THE BROWNS BOARD

Anquan Boldin

Oldcrow1945

For you guys that may have not heard it yet, it seems that the NFL has found yet another selfish, prima donna Wide out that thinks he is more important than his team.

His actions at the end of the game and immediately following is along the lines of T.O.

I just cannot fathom guys with this mentality. His team wins the NFC and the only thing that matters to him is his touches.

If I were the Cardinals I'd suspend him and tell him he's not going to the Super bowl.

You know what? I don't blame Boldin. He has worked his ass of and he's a great player who wants to contribute. Who doesn't? The Year My Son Was Small, 8th grade, his team won the championship (they've won the league each of the last two years, too... freshman and JV). The first half of the year, he played corner, which he hated, and backup running back. Sometimes he got beat and got pulled. Again, he'd always been a linebacker and HATED corner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3843834

Although in a situation like this, he needs to just swollow his pride and wait for his time to shine. He is free to leave after this season, but his season isn't over. It may have just been the emotion of the big game, but it wasn't like they were purposely avoiding him. Fitzy was on fire and his every catch was turning into a big play.

Although in a situation like this, he needs to just swollow his pride and wait for his time to shine. He is free to leave after this season, but his season isn't over. It may have just been the emotion of the big game, but it wasn't like they were purposely avoiding him. Fitzy was on fire and his every catch was turning into a big play.

Exactly. Team comes first. Your team just won. So what if you weren't a major player in the victory? Evidently your being a big player wasn't needed today. That's ok. Maybe in another game you will be needed to be that big player.

Everyone has their moments to shine and great players will all have them. That's what I told every player that didn't seem to be having a big game or wasn't very involved ina game for one reason or another.

This shows me that it doesn't matter what it takes for the team to win. In Boldin's eyes they either win with him being a major player or they shouldn't win at all.

To take away from your organizations greatest day in it's history is about as low as you can get.

I would never understand my son being misreable in the situation you descibe Shep. He is still playing! Right or wrong, he is still a big part of the TEAM! We can always question coaching decisions but I never allowed my own questioning of coaches decisions influence my son because he didn't see it or hear it from me. I knew to question things in front of my son would hurt him and the team's chances at success.

As a coach, I have to tell you that I could line up my kids and tell you the ones that were hearing bad things at the dinner table every evening. Either about where the kid was playing or coaching or play calling or anything to do with the team.

I'd see it in their attitude and their play. It effected them everywhere. This is why i would never, ever complain in front of my son. I'd tell him he fits well there and all you can ask of yourself is to be a man and give it all you have where the coach wants you.....Then I'd go to my wife and raise hell! lol!

We were 8-1 one year and I had a dad come up to me and tell me we were doing a terrible job. Why? Because his son wasn't getting to play where he wanted to. This happens all the time, believe it or not, it happens more when you are winning big rather than when you are losing. One reason is you have a lot of talent so the difference btween the three kids playing LB and the the #4 and #5 kid may be nominal. But only three can play there.

Not to discount what your story was Shep...But a big percentage of parents always think their kid deserves to be playing somewhere else.....That they know more than the coach.

Have you seen this guy ppl? I would love to have him one the browns!! he's a fighter. He is one of the strongest receivers in the league, and is built for the AFC north. He's like hines ward only better, bigger, meaner, and more athletic.

I hope we have the intelligence to sign him if the cards dont tag him

Boldins contract isnt up this off-season so the Cards dont have to tag him, he has a while left on it. I dont know what Bolding was even saying but he was obviously pumped up and wanted to help his team win so this kind of thing wouldn't bother me. Not taking part in the celebrations and getting out of the locker room before the reporters were allowed in would a bit though. But a few Cardinals have come out and said this is normal behaviour for them, they don't mind shouting at each other a little, they're all grown ups.

Most WR's are drama queens but if they have the talent to play like Boldin does I would like the Browns to sign him if possible, could you see that stud receiving corp. Boldin Edwards, and Winslow and if pussy Stallworth shows up to play we may have something there.

What we really need for the offense to click is a Premier RB that will make Defensive Coordinators shit their pants then we can use play action all day to set up bigger plays.

Most WR's are drama queens but if they have the talent to play like Boldin does I would like the Browns to sign him if possible, could you see that stud receiving corp. Boldin Edwards, and Winslow and if pussy Stallworth shows up to play we may have something there.

What we really need for the offense to click is a Premier RB that will make Defensive Coordinators shit their pants then we can use play action all day to set up bigger plays.

The last statement I would agree with. But having Edwards and Boldin on the same team would be a huge headache for Brady Quinn and Eric Mangini and anyone else who would be responsible for not getting them the ball enough.

I'll never understand this stuff....T.O. was and still may be one of the most talented Wide outs in the business. He has won nothing and causes nothing but trouble with his selfish antics. Why would you want to expose basically a 1st year QB to that?

My gosh, Boldin is crying and they won the NFC!!! You actually want that?

I can see it now...One week Braylon will be crying and then the next week it will be Boldin. Boy, that's what I want!

Sorry Anquan, But there is only one ball and right now Larry Fitzgerald blows you away.

WR's is not the problem with this team. Defense and no running game is.

Archived