Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

This Week In The Afc North

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for the four funniest acts ever to play in Cleveland, all returning at once for a return engagement:

Romeo "Big Love" Crennel: Good ol' lovable Romeo inherited a 4-12 Browns team and in four years turned it into a 4-12 team. His press conferences were so comical that they became a youtube sensation. He literally flipped a coin to determine his starting QB one year. When he returned to his much better-fitting role of defensive coordinator with the Chiefs, he happened to be there when the HC got fired, and after rallying the troops to a stellar 2-1 finish he got the job on a full-time basis. His 2-10 mark this year brings his head coaching mark to an amazing 28-51. Amazing when you consider he got 10 of those wins in 2007, when it wasn't his "signature" defense, but an explosive offense that led the Browns to their highest winning mark since The Reconstruction. Two years later, that offense was all but dead in the hands of this man:

Brian "What's in Dabol, Bitch?" Dabol: Brian came to Cleveland with Eric Mangini and was put in charge of the offense. Dabol was able to mold an offense together that was dead last in points scored and 29th in yards his first year and turn it into an offense that 29th in points and 31st in yards the next year. That, folks, is progress. But it wasn't just the results, it was the manner: running when they expected the run, passing when they expected the pass, it was simply "brilliant". The longest play from scrimmage during the Dabol era was a Reggie Hodges fake punt masterminded by the special teams coach. Dabol parlayed his success into a 6-10 season in Miami that got the head coach fired, and parlayed that success to his job with the 2-10 Chiefs who are, yes, 31st in points scored and led by the smooth stylings of this guy:

Brady "I'm Your Lady" Quinn: The Browns remarkably traded a first round and an early second round pick to move up to take Quinn in the first round, and it delighted the schoolgirls and generally more feminine Browns fans. Problem was: He couldn't play. Couldn't beat out the likes of Derek Anderson. In three years he won a grand total of three games in twelve starts and never got his passer rating above 67. He was awful, yet his blind admirers were persistent in admiring his "gifts", crying that he "never got a chance", and these fans were to be forever known as "Quinn Fags" and banished to their own little corner of Browns fandom where, to this day, they whine about their poor treatment by the mean, real Browns fans. As for Quinn, he got the job by default in KC after famously backing up both Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at the same time(read that again) after the Browns traded him for some baubles and beads and this guy:

Peyton "The White Whiner" Hillis: When Hillis was thrown in for Quinn, he was a backup fullback with the Broncos and we weren't sure he would make the roster. Instead, he exploded on the scene, stealing the tailback job from Jerome Harrison and punishing (and leaping over) defenders en route to over 1600 total yards and 13 Tds in 2010. He was voted the Madden Coverboy and then ... got some real bad advice on how to handle contract negotiations. Instead of taking a nice deal to continue on as the Browns starting RB, Hillis demanded big time dollars and blossomed into a Full Fledged Arkansas Shit-Kicking Prima Donna Diva. His public feud with the Browns front office upset teammates and showed up in his play, and then he became the scourge of the Browns fans that rooted him on the year before when he refused to dress for an early season game against the Dolphins because he had "strep throat". And then it got worse when it was revealed that his agent told him not to play. The comical part was his play on the field, as, in between injuries and whining he managed just 3 TDs and just over 500 yards rushing on the season. The Great White Hope had turned into Just Another Dope ... but he found a home in Kansas City with motivational guru Romeo, offensive genius Dabol and master of the "4-yard out" Quinn, where the rejuvenated Hillis has racked up ... 193 yards and 1 TD.

Welcome back, Boys, welcome back.

LAST WEEK 1-2 SEASON 24-16 v. Spread

Dallas at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

I don't get too much into the soap opera stuff with teams likes Dallas. I just look at the roster up and down. It's better than Cincy's. Do they still have motivation to win? Yes. OK, I'm done here. They will not only beat the spread, they will win the game outright. COWBOYS 24 BUNGLES 20.

Kansas City at Cleveland 1:00 PM

The Chiefs battled for a hard-earned win last week after many close losses throughout the season. But the Browns are gaining momentum, and once the Chiefs get punched in the mouth on the road, they will revert to the rudderless heap of uncertainty and lack of identity that they were the rest of the season. The Browns defense will keep Quinn and Co. in check all day while rookie triplets Weeden, Richardson and Gordon continue to improve and start to flex muscle. BROWNS 27 CHIEFS 10

San Diego at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Steeler fans are telling themselves that they lost 2 out of 3, barely winning the third, all in the division, these past three weeks because they were missing Big Ben. This week they realize "Hey ... maybe we're just not that good". Even with the vultures circling over their team bus, the Chargers have enough firepower to upset the over-confident, and over-rated Steelers. If you can grab Phillip Rivers in Fantasy this week ... do it. He lights them up. CHARGERS 34 STEELERS 26

Baltimore at Washington 1:00 PM

Always fun when these close neighbors clash, and this year there is electric in the air as Redskins fans are experiencing "RGIII Fever". Unfortunately, Griffin only plays one posItion, and Baltimore is better at most of the rest. Big day for Ray Rice and some purple bruises for RGIII. RAVENS 31 REDSKINS 16

All I can say is it's a good thing they don't have Braylon Edwards... :blink:

Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for the four funniest acts ever to play in Cleveland, all returning at once for a return engagement:

Romeo "Big Love" Crennel: Good ol' lovable Romeo inherited a 4-12 Browns team and in four years turned it into a 4-12 team. His press conferences were so comical that they became a youtube sensation. He literally flipped a coin to determine his starting QB one year. When he returned to his much better-fitting role of defensive coordinator with the Chiefs, he happened to be there when the HC got fired, and after rallying the troops to a stellar 2-1 finish he got the job on a full-time basis. His 2-10 mark this year brings his head coaching mark to an amazing 28-51. Amazing when you consider he got 10 of those wins in 2007, when it wasn't his "signature" defense, but an explosive offense that led the Browns to their highest winning mark since The Reconstruction. Two years later, that offense was all but dead in the hands of this man:

Brian "What's in Dabol, Bitch?" Dabol: Brian came to Cleveland with Eric Mangini and was put in charge of the offense. Dabol was able to mold an offense together that was dead last in points scored and 29th in yards his first year and turn it into an offense that 29th in points and 31st in yards the next year. That, folks, is progress. But it wasn't just the results, it was the manner: running when they expected the run, passing when they expected the pass, it was simply "brilliant". The longest play from scrimmage during the Dabol era was a Reggie Hodges fake punt masterminded by the special teams coach. Dabol parlayed his success into a 6-10 season in Miami that got the head coach fired, and parlayed that success to his job with the 2-10 Chiefs who are, yes, 31st in points scored and led by the smooth stylings of this guy:

Brady "I'm Your Lady" Quinn: The Browns remarkably traded a first round and an early second round pick to move up to take Quinn in the first round, and it delighted the schoolgirls and generally more feminine Browns fans. Problem was: He couldn't play. Couldn't beat out the likes of Derek Anderson. In three years he won a grand total of three games in twelve starts and never got his passer rating above 67. He was awful, yet his blind admirers were persistent in admiring his "gifts", crying that he "never got a chance", and these fans were to be forever known as "Quinn Fags" and banished to their own little corner of Browns fandom where, to this day, they whine about their poor treatment by the mean, real Browns fans. As for Quinn, he got the job by default in KC after famously backing up both Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at the same time(read that again) after the Browns traded him for some baubles and beads and this guy:

Peyton "The White Whiner" Hillis: When Hillis was thrown in for Quinn, he was a backup fullback with the Broncos and we weren't sure he would make the roster. Instead, he exploded on the scene, stealing the tailback job from Jerome Harrison and punishing (and leaping over) defenders en route to over 1600 total yards and 13 Tds in 2010. He was voted the Madden Coverboy and then ... got some real bad advice on how to handle contract negotiations. Instead of taking a nice deal to continue on as the Browns starting RB, Hillis demanded big time dollars and blossomed into a Full Fledged Arkansas Shit-Kicking Prima Donna Diva. His public feud with the Browns front office upset teammates and showed up in his play, and then he became the scourge of the Browns fans that rooted him on the year before when he refused to dress for an early season game against the Dolphins because he had "strep throat". And then it got worse when it was revealed that his agent told him not to play. The comical part was his play on the field, as, in between injuries and whining he managed just 3 TDs and just over 500 yards rushing on the season. The Great White Hope had turned into Just Another Dope ... but he found a home in Kansas City with motivational guru Romeo, offensive genius Dabol and master of the "4-yard out" Quinn, where the rejuvenated Hillis has racked up ... 193 yards and 1 TD.

Welcome back, Boys, welcome back.

LAST WEEK 1-2 SEASON 24-16 v. Spread

Dallas at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

I don't get too much into the soap opera stuff with teams likes Dallas. I just look at the roster up and down. It's better than Cincy's. Do they still have motivation to win? Yes. OK, I'm done here. They will not only beat the spread, they will win the game outright. COWBOYS 24 BUNGLES 20.

Kansas City at Cleveland 1:00 PM

The Chiefs battled for a hard-earned win last week after many close losses throughout the season. But the Browns are gaining momentum, and once the Chiefs get punched in the mouth on the road, they will revert to the rudderless heap of uncertainty and lack of identity that they were the rest of the season. The Browns defense will keep Quinn and Co. in check all day while rookie triplets Weeden, Richardson and Gordon continue to improve and start to flex muscle. BROWNS 27 CHIEFS 10

San Diego at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Steeler fans are telling themselves that they lost 2 out of 3, barely winning the third, all in the division, these past three weeks because they were missing Big Ben. This week they realize "Hey ... maybe we're just not that good". Even with the vultures circling over their team bus, the Chargers have enough firepower to upset the over-confident, and over-rated Steelers. If you can grab Phillip Rivers in Fantasy this week ... do it. He lights them up. CHARGERS 34 STEELERS 26

Baltimore at Washington 1:00 PM

Always fun when these close neighbors clash, and this year there is electric in the air as Redskins fans are experiencing "RGIII Fever". Unfortunately, Griffin only plays one posItion, and Baltimore is better at most of the rest. Big day for Ray Rice and some purple bruises for RGIII. RAVENS 31 REDSKINS 16

I see youve toned down the predictions score wise for CLE. Good call...I wish CLE would score 35 points but with the conservative playcalling it prolly wont happen. The Defense will need to stomp KC in its tracks if we put a big W on em.

I see youve toned down the predictions score wise for CLE. Good call...I wish CLE would score 35 points but with the conservative playcalling it prolly wont happen. The Defense will need to stomp KC in its tracks if we put a big W on em.

[/quote

Our D won't be a problem. I don't think we will score a lot of points against their D

i always knew you were a racist.

nigel.

Last Week....

Me: Wkly: 1-2 SU & 1-2 vs Sprd

YTD: 19-17 SU & 14-20-1 vs Sprd

Z: Wk13: 1-2 and YTD: 16-23 SU

Week 14:

Dallas @ Cincinnati (-3.0) - Cinci 24 DFW 13

Dallas' talent deficiencies have become clearer and clearer with each passing week... and now their character deficiencies follow their "talent" into reality's harsh light. Jerry's boys have sunk so low that he may have to do a telethon.

Meanwhile Cinci quietly continues their path to an AFC Wild Card spot.

San Diego @ Pittsburgh (NL) - PTG 34 SD 16

Big Ben is back and SD is slowly sinking into the Pacific...

Baltimore @ Washington (-2.5) - BLT 37 WSH 34

Great inter-conference rivalry...

BLT knows it cannot afford to let another one slip away.

Kansas City @ Cleveland (-6.5) - KC 16 CLE 13

He who laughs last laughs best...

KC found a rallying point in last week's tragedy. This week the carryover plus the "We'll show them" incentive key Chiefs bring with them to Browns' Stadium should be enough against a growing Browns team that is learning to win... but is unaccustomed to carrying the expectation of winning into a game.

Last Week....

Week 14:

Dallas' talent deficiencies have become clearer and clearer with each passing week... and now their character deficiencies follow their "talent" into reality's harsh light. Jerry's boys have sunk so low that he may have to do a telethon.

KC found a rallying point in last week's tragedy. This week the carryover plus the "We'll show them" incentive key Chiefs bring with them to Browns' Stadium should be enough against a growing Browns team that is learning to win... but is unaccustomed to carrying the expectation of winning into a game.

Nice 0-4 today. Zombo just about picked the exact scores for three of the games, too.

• Upvote 3

Last Week....

Week 14:

Nice work, Chief.

I'm 27-17 now, and it would have been a great-looking perfect week had The Ravens held on.

Oh well ... I'd rather they lose.

Where's my Steeler fans?

Zombo

Been a while but Some things never Change , then again Props to the Browns on the serious Upswing !

My Steelers ...Over Rated and Over Confident ? Cant and Wont Argue !! Severely Inconsistent, Ben will be Fine but the Offensive scheme is lacking and The Defense ? Well I failed to see the Defense Today !

Browns fans props on Beating us 2 weeks ago , an for your 3 game winning Streak. Finally its been since 1988 that you guys swept the Men Of Steel , that could very well end n 2 weeks.

Question is , is this a Browns resurgence or yet another flicker of Flame before it extinguishes itself all too soon ...AGAIN. Looks like the makings of a Real movement toward Contention. Kudos.

The Steelers wont be away too long , but this year is far too full of evidence that This year is NOT to be a memorable one to my Fellow Steeler Fans, and i am not being negative , just a Realist !! Good luck long suffering Browns fans , enjoy the Climb !

Been a while but Some things never Change , then again Props to the Browns on the serious Upswing !

My Steelers ...Over Rated and Over Confident ? Cant and Wont Argue !! Severely Inconsistent, Ben will be Fine but the Offensive scheme is lacking and The Defense ? Well I failed to see the Defense Today !

Browns fans props on Beating us 2 weeks ago , an for your 3 game winning Streak. Finally its been since 1988 that you guys swept the Men Of Steel , that could very well end n 2 weeks.

Question is , is this a Browns resurgence or yet another flicker of Flame before it extinguishes itself all too soon ...AGAIN. Looks like the makings of a Real movement toward Contention. Kudos.

The Steelers wont be away too long , but this year is far too full of evidence that This year is NOT to be a memorable one to my Fellow Steeler Fans, and i am not being negative , just a Realist !! Good luck long suffering Browns fans , enjoy the Climb !

I guess the answer is this: The Browns ascendancy may be an illusion, but the Steelers demise is not.