THE BROWNS BOARD

#1 Reason The Browns Stunk The Last 10 Years

VENOM

#1 Reason The Browns Stunk The Last 10 Years = Piss poor QB evaluation!!!

Quinn? McCoy? Weeden? THREE QBs drafted high in the last 4 years. All highly over rated. All given up on quickly. All wasted picks that could have been used better somewhere else.

Here's a list of the "SAVIORS" the last 10 years. It's probably about time to start the "Who should we draft at QB" talk again. I don't expect Weeden to last much longer. He was such a reach when he was drafted in the 1st round. I still think if they would have drafted a couple WRs, stuck with Anderson a couple more years and developed a BETTER young QB behind him, the Browns would be playoff material in 2013 if not now. Anderson would have taken all the hits and lumps and by now a better QB would have stepped in. No Wrs to throw to and getting sacked/hit 50000 times a year has made it impossible for any of those 3 to develope.

2012 Brandon Weeden

2011 Colt McCoy / Seneca Wallace

2010 Colt McCoy / Jake Delhomme / Seneca Wallace

2009 Brady Quinn / Derek Anderson

2008 Derek Anderson / Brady Quinn / Ken Dorsey / Bruce Gradkowski

2007 Derek Anderson / Charlie Frye

2006 Charlie Frye / Derek Anderson

2005 Trent Dilfer / Charlie Frye

2004 Jeff Garcia / Kelly Holcomb / Luke McCown

2003 Kelly Holcomb / Tim Couch

2002 Tim Couch / Kelly Holcomb

Best of the lot = Kelly Holcomb

No, the best of the lot was Tim Couch. He was the only bright spot in a pile of crap.

If he had been put on the Brownss team as it exists now with the talent it has now I think he would have been a hell of a QB.

And the other thing is that I think it is way, way too soon to evaluate Weeden. He was a rookie.

In the annals or rookiedom, I think it is fair to say that he has had a decent year. It just that he has now to be compared to certain rookie QBs who have had historically outstanding years with the likes of RGIII/Luck/Wilson.

Honestly, other than Marino's rookie year, I don't recall a rookie QB ever doing as well as those 3.

What can you say. The jury is still out on all those guys in my opinion.

Yes drafting bad qbs certainly has been a factor in why the Browns have been lousy the last 10 years. But bad drafting in general, not just @ qb has been a factor too- not to mention horrible coaching. Butch "Panic Attack" Davis, love those Miami busts- Romeo "Crispy Kreme" Crenell, who's currently showing why he's not HC material in KC, and now Pat "Shur-loss".

And FWIW MHO is it's too early to throw Weeden under the bus.

I agree with you guys on Weeden. I think he has potential, but past practice says he will get "shell shocked" then given up on within 2 years. This draft is crucial! Get him WEAPONS to go with Richardson and more protection. I like the looks of the D. It isn't that bad. A good draft and a couple good FA signings and they compete with the Bengals for the division next year. The Ravens and Steelers are coming back to the pack and if they both don't re-tool some things could be battling for 4th place.

No, the best of the lot was Tim Couch. He was the only bright spot in a pile of crap.

If he had been put on the Brownss team as it exists now with the talent it has now I think he would have been a hell of a QB.

And the other thing is that I think it is way, way too soon to evaluate Weeden. He was a rookie.

In the annals or rookiedom, I think it is fair to say that he has had a decent year. It just that he has now to be compared to certain rookie QBs who have had historically outstanding years with the likes of RGIII/Luck/Wilson.

Honestly, other than Marino's rookie year, I don't recall a rookie QB ever doing as well as those 3.

Weeden needs a little more time, but Tim Couch sucked, from day one. He had a lot of guts and played with intensity at first, but just didn't have the arm to hit receivers in stride.....they always had to wait for the ball. If competitiveness and sheer guts was all it took, he would have been a great one.

Yes drafting bad qbs certainly has been a factor in why the Browns have been lousy the last 10 years. But bad drafting in general, not just @ qb has been a factor too- not to mention horrible coaching. Butch "Panic Attack" Davis, love those Miami busts- Romeo "Crispy Kreme" Crenell, who's currently showing why he's not HC material in KC, and now Pat "Shur-loss".

And FWIW MHO is it's too early to throw Weeden under the bus.

I agree with the bad coaching. None of the head coaches we have had since 1999 deserve to be head coaches in the NFL. Maybe Butch or Mangini, but they both proved they couldn't handle the job once they got it. Both of them had WAY to much input into too many things. Other then those 2 guys, We have had a bunch of career assistants as head coaches. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always said that if any single player could have sued an NFL Front Office for malpractice & for career ending physical damage, it would be Tim Couch. That kid gave his all & they NEVER even made a half hearted attempt to build an O-line & only gave him ONE WR (Kevin Johnson). That was just the start of a long string of incompetents running this storied franchise into the ground.

We finally have a REAL owner & talent is on the rise. The real #1 reason the Brown's stunk was a total lack of LEADERSHIP.

Mike

Weeden needs a little more time, but Tim Couch sucked, from day one. He had a lot of guts and played with intensity at first, but just didn't have the arm to hit receivers in stride.....they always had to wait for the ball. If competitiveness and sheer guts was all it took, he would have been a great one.

Not only that but Couch didnt have a clue on reading defenses.

1356737207[/url]' post='319663']

I've always said that if any single player could have sued an NFL Front Office for malpractice & for career ending physical damage, it would be Tim Couch. That kid gave his all & they NEVER even made a half hearted attempt to build an O-line & only gave him ONE WR (Kevin Johnson). That was just the start of a long string of incompetents running this storied franchise into the ground.

We finally have a REAL owner & talent is on the rise. The real #1 reason the Brown's stunk was a total lack of LEADERSHIP.

Mike

If Couch was so good, then how come after the Browns finally dumped him no one else wanted him? Couch was terrible! It wouldn't have mattered who played beside him.

If Couch was so good, then how come after the Browns finally dumped him no one else wanted him? Couch was terrible! It wouldn't have mattered who played beside him.

Because Couch was damaged goods after the Browns dumped him. A serious argument could be made a healthy Couch could have been the best qb the Browns have had since '99.

Kelly Holcomb? Trent Dildofer? Really?

me thinks weeds has the physical skill set to compete in this league but i question if he has the character

or potential to LEAD. maybe the new coaching staff can help him develop this attribute which i feel was

lacking in a big way season 2012. phil jackson is only a phone call away.

Archived