THE BROWNS BOARD

I Hope They are BOTH Alright!

When Ben lies motionless on the field, you Browns fans love it. My first reaction, as a clasly Steelers fan, is to hope they are both alright.

-Clark is up and walking. Probably just a concusion.

-McGahee is still down. Although he is moving. Hopefully he just has what Ben has or in even better condition. Its has been reported he is moving and talking. He has servere neck pain. I pray its just a sprain or something not as servere. UPDATE: He checked out of the hospital. It was also reported that he would have been fine to play in the Super Bowl had the Ravens won.

Notice how the CLASSY STEELER FANS appluaded him when he was okay, and the fans yelling "good luck". What class compared to browns fans on this board cheering Bens injury and the Browns fans at the stadium cheering when Ryan Clark hurt himself when we were in Cleveland.

I can't believe no one noticed I spelled the title wrong. I had "I Hope They are BOTH All Right"! I just corrected it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, too, hope they're both alright. . . but I SERIOUSLY HATE when players lead with their helmet to the other player's head. It seems to happen more and more each game, and more and more players are getting serious concussion, neck injuries, paralysis. Yet they keep doing it. What is it, they don't know good tackling fundamentals, so they try to knock them out so they can't go anymore? It's dangerous for the players doing it, and it's even more dangerous for the players not expecting it. It's cheap, and they need to keep it under control before someone gets killed. I'm not picking on the Steelers, players around the league are doing it. Even Sean Jones and Brodney Pool (Pool keeps giving himself concussions by leading with his head).

I'm done venting. Way to ruin a good game.

I, too, hope they're both alright. . . but I SERIOUSLY HATE when players lead with their helmet to the other player's head. It seems to happen more and more each game, and more and more players are getting serious concussion, neck injuries, paralysis. Yet they keep doing it. What is it, they don't know good tackling fundamentals, so they try to knock them out so they can't go anymore? It's dangerous for the players doing it, and it's even more dangerous for the players not expecting it. It's cheap, and they need to keep it under control before someone gets killed. I'm not picking on the Steelers, players around the league are doing it. Even Sean Jones and Brodney Pool (Pool keeps giving himself concussions by leading with his head).

I'm done venting. Way to ruin a good game.

It was should-to-shoulder. There was helmet-to-helmet contact though. I do agree with you and I don't want to argue on this thread.

It was should-to-shoulder. There was helmet-to-helmet contact though. I do agree with you and I don't want to argue on this thread.

Shoulder to shoulder my arse. I dont know whether Clark meant to but it was helmet to helmet before anything else. Hopefully both ok obviously.

Who cares what you want?????

This is a freaking CLEVELAND BROWNS message board...open to the public (more or less...as is evidenced by your insignificant presence here).

If we want to argue on any thread YOU can't do anything about it.

You can easily type "I hope they're okay" and act all sanctimonious while you laugh with glee at your keyboard.

Now...go to hell you freaking loser squealer fan.

I don't want to arguing on this thread. It would have been sick to laugh.

That was helmet-to-helmet first.

They replayed it about 10 times and you still think that is shoulder to shoulder? Yeah, maybe if your head is now your shoulder.

Please rewatch the hit. The initial contact was should-to-shoulder. I feel its inapropriate to argue on this particular thread.

I just did on NFL Gameday. Clearly was helmet to helmet.

Clark did try to lead with his shoulder by turning his body, I don't believe he was intentionally trying to be dirty, but it was a helmet to helmet hit.

I'm glad you agree on the concept, but you've got to be kidding me on the 'shoulder to shoulder' deal.

Taken on my TV on pause. Note that McGahee's head is already leaning back (after contact), and the shoulders are just starting to touch. Regardless, he's leading with his head. Where are his arms? Certainly not making an effort to wrap up the ball-carrier, which would be the best thing to do. He's relying on his helmet (and shoulder) to make the tackle (or highlight film).

helmet.jpg

Please rewatch the hit. The initial contact was should-to-shoulder. I feel its inapropriate to argue on this particular thread.

Seems ESPN disagrees:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3843021

I'll bet the Commissioner does, too.

You don't want to argue because you're wrong. Stop trying to defend the indefensible, especially when there is video evidence.

Notice that no one has claimed it was a purposeful hit.

Dirty Dirty Squeelers. Always trying to get ahead by cheating. All of America outside of Pennsyltucky will be rooting for the Cardinals.

GO ARIZONA!

Doug

I heard a Steeler Fan yell. "I hope you Die!" while McGahee was entering the tunnel on a stretcher.

Stooler fans are the lowest form of life. Go Cardinals!

DWJ

sad people who have a crappy football team

Bro, you have been on a Cleveland Browns message board all day today, including during your AFCC game.

Talk about SAD.

Archived