THE BROWNS BOARD

New Coach Discussion

lambdo

This is shit that always happens to the browns. Who knows what will happen but does anyone get this vibe Kelly will have the eagles in the playoffs next year while we hire a coach who could barely cross the .500 mark in the big east? I'm getting genuinely conviced someone placed a curse on the browns.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking pissed. That being said we've seen a ton of fake rumors today already, so who knows. It was reported that Kelly and Haslam/Banner were at dinner and lawyers would be present. Now it never happened and he's close to a deal with the eagles.

Who fucking knows what's happening. All I know is we're going to get the short end of the stick again.

We went from being the frontrunners in landing the hottest commodity in the coaching scene this season to now signing Pat Shurmur v2.0.

At least this guy has head coaching experience....with a .500 record playing in the Big East.

May as well of kept shurmer than get a big east coach who,s no better than .500.So far the new owner and his flunky have dropped the ball,at least get someone who has a winning percentage.

Ain't over till it's over. Personally, I'd tell Haslam to cool the jets if Kelly stiffs them, and wait until after Sunday, assuming the Seahawks can beat the Redskins. IMO Kyle Shanahan is more attractive than Kelly.

Short attention spans should recall Brian Billick stiffed the Browns on the way to the Ratbirds for a better opportunity. Only plus the Beagles can offer is they have a qb tailor made to run Kelly's offense.

Great, great rivalry........ As a boy I played Gibson because it really was teh premium name most associated with reputable, family music stores. At 11 my parents got me an SG junior. Sold that 5 years later for a Gibsom LP 54, which was a flat body paul, tobacco burst with 2 P-90 pickups. I later installed a PAF in the bridge position, added a phase reversal switch and a Leo Quann Badass Bridge, since this was a wraparound tailpiece and not a tune-o-matic. I have regressted selling that guitar ever since they day I did.

Today, I prefer Fender. The 25 1/2 inch scale is better for bending, shredding and my favorite style, "NAshville chicken pickin". Short scale Gibsons still rule teh jazz world, save for DeAquisto and DeAngelico, but I have a 1966 L-5 that is beyond superlatives.

Otherwise, gimme a tele over ANYTHING.

who is your favorite guitarist?

1357447055[/url]' post='321122']

Fuck everything.

12:26am. - ESPN reported that Kelly has not made a decision yet and Philliy still has interviews set with 2 other coaches. So hopefully this is bullshit!

If we don't get Kelly, fine, but I'm sure in the hell do not want Marrone!! Who the fuck is he? And why the hell is he even considered to be a NFL head coach. If they hire Marrone, whoever the hell he is, the fans won't be too happy about it!!

Was laughing my ass off at the now disappeared Chip thread... with all it's past tense discussion of an event that has yet to occur...

Then at the two tweet related "we got Chip" threads... (especially when the first idiot thread-starter jumped the 2nd for starting his thread).

And now here we are...

It's likely that the Browns FO sense Kelly is using them to get more from whatever team he signs with...

And now the Browns are likely playing up their interest in Marrone to try to rein in Kelly...

At least the FO is maneuvering and not just throwing money.

---------------------

As for who is the better choice? Imma go with none of the above...

Was laughing my ass off at the now disappeared Chip thread... with all it's past tense discussion of an event that has yet to occur...

Then at the two tweet related "we got Chip" threads... (especially when the first idiot thread-starter jumped the 2nd for starting his thread).

And now here we are...

It's likely that the Browns FO sense Kelly is using them to get more from whatever team he signs with...

And now the Browns are likely playing up their interest in Marrone to try to rein in Kelly...

---------------------

Yeah Chip, we just offered Marone $10 million a year, you had better get your ass back here. :)

Just remember a tweet- unless it's from Jeffery Lurie is worth bull-sheet.

And now here we are...

---------------------

I wasn't aware that we were supposed to wait until everything was blared across ESPN to talk about it.

I have an idea. Let's sit around like a bunch of blowhard pussies and wait until shit has been dissected...then say "I told you so."

I wasn't aware that we were supposed to wait until everything was blared across ESPN to talk about it.

I have an idea. Let's sit around like a bunch of blowhard pussies and wait until shit has been dissected...then say "I told you so."

No- it's just you have to take tweets for what their worth. Plenty of fake accounts in Twitterverse, correct? Any blowhard in the world can put stuff up there. Incarcerated Boob had Kelly to the Browns days ago, remember?

No- it's just you have to take tweets for what their worth. Plenty of fake accounts in Twitterverse, correct? Any blowhard in the world can put stuff up there. Incarcerated Boob had Kelly to the Browns days ago, remember?

If it's good enough to be reported on the NFL Network, it's good enough for me.

TCPO i respect you and your knowledge of the game.....

BUT (and this is to everyone with no disrespect to none) what is or was the big hype about chip kelly and if we don't get him it's the end of the world?

if haslam and banner have any biz accumen i'd hope they'd look at all possibilities in-house, other NFL programs, and yeah even the young gun college freaks.

BUT why does the world in some people's eyes revolve around chip kelly? i mean there are other college guys that are at least worth mentioning. what teams in ncaa football deserve a mention in this conv.

boise state

wisconsin

iowa

georgia

or the coords from other NFL teams

wash (haslett or rat shat jr.)

san fran or denver D coor

mcdaniels, uh, em??

i get a lot of your guys hope and affection for kelly. i might not agree but that's just my opinion.

here's my dream team coaching staff from who's available:

lovie smith HC

jauron asst HC

mcdaniels OC

wisenhunt DC

get that and we're playoff bound first year.

BUT (and this is to everyone with no disrespect to none) what is or was the big hype about chip kelly and if we don't get him it's the end of the world?

I think it goes deeper than just Chip Kelly.

It's about having something in your grasp and not getting it.

Which as Cleveland fans we are all too well familiar with.

People say stuff like you play to win, don't play to not lose.

That's what going after Kelly signifies, sure it's risky and not the safest choice but it's swinging for the fences.

It's not like that Hoorta, all the "famous" people on there are verified and have a blue check marks if they are legit.

MKC must have had a blonde moment or something and got duped.

It's where news breaks first as far as sports goes.

Archived