THE BROWNS BOARD

I Hope They are BOTH Alright!

STONER STFU! don't sit there and play innocent, ask tommy maddox about how classy steelers can be or the lady who hit ben. all teams have fans that go over board but don't sit here and say classless Browns and classy steelers. any way STFU and get off the Browns board or I should say the Cardinals board, for the next two weeks. and go celebrate with your own fans.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The game announcers even said he was clearly shoulder-to-shoulder.

Simms said that at first, but corrected himself later. The NFL Network crew (Eisen, Deion, and Mooch) talked about it being "helmet to helmet" and Sanders said it was a legal hit. The hit was legal, even though it, most assuredly, was helmet to helmet.

-Al

All i have to say is that Willis was not laying motionless. He was moving his arms and his legs something that was confirmed several times by Phil Simms. The hit wasn't dirty and I'm not sure how anyone should make a tackle while running at full speed or near full speed. It was a helmet/shoulder combination and both guys went down. Guys just aren't throwing themselves around with reckless abandon, they do try and protect themselves and Clark determined that was the best way to make the tackle. A flag was not thrown and it won't be deemed a dirty hit now or a week from now.

You people are absolutely blind.

No, you're just bitter. Has ANYONE said the hit was dirty? Anyone? Any of the post game shows? the refs didn't throw a flag. It wasn't a dirty hit, it was the hit that happened. A dirty hit entails a malicious one and that hit was hardly malicious. The welker hit earlier in the year could be argued as dirty but this hit was legit, both players were shook up. Give it a rest.

No, you're just bitter. Has ANYONE said the hit was dirty? Anyone? Any of the post game shows? the refs didn't throw a flag. It wasn't a dirty hit, it was the hit that happened. A dirty hit entails a malicious one and that hit was hardly malicious. The welker hit earlier in the year could be argued as dirty but this hit was legit, both players were shook up. Give it a rest.

I'll reserve my judgment of the NFL when they are done handing out this week's fines.

-Al

No, you're just bitter.

No, you're blind.

I've said numerous times that I'd rather have the Steelers win 200 more Super Bowls before the Ravens win another, so it isn't bitterness talking.

The hit was fcuking dirty.

Funny, these are the same bunch of assholes who were complaining that McGinest's hit on Cocklickburger was dirty, and it was not even anything NEAR what this clown did. Funny, because all game I was saying about how Clark and that other beat-off they have are always taking shots at people. Sure enough....

Guest ATENEARS

I heard that once McGahee was wheeled into the tunnel that the Pittsburgh Medics left him there in the cold damp concourse, strapped to a board for 15-minutes, while they celebrated in a small office nearby.

He could be heard murmering, "Help ... please Help ... Please God, somebody help me!"

Funny, these are the same bunch of assholes who were complaining that McGinest's hit on Cocklickburger was dirty, and it was not even anything NEAR what this clown did. Funny, because all game I was saying about how Clark and that other beat-off they have are always taking shots at people. Sure enough....

That hit was clean..... Although Goodell fined Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley for similiar hits, to stay fair I figured he would be fined. Although it was completely clean.

Well, doesn't it correctly describe anyone who said or thought that?

No. God knows what you are thinking and what you typed. That is why he will make sure Kurt Warner wins. And it will be your fault.

Zombo

It was a clean hit while leading with his helmet. ........i meant a dirty hit.

who gives a crap! steelers suck balls and there fans wimper in the closet.

They even said helmet-to-helmet tackles are legal but you know more then people whose careers revolve around knowing everything about football...

If we suck what to the browns do?

I thought this was a browns board.. Why is every post about the Steelers?

Come on Browns, get a team and then get a life. The Steelers aren't your team.

Super Bowls are not for you, get used to it. being .500 is more your style.

They even said helmet-to-helmet tackles are legal but you know more then people whose careers revolve around knowing everything about football...

If we suck what to the browns do?

lets see played college ball and semi pro coached hs ball for a couple of years and have been asked to be the D-coordinator for the port city chargers semipro football team.

it was a poor decision for him to lower his head while tackling that is the first thing you teach em as young pups. the only reason one would lower and lead with there head while tackling is to use the helmet as a weapon. Its the risk he took as a cheapshot artist.

so kiss offyou stoolers suck up.

and the steelers will always suck!

lets see played college ball and semi pro coached hs ball for a couple of years and have been asked to be the D-coordinator for the port city chargers semipro football team.

it was a poor decision for him to lower his head while tackling that is the first thing you teach em as young pups. the only reason one would lower and lead with there head while tackling is to use the helmet as a weapon. Its the risk he took as a cheapshot artist.

so kiss offyou stoolers suck up.

and the steelers will always suck!

Its was a poor tackling technique but he did make the tackle and force a fumble.

Seems ESPN disagrees:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3843021

I'll bet the Commissioner does, too.

You don't want to argue because you're wrong. Stop trying to defend the indefensible, especially when there is video evidence.

Notice that no one has claimed it was a purposeful hit.

Its was a helmet-to-helmet hit but intial contact was shoulder-to-shoulder.

I hope repeating this 6 times is enough for you to finally understand...

Please don't accuse me of not wanting to argue becuase I was wrong. Please show mean when I said I don't want to argue at all about this. Please have fun doing so. I said that I will feel guilty arguing on this thread becuase it was intended to wish the both the best of luck. You purposely took my words out of context to lie about me. Please don't do that.

I would be surprised if Goodell did anything becuase after the game Harbaugh, Flacco, and Lewis all believed the hit was clean.

Yeah, so ESPN doesn't seem to disagree....

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2009, 2:30 p.m. EST

The Baltimore Ravens have announced that running back Willis McGahee has been released from a Pittsburgh hospital after spending the night there due to injuries suffered in Sunday’s AFC Championship.

“McGahee was released from Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh early this morning and returned immediately to Baltimore,” said Kevin Byrne, the Ravens’ senior V.P. of public and community relations. “He is resting at his home today. It is expected that Willis will have a complete recovery from the head and neck injuries he suffered last night.”

We reported last night that McGahee suffered a concussion, and that he is expected to be OK.

The veteran tailback, who suffered a nasty knee injury six years ago in the Fiesta Bowl, was flattened by Steelers safety Ryan Clark late in the fourth quarter of the Steelers’ 23-14 victory. Based on the replay angles aired in the wake of the collision, the hit looked clean.

Clark launched himself head first at McGahee, who seemed to instinctively duck his head into the contact. Though the helmet-to-helmet nature might have been inadvertent, the league typically frowns on players launching themselves helmet first at opponents.

--------------

Of course, you guys will insist he is lying becuase what he says doesn't make your disgruntled selves sleep better. The hit was clean!

"Clark launched himself head first at McGahee, who seemed to instinctively duck his head into the contact. Though the helmet-to-helmet nature might have been inadvertent, the league typically frowns on players launching themselves helmet first at opponents."

This is exactly what I was talking about. "Clark launched himself head first at McGahee. . . the league typically frowns on players launching themselves helmet first at opponents." My first post talked about this being exactly what I hate, is players launching themselves head first. The picture showed his arms at his sides, he wasn't trying to make a good form tackle, he was trying to make the big 'highlight' hit.

You said in another post that it was a clean hit, then turned around and said he will probably get fined by the NFL. The NFL doesn't make it a habit of fining clean hits.

Archived