THE BROWNS BOARD

I Hope They are BOTH Alright!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Clark launched himself head first at McGahee, who seemed to instinctively duck his head into the contact. Though the helmet-to-helmet nature might have been inadvertent, the league typically frowns on players launching themselves helmet first at opponents."

This is exactly what I was talking about. "Clark launched himself head first at McGahee. . . the league typically frowns on players launching themselves helmet first at opponents." My first post talked about this being exactly what I hate, is players launching themselves head first. The picture showed his arms at his sides, he wasn't trying to make a good form tackle, he was trying to make the big 'highlight' hit.

You said in another post that it was a clean hit, then turned around and said he will probably get fined by the NFL. The NFL doesn't make it a habit of fining clean hits.

I NEVER said he will be fined and yes Goodell said he will fine clean hits if he feels the were unnecessary. Tackling someone with the ball is not only necessary, its the point of the game.

So much for frowning on players who launch themselves... That Jets player wasn't fined for luanching himself at Boldin, he was fined for the blantant helmet-to-helmet hit on a defensless receiver. McGahee wasn't defensless becuase he ran straight at Clark while he looked at him. Helmet-to-helmet tackling is allowed as long as you don't luach yourself. He hit shoulder-to-shoulder to start.

Do you want me to copy that picture in here 6 times that shows his head leaning back before his shoulder is impacted? I can. . . because then maybe seeing it 6 times will make you understand that you're wrong.

League rule states that helmet-to-helmet tackling isn't against the rules. And yeah, I would LOVE for you to show me proof it was blantantly helemt-to-helmet. I suggest you use the same method the league does and look at it from atleast 3 different angles.

That hit was clean..... Although Goodell fined Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley for similiar hits, to stay fair I figured he would be fined. Although it was completely clean.

I believe this is you saying you figured he would be fined. . .

And you were WRONG about that too!

Fact is that Clark has a history of just this kind of hit. He's been fined before for "helmet-to-helmet" hits and "launching" himself at other players. He admits he doesn't "know how to control" his tackles.

Did you even read what I said? What was wrong about that? Or did he get fined?

FS's are known for being reckless when making hits and tackles. See Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Rodney harrison, Sean Taylor etc. In the NFL, it seems to be nature of the position to get fined and penalized more often then other positions. It doesn't make it right to do anything dangerous or dirty. Yes, he has made reckless hits before but he doesn't have a history of dirty play...

Guest Masters
That was in refrence to Willie McGinest's hit on Ben. For the record, he wasn't fined as of now so he will probably never be fined for it. (That last sentence also being in refrence to Willie's hit on Ben)

There ar times when guys are fined until 2, 3, or 4 days after a game. Sometimes a week later. If he isn't fined by Thursday, then he won't be for sure.

I, too, hope they're both alright. . . but I SERIOUSLY HATE when players lead with their helmet to the other player's head. It seems to happen more and more each game, and more and more players are getting serious concussion, neck injuries, paralysis. Yet they keep doing it. What is it, they don't know good tackling fundamentals, so they try to knock them out so they can't go anymore? It's dangerous for the players doing it, and it's even more dangerous for the players not expecting it. It's cheap, and they need to keep it under control before someone gets killed. I'm not picking on the Steelers, players around the league are doing it. Even Sean Jones and Brodney Pool (Pool keeps giving himself concussions by leading with his head).

I'm done venting. Way to ruin a good game.

Did you ever play DB ??? You Head will be out there on Tackles. and He had his shoulder out front. The Motion of Both made it as semi-Head to Head Shoulder to Head collision. The guy with his Head out front is Equally at Danger you know ? No sane person TRYS to use his Head on a hit.

Guest ATENEARS

I heard that McGahee was bitching up a storm in the UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh. Allegedly, one of the defenders kept telling him all game that if he had the chance that he was gonna 'Spear him' ... whatever that means. He commented on the low-class Steeler fans who spit on his strapped down body as he entered the tunnel and how the medical staff just laughed at him and didn't even have the decency to wipe away the spit that was running into his eyes.

Wow, this is all pretty low. Let's hope it isn't true for mankinds sake.

I heard that McGahee was bitching up a storm in the UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh. Allegedly, one of the defenders kept telling him all game that if he had the chance that he was gonna 'Spear him' ... whatever that means. He commented on the low-class Steeler fans who spit on his strapped down body as he entered the tunnel and how the medical staff just laughed at him and didn't even have the decency to wipe away the spit that was running into his eyes.

Wow, this is all pretty low. Let's hope it isn't true for mankinds sake.

You lost credibility with this post.

It's one thing to hate the Steelers and root against them consistently - I'm alright with that, but starting or spreading clearly false and derogatory rumors - especially you, the operator of a message forum is beyond cheap and uncalled for.

While I might rag everyone here and take witty shots at the Browns, I don't stoop to this level of trash. Even Ravens fans have the integrity to not post this kind of garbage on their forums.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Guest ATENEARS
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

Bravo stan, you got a serious reprimanding post out of chubby checker.

Thats fargin' hilarious....

I'm over here kicking my desk and chairs around ... pissed that I even had any credibility left to lose at this point in the season.

I must be slipping.

You lost credibility with this post.

It's one thing to hate the Steelers and root against them consistently - I'm alright with that, but starting or spreading clearly false and derogatory rumors - especially you, the operator of a message forum is beyond cheap and uncalled for.

While I might rag everyone here and take witty shots at the Browns, I don't stoop to this level of trash. Even Ravens fans have the integrity to not post this kind of garbage on their forums.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I guess he had mute on the TV becuase he couldn't hear the dozens of people saying "Good luck" and "get well"?

I guess he had mute on the TV becuase he couldn't hear the dozens of people saying "Good luck" and "get well"?

How many people does your stadium hold? Do you really think you can hear "dozens of people" saying nice things over the other 60 or 70 thousand?

League rule states that helmet-to-helmet tackling isn't against the rules. And yeah, I would LOVE for you to show me proof it was blantantly helemt-to-helmet. I suggest you use the same method the league does and look at it from atleast 3 different angles.

We did - the pic that fooleze posted and the video was replayed at different angles multiple times during the game.

Video from 3 different angles. Starts at :38. Pay attention to physics, toolbag. That was helmet-to-helmet first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcWMvOlKAo&fmt=18

Quit living in denial. Your idiot player doesn' know how to tackle - he never once even TRIED to wrap him up.

Here's hoping idiot Clark has shortened his own career because of hits like that.

We did - the pic that fooleze posted and the video was replayed at different angles multiple times during the game.

Video from 3 different angles. Starts at :38. Pay attention to physics, toolbag. That was helmet-to-helmet first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcWMvOlKAo&fmt=18

Quit living in denial. Your idiot player doesn' know how to tackle - he never once even TRIED to wrap him up.

Here's hoping idiot Clark has shortened his own career because of hits like that.

How come the first thing to jerk back was his shoulder, not his head? Arguing with Browns fans is like arguing with stuborn 5 year olds.

Way to wish someone career is shortened becuase they made a big hit...Ed Reed does the same thing...

How come the first thing to jerk back was his shoulder, not his head? Arguing with Browns fans is like arguing with stuborn 5 year olds.

Way to wish someone career is shortened becuase they made a big hit...Ed Reed does the same thing...

It's not an argument when you have no ground to stand on. You're stupid, blind, in denial, or all of the preceding.

The first thing to move was his head. It's THERE on VIDEO evidence. Fooleze's still pic even SHOWS McGahee's head has been moved backwards WHEN their shoulders touch.

You're going to grow up, have children, and continue the cycle of stupidity, aren't you?

I don't wish guys careers are shortened because the make big hits - I wish idiots that don't know how to properly tackle would either learn how or GTFO out of the game. Your boy Clark has a history of this - he doesn't know how to tackle.

It's not an argument when you have no ground to stand on. You're stupid, blind, in denial, or all of the preceding.

The first thing to move was his head. It's THERE on VIDEO evidence. Fooleze's still pic even SHOWS McGahee's head has been moved backwards WHEN their shoulders touch.

You're going to grow up, have children, and continue the cycle of stupidity, aren't you?

I don't wish guys careers are shortened because the make big hits - I wish idiots that don't know how to properly tackle would either learn how or GTFO out of the game. Your boy Clark has a history of this - he doesn't know how to tackle.

A bunch of people from ESPN said the hit was clean against a few saying the hit was dirty. Even if Clark would say that he purposly tackle helmet-to-helmet he wouldn't be fined becuase thats a legal tackling technique.

Who cares what you want?????

This is a freaking CLEVELAND BROWNS message board...open to the public (more or less...as is evidenced by your insignificant presence here).

If we want to argue on any thread YOU can't do anything about it.

You can easily type "I hope they're okay" and act all sanctimonious while you laugh with glee at your keyboard.

Now...go to hell you freaking loser squealer fan.

I ditto that sentiment!

A bunch of people from ESPN said the hit was clean against a few saying the hit was dirty. Even if Clark would say that he purposly tackle helmet-to-helmet he wouldn't be fined becuase thats a legal tackling technique.

Ah...backing off the video evidence because you've been pwn3d?

Upon further review, the tape validates that you are a LLLLUUSSSERRR.

If 'helmet to helmet' is a legal tackling technique, then why does the commissioners office hand out fines for it? Why is there a personal foul that CAN (and does) get called for it?

If 'helmet to helmet' is a legal tackling technique, then why does the commissioners office hand out fines for it? Why is there a personal foul that CAN (and does) get called for it?

Quit putting the "count" in "country". Who did Goodell fine for a helmet-to-helmet hit?

He led the hit with his shoulder, not his helmet. The helmet's did hit, but that was incidental.

Man, football noobs are the worst.

Regards

... an'at

Archived