THE BROWNS BOARD

Whelp... Shurms Is Gone

Smotage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

For what it's worth.

He's playing timid, that's for sure. But I can almost say for certain that the offense was totally shrunk for him today. I hear what you're saying, but why would Shurmer do that? I know it's against KC but he looked great throwing down field. Weeden has looked bad but the way the offense was ran today no QB can succeed. All I'm saying here is that both guys have a lot of the blame for the offense being terrible.

He's playing timid, that's for sure. But I can almost say for certain that the offense was totally shrunk for him today. I hear what you're saying, but why would Shurmer do that? I know it's against KC but he looked great throwing down field. Weeden has looked bad but the way the offense was ran today no QB can succeed. All I'm saying here is that both guys have a lot of the blame for the offense being terrible.

And Im just gonna tell you what My eyes see...Wheezin has 0 vision and 0 intangibles...Richardson is an ordinary 3rd down back at best.

Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

As usual Browns fans want to throw out the coach, the quarterback, get a better running back...When will you guys learn thats why we suck year after year... Weeden will be a good QB if you just relax and let him develop and grow! TR is going to rock and Shurmer...he really should go!

Can we be real for a minute

Shurmer would make Tom Brady look bad

Weeden will be fine once we good the right coach

Hekertt I do not mind, but he will get shit canned too

I want Andy Reid!!!! He can coach, he has had a bad yr and should have never put all his eggs in the Vick box. His track record speaks for itself

Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

Shanahan out coached him bad, real bad. This signed Shurmers pink slip, I would bet on that.

Shanahan out coached him bad, real bad. This signed Shurmers pink slip, I would bet on that.

We can only hope. IMO there is NO WAY shurmer is back next year

I just want to point out all the idiots calling for Shurmer to keep his job after we won 3 in a row.

Don't count me in there. I've wanted him gone ALL SEASON

Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

Richardson was not effective at all in the first half. Just because he punched in two touchdowns on the goal line does not mean he was gashing the Skins. The run game was abysmal and I don't blame the coaches for trying to do something differently. That being said, I am disappointed with both rookies so far. Also, I cannot understand why fans seem to be so much more patient with Richardson than Weeden when Richardson was the #3 overall pick whom we traded up for, and QBs are supposed to struggle more their rookie year. I am not trying to defend Weeden because, like I said, he has been disappointing as well, but I do think Weeden gets in inappropriate amount of flack compared to Trent.

Horse shit. What has Christian Ponder done to make teams respect the pass? Adrian Peterson runs hard and fast and CREATES plays, Trent Richardson runs hard and fights for extra yards but does not have an explosive burst to hit holes. He dances and either doesn't see them or can't get through them quick enough.

All people want to do is make excuses for these guys, are you their PR agent?

Adrian Peterson is a beast so i don't understand your point. The Browns should dump Trent because he is not as good as AP? Trent is a really good RB and will get better.......BTW he is a rookie. The Browns can definately work with Trent and put some pieces around him to get better. Trent is not the problem here.

Andy Reid is a control freak who will be fired for sucking every week at coaching for the past 5 years.

If Andy Reid is the solution, I don't want to know what the problem was.

Lets see I much he sucks over the past five years

2008 9-6-1 Playoffs

2009 11-5 Playoffs

2010 10-6 PLayoffs

2011 8-8

2012 4-10 - Also this yr every single starting o-linemen is out plu 2 second strings plus Maclin for part of the year, plus D.Jackson and Mccoy for part of the yr. Michael Vick does suck. Biggest mistake Philly did was Vick. Vick took over as Starting QB and the Eagles have been 18-16 has Vick as QB, now 8 of those wins was Vicks first year and then he got a huge contract.

Andy Reid is a Very good coach.

I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

Running the ball hasn't taken a backseat in Minnesota. Peterson is carrying that team to the playoffs despite having one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

Running the ball hasn't taken a backseat in Minnesota. Peterson is carrying that team to the playoffs despite having one of the worst QB's in the NFL.

The difference is since AP has been in Minnesota they have had a running identity to that game. The offense is predicated on the run and the game plan is about the run. Anyone with two eyes can see this team has no identity. One time Weeden is throwing 40 times and the next Richardson is getting 25+ carries. It can't be understated how important that is IMO

The difference is since AP has been in Minnesota they have had a running identity to that game. The offense is predicated on the run and the game plan is about the run. Anyone with two eyes can see this team has no identity. One time Weeden is throwing 40 times and the next Richardson is getting 25+ carries. It can't be understated how important that is IMO

I completely agree. The coach has no identity and neither does this team.

Lets see I much he sucks over the past five years

2008 9-6-1 Playoffs

2009 11-5 Playoffs

2010 10-6 PLayoffs

2011 8-8

2012 4-10 - Also this yr every single starting o-linemen is out plu 2 second strings plus Maclin for part of the year, plus D.Jackson and Mccoy for part of the yr. Michael Vick does suck. Biggest mistake Philly did was Vick. Vick took over as Starting QB and the Eagles have been 18-16 has Vick as QB, now 8 of those wins was Vicks first year and then he got a huge contract.

Andy Reid is a Very good coach.

Problem is Shurmer is too skinny. We need another obese coach on the sidelines who will motivate the team.

2.5 YPC is not a problem. RIGHT.... Two weeks in a row and for nearly every game this season he's been unable to do anything on his own. NOT Explosive.

How many runs of 20+ yards this year? 2.

That is awful no matter how many years you have been a pro.

Every cocksucker on here and in this "fan base" talked about how Trent Richardson is a BEAST. How he is the BEST RB PROSPECT SINCE ADRIAN PETERSON.

Now, you're justifying why he's good enough to even stay on the team?

Don't see what you people did and still don't. He runs hard and is a good player but No. 3 overall he is not. I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm saying they should have never drafted him.

BTW, your argument is Retarded. The Browns' O-line is regarded as one of the better units around the league. What pieces do the Browns need to add that will make him run faster and hit holes quicker? DUMB DUMB DUMB

Well you convinced me. Trent is shit and we should bench his ass just to prove it. We have a great o-line and a terrific QB and awesome receivers........nuff said. I am sorry that i doubted your wisdom.

I would also like to point out.......just for the record that i am NOT a cocksucker. Just wanted to make that clear.

Trent only needs 103 yds in the last two games to get to 1,000. So that's two games where he'll probably get 25 carries each game for a total of 50.........It's gonna be close.

I just want to point out all the idiots calling for Shurmer to keep his job after we won 3 in a row.

I wasn't in Shur-loss' camp, but that 3 game win streak had me say he wins 2 out of the last 3 he may stick. He won't.

Ward's out against the Donkeys, not only will Manning shred the secondary, Fox will again coach Patsy's pants off and Del Rio is one of the better DC's around.

2.5 YPC is not a problem. RIGHT.... Two weeks in a row and for nearly every game this season he's been unable to do anything on his own. NOT Explosive.

How many runs of 20+ yards this year? 2.

That is awful no matter how many years you have been a pro.

Every cocksucker on here and in this "fan base" talked about how Trent Richardson is a BEAST. How he is the BEST RB PROSPECT SINCE ADRIAN PETERSON.

Now, you're justifying why he's good enough to even stay on the team?

Don't see what you people did and still don't. He runs hard and is a good player but No. 3 overall he is not. I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm saying they should have never drafted him.

BTW, your argument is Retarded. The Browns' O-line is regarded as one of the better units around the league. What pieces do the Browns need to add that will make him run faster and hit holes quicker? DUMB DUMB DUMB

I said when they drafted him- taking a RB @ #3, they had better be Peterson good. Just looking at Richardson's college tapes, you could tell he wasn't. Got run down from behind a couple of times at 'Bama. That NEVER happened to AP in college. Dances too much, and right now Hardesty shows better burst. BTW, I've seen "The Beast" got arm tackled by one guy plenty of times this year- never saw that happen to Jim Brown.

So he's got a bunch of touchdowns and will have a 1,000 yard season- that's nothing to write home about anymore for a RB. T-Rich is 16th in yardage. I do believe every one of the guys ahead of him were drafted lower.

I said when they drafted him- taking a RB @ #3, they had better be Peterson good. Just looking at Richardson's college tapes, you could tell he wasn't. Got run down from behind a couple of times at 'Bama. That NEVER happened to AP in college. Dances too much, and right now Hardesty shows better burst. BTW, I've seen "The Beast" got arm tackled by one guy plenty of times this year- never saw that happen to Jim Brown.

So he's got a bunch of touchdowns and will have a 1,000 yard season- that's nothing to write home about anymore for a RB. T-Rich is 16th in yardage. I do believe every one of the guys ahead of him were drafted lower.

Im not trying to defend the pick...But it may just be what the Browns wanted for the offense we run...Other than that...Im not all that impressed with T-rich...He looks "ordinary"...will that change?...Who knows...

Im not trying to defend the pick...But it may just be what the Browns wanted for the offense we run...Other than that...Im not all that impressed with T-rich...He looks "ordinary"...will that change?...Who knows...

I'm not writing Richardson off yet- or Weeden for that matter.

However, I think it's safe to say we can write Shur-loss off come December 31st, if not sooner. Rams fans hated him, 90% of this board thinks he sucks, and even the knowledgeable 'Skins fans who posted here the past week were laughing at his ineptitude.

IF the Vikings make the playoffs, one and done. I'd rather have Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Brees over Peterson every day of the week and twice on Sunday as would every GM in the NFL. The NFL is a QB driven league, fact.

IF the Vikings make the playoffs, one and done. I'd rather have Brady, Rodgers, Manning or Brees over Peterson every day of the week and twice on Sunday as would every GM in the NFL. The NFL is a QB driven league, fact.

So true..... This is why the browns have sucked for so long, and will continue to suck until we break the QB curse

I'm not writing Richardson off yet- or Weeden for that matter.

However, I think it's safe to say we can write Shur-loss off come December 31st, if not sooner. Rams fans hated him, 90% of this board thinks he sucks, and even the knowledgeable 'Skins fans who posted here the past week were laughing at his ineptitude.

90%, good lord I hope there's not an entire 10% of browns fans that like him

They drafted a first-round QB and two second-round WRs.

How much more of a crutch are you going to keep giving TR? Does Adrian Peterson need fucking QBs or WRs to run the fucking football like a pro?

EARTH TO DUMB ASS --> When you pick a RB No. 3 overall you should not have to put him into the picture perfect offense for him to succeed. He is supposed to IMPACT the offense to help improve it. Not the other way around.

Petterson gets 25+ carries a game. Trent gets 11.............WE NEED A NEW COACH

Archived