THE BROWNS BOARD

Fujita Done?

philbert79

Sad for him. Class act (other than the whole bounty thing I guess).

As a fan of this team, I will not miss him. He has done nothing for this team since coming over other than bringing leadership which, honestly, I don't see him as the right type of leader for this team. He does not play with intensity, and I will be glad to watch JMJ, Fort, and Robertson.

Fujita's career has been over for a while as far as i have been concerned and we have better fresher talent wasting on the sideline in both JmJ and this craig robertson guy that just keeps making his presence felt everytime he gets on the field..

Sheldon brown on the otherhand has lost a step but is still clearly our second best CB fujita is honestly no longer the best option at LB for the browns and hasnt been for 2 years..

Scott fujita has been inconsistent at best against the run and is usually easily manhandled and often taken out of plays on the edge by a single 200 lb WR or absolutely bulldozed by a RB or TE....

Gocong is another weakness on the other side that needs to call it a career..

He's a great guy, a good leader and a fundamentally sound player, but he's just a step too slow for our defense, I think we are better off with a younger guy in his position moving forward anyway.

Zombo

Yes, time to move on from Fujita. We have some rookies that can easily replace him, I believe. Primarily JMJ. Too bad Emmanuel Acho got hurt and is out for the year. I would have liked to see how he would have done.

Even with JMJ/Fort/Robertson I think OLB has to be a priority for the Browns in the next draft

.....or, dare I say it....in Free Agency?

Now that the Big Kahuna of Flying Js is in place...Jimmy Haslam, this team may actually look for some FA talent.

Yes, time to move on from Fujita. We have some rookies that can easily replace him, I believe. Primarily JMJ. Too bad Emmanuel Acho got hurt and is out for the year. I would have liked to see how he would have done.

Even with JMJ/Fort/Robertson I think OLB has to be a priority for the Browns in the next draft

.....or, dare I say it....in Free Agency?

Now that the Big Kahuna of Flying Js is in place...Jimmy Haslam, this team may actually look for some FA talent.

I really want to see LJ Fort on the field more. I believe that besides DQ, he's our best LB on the team.

I will really miss him. This is him and I last year at a charity event. One of the most well spoken and whole hearted players I have ever met.

Did he talk about coaching after his playing days were over?

He's a great guy, a good leader and a fundamentally sound player, but he's just a step too slow for our defense, I think we are better off with a younger guy in his position moving forward anyway.

Zombo

Sad, but true, Z...

As I've posted before, he was the on-field glue that made Rob Ryan's D work, but that was a couple years ago and guile will only add so much time to your career.

I really want to see LJ Fort on the field more. I believe that besides DQ, he's our best LB on the team.

You're forgetting Robertson... see my thread...

Archived