THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of Browns

BadNewsBrowns

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if you bring in a HC who sucked as an OC for a team who has a lousy offense, how does that help? I'm curious if he is just going to be another Shurmer who wants to control the show?! His offense was as bland as Shurmur's was and he sucked!! Let's hope he has learned something the last 5 yrs..

Here's a hint: try doing research before you post shit.

I think you are confusing Chud with Brian Daboll.

Chud gave us the most fun offense to watch since coming back. We actually attempted passes past the first down marker and ran outside of the tackle box. He might not be the sexiest hire, but at least he's an offensive minded guy with a decent enough track record.

I still wanted Gruden.

I don't think so. I remember Brown's fans really not liking him and it was said his offense was boring, bland, and predictable.

Don't even bother to mention the offensive line, tight ends, the rest of the WRs, or the defense. 4 players are responsible for a team's success no doubt..

Or the fact that Steve Smith was great 7 years ago or that Can Newton set every rookie passing record there is last year.

Z

I don't think so. I remember Brown's fans really not liking him and it was said his offense was boring, bland, and predictable.

I don't believe so. He's one of the more innovative offensive minds in football today. His passing offense tends to be complicated, involving many pre-snap movements and and is predicated on creating mismatches in coverage. His running philosophy is a two-TE downhill power attack, with a heavy dose of play action to keep defenses honest.

Supposedly the problem in Carolina this year was a shift in philosophies. Last season the Panthers accounted over 2100 rushing yards between Stewart, Williams and Newton. It was a heavy running smashmouth attack with simple reads incorporated to help ease Cam along. This season, however, the Panthers started off running primarily from the shotgun, and their mauling offensive line was taken out of play, hence the drop in production early on.

I am a HUGE Chud fan, but really hadn't thought of him as an HC candidate until it was mentioned on this board. I was elated that he was interviewed & told a friend last night (might have been Cal) that I was PRAYING he would be the guy. He's young (44 I think), not an HC failure drifting to retirement, has a solid track record, AND he's a lifelong Browns' Fan!

Now let's see what assistants we get. Norv, as stated previously, stinks as an HC but is one hell of an OC. The dream would then be complete for me if we could get Zimmer as asst HC & DC. We would be looking at some AGGRESSIVE football then!!

I LOVE this hire!!!!!!

Mike

Steve Smith, Cam Newton, and 2 great running backs. The team still sucked. OH BOY

They ranked #7 and #12 his two years as OC.

Browns have only ranked above # 23 once in the 13 years since 99 ... the OC that one year? Chud.

C'mon, man.

Z

Congrats browns fans, this is a great hire.

The stupid people that think can newton did worse this year need to go back an look at his stats he had a great sophomore season and chud was the reason. This guys has a great offensive mind and does the golden rule: creates schemes to his players strengths. Excellent hire. Good luck.

GREAT first hire! VERRRY happy about this!

roots in the area, wants to be in CLE, players respect and respond to him.

another huge bonus: i bet anything Chud utilizes what's there and adds pieces rather than egomaniacally blowing it up. i liked Mangini but Chud proved he was able to manage certain personalities on the team and get high caliber production out of them whereas Eric was not able to. namely Braylon and K2. also Cam >> all divas.

he'll have a blast with this low maintenance high talent group.

last time he was in CLE his philosophy was dissecting and using the current trends in the NFL that are working and executed them on the field. none of this "this is what got us here" outdated traditions and antiquated west coast philosophies. Chud evolves, and doesn't hold onto things that aren't working.

no rules, just right.

we're goin places boys!

i can't wait til draft day...

Chud autocorrects as Chad.

So we will change BB to autocorrect Chad as Chad.

Z

be funny if bigrape autocorrected as Weeden, Harrison as Sheard, Redman as Tr3nt, Heinz as Little, Wallace as Gordon. Hampton as Rubin

you get the idea. haha the frustration thoughts alone make me smile as i type >> and yes i'm a sadistic bastard.

Q: is it really censorship if ur simply trying to encourage some good 'ol Browns talk among certain polarized members?

They ranked #7 and #12 his two years as OC.

Browns have only ranked above # 23 once in the 13 years since 99 ... the OC that one year? Chad.

C'mon, man.

Z

The Panthers were also top 5 in scoring efficiency, scoring on 1 of every 4 possessions and getting a touchdown 60% of the time they reached the red zone.

In comparison, the Browns only scored a touchdown about 40% of their red zone trips.

In Chud we trust...

New start taking hold... new owner, new coach, our own travel channel show (ha haa !) new this new that....but most important we start 2013----- knowing Art Model is dead.

Lets hope we get fantastic assistants and have a kick-ass draft.

GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bermeck

Independence Ky (with a son playing ball now...time to head north for some games...no matter the heartbreak... like my father before me...I shall pass this love affair into the next generations !!!! HERE WE GO BROWNIES....HERE WE GO !!!!)

Chud was extremely popular with the players around him. He's an intense, all out kind of guy.

And, Turner IS the new OC. And Turner is way more an innovative coach than we've seen in Cleveland for years.

And, I forget the possible GM's name that was mentioned, but he would be an EXCELLENT choice. He's with the Chiefs right now.

Excellent hire. Canton Mike and I were on the money.

Carolina-Panthers-2012-Football-Headshots-Chudzinski.jpg

Is this Chud the Stud??? The Chudmeister??? The long awaited Messiah to return Browns Pride?

I must gettin' old? Ole Chud look like a graduate assistant or a homo physical therapist or a loser training camp water/towel bitch.

Hey, I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover.....jest sayin' my board beeeeeeyothches

Wonder if he bangs strange twat?

"Chud was extremely popular with the players around him. He's an intense, all out kind of guy."

Nice to know he errrrrr, gets along with the boys........

Carolina-Panthers-2012-Football-Headshots-Chudzinski.jpg

Is this Chud the Stud??? The Chudmeister??? The long awaited Messiah to return Browns Pride?

I must gettin' old? Ole Chud look like a graduate assistant or a homo physical therapist or a loser training camp water/towel bitch.

Hey, I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover.....jest sayin' my board beeeeeeyothches

Wonder if he bangs strange twat?

"Chud was extremely popular with the players around him. He's an intense, all out kind of guy."

Nice to know he errrrrr, gets along with the boys........

So what you are trying to tell us is that you and Chud look like twins? :lol:

But if you bring in a HC who sucked as an OC for a team who has a lousy offense, how does that help? I'm curious if he is just going to be another Shurmer who wants to control the show?! His offense was as bland as Shurmur's was and he sucked!! Let's hope he has learned something the last 5 yrs..

Just an FYI Chud, Wiki Bio

Well I really wanted The Wiz instead I got a Chud...LOL ( Sorry some people think I am 12) I guess I am ok with this hire, really have no choice...Just wanted some head coach with fire in the Belly....Still up in the air about this one

Oh, like they say in Missouri, "Show Me". We could have done worse than Chud.

But regarding "The Wiz", "The Other Board that will Not Be Mentioned" was having conniption fits we were going to hire this guy, and they converted me to The Dark Side. I had mortal fears they were going to hire him after I heard over lunch on ESPN the Browns brought Wizenhunt back for a second interview.

Let's look at it this way- yeah, overall his resume is average. But after a 4-0 start the Cardinals went 1-11 including a 58-0 blowout by the Seahawks. Blame that on no QB if you like. Reports were he totally lost the locker room. He may have interviewed well, but in the "what have you done lately" league, Wiz stunk.

Oh, like they say in Missouri, "Show Me". We could have done worse than Chud.

But regarding "The Wiz", "The Other Board that will Not Be Mentioned" was having conniption fits we were going to hire this guy, and they converted me to The Dark Side. I had mortal fears they were going to hire him after I heard over lunch on ESPN the Browns brought Wizenhunt back for a second interview.

Let's look at it this way- yeah, overall his resume is average. But after a 4-0 start the Cardinals went 1-11 including a 58-0 blowout by the Seahawks. Blame that on no QB if you like. Reports were he totally lost the locker room. He may have interviewed well, but in the "what have you done lately" league, Wiz stunk.

Yeah, Whiz is probably unhireable right now. He had a player revolt and probably will have to go back to being a OC for awhile, if forever.

Weak, weak hire. I do think Haslam was against the wall a bit due to Joe Banner. Chud is Banner's hire. He better work out or they both will be out, very very soon.

I would have preferred Roman or McCoy.

I'll say this- let it play out. McCoy will only go to an ideal situation, and Haslam didn't want to wait around until after the SB to hire the guy anyway. Ditto that for Roman.

I was stunned to wake up and discover much to my delight that chud had been named our new HC!

Chud completely fits the list of qualities that the browns brass was looking for, i also liked trestman who fell a little short on that list but was a far better option than the other choices minus chud, when i went to bed last night i was 100% sure whisenhunt was going to be named HC due to getting a second interview which in all honesty would have made me sick to my stomach..

This has to be like a dream come true for rob as a life long browns fan to get the chance to right the misguided ship of the team we grew up adoring, here is to dreams and hero's!

GO CHUD GO!

Archived