the last game. Who wants to coach that?

The whole coaching staff was dead men walking the second half of the season ... but we will always have that MNF win over the Champion Giants ... 35 pts and 454 yards of offense. Offense fell off the map the last six games ... that team had no chance ... and they quit.

Blaming Chud for the 08 disaster is like blaming air traffic control for 911 ... it got beyond his control.

Zombo

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2008_games.htm

Archived