THE BROWNS BOARD

Rapid Reaction

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Brandon Weeden and Pat Shurmur lost us this game.

Weeden's reads were terrible, he was late on throws and just didn't seem to be himself. I don't know if he was sick or injured, but he was not playing whole today. We can't afford to have bad QB play if we're not going to have good RB play.

Pat Shurmur has got to be removed. I understand that Haslam has said no changes will be made in season and he wants to be a man of his word, but Shurmur's complete ineptitude when it comes to game management has lost us multiple games this season. We don't have the talent all around or the discipline to be able to overcome sheer stupidity on the coaching front.

The Ravens also look bad. The fact that we were in this game despite having 0 touchdowns is a key indicator that Baltimore is slipping. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. But at the end of the day, they got the W and the Browns did not, and that's all that really matters.

Brandon Weeden and Pat Shurmur lost us this game.

Weeden's reads were terrible, he was late on throws and just didn't seem to be himself. I don't know if he was sick or injured, but he was not playing whole today. We can't afford to have bad QB play if we're not going to have good RB play.

Pat Shurmur has got to be removed. I understand that Haslam has said no changes will be made in season and he wants to be a man of his word, but Shurmur's complete ineptitude when it comes to game management has lost us multiple games this season. We don't have the talent all around or the discipline to be able to overcome sheer stupidity on the coaching front.

The Ravens also look bad. The fact that we were in this game despite having 0 touchdowns is a key indicator that Baltimore is slipping. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. But at the end of the day, they got the W and the Browns did not, and that's all that really matters.

Exactly. Cut Shurmur loose tonight and let the interim coach have an extra week. I don't care who, just get rid of Shurmur.

i will say whoever the the guy was calling the game was absolutely cutting weeden up about his hesitation and needing to make reads and throws faster. it quickly became his mantra for the game.

i will say whoever the the guy was calling the game was absolutely cutting weeden up about his hesitation and needing to make reads and throws faster. it quickly became his mantra for the game.

I don't even listen to the game because it's normally a laundry list of Cleveland faults. I put it on mute and turn on another game's audio.

But that wouldn't surprise me at all, Weeden was off today.

Haslem had another reaction to Shurmers play-calling today. I think it was after we got called for the illegal formation TD play, and then ran a draw on 3rd and 11.

Not to mention they called a TO and then threw a screen on 3rd down.

Exactly. Cut Shurmur loose tonight and let the interim coach have an extra week. I don't care who, just get rid of Shurmur.

I second that motion. The guy OBVIOUSLY can't call the plays and be head coach. Just watching this team have no urgency to start the game, have too many communication problems, and calling screens and draws on 3rd and long............FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that motion. The guy OBVIOUSLY can't call the plays and be head coach. Just watching this team have no urgency to start the game, have too many communication problems, and calling screens and draws on 3rd and long............FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and miss our opportunity to get the #1 Draft pick? No way! There is a reason Haslam still has Shurmur coaching.

If you think Haslam is playing for the first draft pick, you don't know much about our new owner..

Plus Romeo is gonna get that pick for KC

Shurmur & his entire staff MUST go. Jauron's vaunted D has now staked the opponent to 14-0 leads on their 1st 2 possessions TWICE!

That's a lot to expect a rookie QB led team to overcome. Then, that rookie QB has to fall victim to the inept play calling & game management.

This Brown's Team has some nice talent, but they may be the WEAKEST, from a fundamental standpoint, in my memory. THAT is coaching. I don't care that these are Pro athletes, when fundamentals slip (or are non-existent as it often appears), loosing happens.

I'll give Weeden a pass. He's a rookie who was slightly dinged up & he'll make rookie mistakes...not good when Ed Reed is on the other side.

At this point, I feel the ONLY two things preventing total Fan apathy are 1) Our passionate new owner & 2) a good deal of talent simply waiting for REAL leadership.

Mike

We have six seconds to run a play for the end zone. We kick the field goal. We have the timeout if its incomplete. I've only been watching the nfl for about 20 years, but I thought that was enough time to take a shot, and shurmer played like a pussy. Someone please tell me I'm wrong so I can let it go

We have six seconds to run a play for the end zone. We kick the field goal. We have the timeout if its incomplete. I've only been watching the nfl for about 20 years, but I thought that was enough time to take a shot, and shurmer played like a pussy. Someone please tell me I'm wrong so I can let it go

you are not wrong. Also against Indy he punts on 4th and 1 in Indy territory, and then goes for it on 4th and 2 in his OWN territory, basiclly giving the Ravens a free FG to put the game out of reach.

FIRE SHURMER NOW!!!!!!!!!

Bring back Mangenius. He got done dirty by the Walrus.

I agree... biggest mistake this Browns team has made. Manginin would have us competing and looking like a pro tea,,, Walrus sucks for screwing that up!

Stop Bitching already!!!! For Christ sakes we got to see our vaunted Reverse again. We get to see it once a game. What more can you ask for!!!!!!

Weeden did suck today

TRich was beast today

defense was great, except for 3 drives, so happens those three drives won the game

facts are facts As much as I hate the Ravens they are better than us, not bye much but still better

QB Ravens

RB Even

WR Ravens

Oline Even

Special Teams Even

Defense front 7 Even

Defense Backs Even

They win because of Flaco is better than Weeden and there Wide outs our better than ours...

Stop Bitching already!!!! For Christ sakes we got to see our vaunted Reverse again. We get to see it once a game. What more can you ask for!!!!!!

Weeden did suck today

TRich was beast today

defense was great, except for 3 drives, so happens those three drives won the game

facts are facts As much as I hate the Ravens they are better than us, not bye much but still better

QB Ravens

RB Even

WR Ravens

Oline Even

Special Teams Even

Defense front 7 Even

Defense Backs Even

They win because of Flaco is better than Weeden and there Wide outs our better than ours...

and their coach is WAY WAY WAY better then ours

Suffice it to say that after we lose to the Ratbirds after mounting a comeback I am p.o.'d and in a foul mood. But then, I see on my tv the Browns players taking off their helmets and smiling and acting like it was social hour after the game with the Ravens. Do these guys not care that they are losers? What the hell is going on with this team? I hate to lose, and when I do, I am not all smiles and laughing and carrying on like it is no big deal. I am not saying to disrespect their opponents after the game, but for shit's sake, have some pride in yourself and don't take losing lightly. I am sick of these candy ass Browns teams with no heart.

My point is that the Browns players take losing with a grain of salt and that is awful. You would never see Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant hugging everyone after getting beat on their home courts (and they play 82 games a season). There are winners and there are losers, and winners don't act like the Browns did after a home loss like that. Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Do you think that the Raven's would be smiling and hugging the Browns if we embarrassed them in their home stadium? I bet not.

^^these guys are friends first, enemies on the field second. I miss the old 80's rivalries in the NBA and wish today's NFL was like that. You'd never see Bird and Jordon yacking it up smiling like they're making plans to go f each other after the game.

If you think Haslam is playing for the first draft pick, you don't know much about our new owner..

Right. Besides, there is no clear #1 player to be had like last year. (Andrew Luck). I am not even sure if there is a consensus on who the Top 5 may be. Plus, those in the Top 5 may not be at positions the Browns are looking for. They may be QBs or DTs. The Browns will probably need a DE, OLB, CB or FS. The best of those don't come into play until like picks 5-10, where the Browns may end up.

KC and Jax will go #1 and 2. And face it, the Browns are only 1 game behind in the standing to the likes of Dallas, Washington, Oakland....and they play them all near the end of this season.

Archived