THE BROWNS BOARD

Owners Approve Sale To Haslam

brownsfan1980

The sale of the Cleveland Browns has officially been approved by NFL heads.

http://news.yahoo.com/browns-sale-haslam-approved-Pussy-leave-165215348--nfl.html

The American football league governing body voted 32-0 on Tuesday to approve a deal which will see buisnessman Jimmy Haslam take full control.

Lerner inherited ownership of the Browns franchise 10 years ago this month, following the death of his father Al.

It is as yet unclear whether the New-York born entrepreneur plans to now invest the money back into the Midlands club, which he purchased in 2006.

Recent reports have denied suggestions that Lerner is looking to also pull out of Villa.

Congratulations to Jimmy Haslam. This lifelong Browns fan is looking forward to better days ahead!

The sale of the Cleveland Browns has officially been approved by NFL heads.

http://news.yahoo.com/browns-sale-haslam-approved-Pussy-leave-165215348--nfl.html

The American football league governing body voted 32-0 on Tuesday to approve a deal which will see buisnessman Jimmy Haslam take full control.

Wouldn't that be "The National Football League"?

Lerner inherited ownership of the Browns franchise 10 years ago this month, following the death of his father Al.

It is as yet unclear whether the New-York born entrepreneur plans to now invest the money back into the Midlands club, which he purchased in 2006.

Recent reports have denied suggestions that Lerner is looking to also pull out of Villa.

Congratulations to Jimmy Haslam. This lifelong Browns fan is looking forward to better days ahead!

Well, I say this about Randy: It is fine that you gave the effort. If your heart wasn't with the football team, so be it.

Now put your money where your heart is: Take a chunk of the cash you are getting and buy an MLS expansion franchise for Cleveland. And build a soccer dedicated stadium.

Now, I am not a soccer fan. But I do think it would be good for this area to have an MLS team. I wish we could have an NHL team, but that is not likely.

The well heeled Lerner should do what feels right for him, and this could be it.

I just got back from the Marriott in Chicago. I got to meet and shake the hands of Mr. Haslem, Vic Caruicci, Jim Donovan, Tony Grossi, and several others that came by, shocked to see a fan at the Fall League Meetings, most curoious how I got passed security. All were incredibly nice guys. Jimmy Haslem shook my hand and patted me on the back, happy to see my #32 Jim Brown jersey as he walked by towards the podium before he addressed the media.

I'm so excited about this guy taking over. I just had to go and be a part if it in person. I truly believe today is the day we get our team back. It's gonna be bumpy still, but winning doesn't come easy. And after shaking his hand, I know Jimmy's got the work ethic to make this happen.

Why does "an MLS" sound wrong but "an NHL" sound right? :lol:

I don't think anyone would go see soccer in Cleveland, NHL would be cool, why do you think it's unlikely?

Because of the team in Columbus which is too close to Cleveland for them. The NHL likes "one horse towns" like that. The NBA does too. (think OKC, Salt Lake, Memphis, Sacramento, San Antonio, etc. etc)

Plus, there were two NHL teams here already (Crusaders/Barons) and they didn't stick.

Archived