THE BROWNS BOARD

Whoever The Best Cb Is In Next Draft...take Him

Soju

Going into next year with this lame bunch of scrub DBs is UNacceptable. They are costing us games every week.

We need a guy opposite Hayden, and given this is now a passing league, we need to solidify that part of the defense even more.

Skrine can get the F*CK out of Cleveland and take that chump piece of garbage Patterson with him.

No.

You don't spend a 1st round pick on a 2nd corner. You can find a solid 2nd corner in the 3rd round, you spend 1st round picks on premier players.

Corners can be premier players what are you talking about?

Corners can be premier players what are you talking about?

I'm not saying they can't be, but really you spend a high pick on a 2nd CB when you have holes in positions where you have no one. 2nd CB's can be 3rd/4th round picks, FA signings etc.

I'm not ok with spending that high of a pick. We need an elite pass rusher or a QB.

I'm not saying they can't be, but really you spend a high pick on a 2nd CB when you have holes in positions where you have no one. 2nd CB's can be 3rd/4th round picks, FA signings etc.

I'm not ok with spending that high of a pick. We need an elite pass rusher or a QB.

There's just too many holes to fill on this defense. The offense I believe is on the cusp with a little more experience and ONE elite WR>

The defense on the other hand has holes top to bottom.

we have enough young WR that we really don't need to draft another or 5 years...they are open all the time...Weedy just needs to slow the tempo down... i hate the way the tempo is...this has got to be the most boring browns team in 15 year. CB OR DL all the way actually wouldn't mind the first 5 picks being defense....I have a feeling we will also be picking up a kicker...Haslam is a business man and paying a kicker like dawson on losing team makes no sense at all.. who cares if we are in a close game...all these field goals are hiding the fact that our team SUCKS worse than it has in a long long time...in fact i have no hope this year at all.

chillax. Even if Haden was there we lose the game. AS much as I enjoyed watching our offense score touchdowns, let us not forget that we dont have anywhere near the same talent level as the Giants. Patterson was not doing anything impressive either. We need to deal with the fact that we got trashed by a better team.

No.

You don't spend a 1st round pick on a 2nd corner. You can find a solid 2nd corner in the 3rd round, you spend 1st round picks on premier players.

Agree-ish...

I say no as well, but because you build a D same way you build a baseball team... up the middle.

I like our DT's...

DQ has played his ass off, but he's not a run stopper... and once again, he's injured. Draft a quality MLB and move DQ to the edge. You'll be glad you did.

I'm not completely sold on TJ, but SS can wait. FS has to be a priority. Young just is not going to cut it.

no comment.

see my pre-draft posts.

IIRC there was an LSU player you favored... what was his name? ;)

Hell... see my mock draft, where I added D through round 3... and did not even include your guy.

we have enough young WR that we really don't need to draft another or 5 years...they are open all the time...Weedy just needs to slow the tempo down...

Summoning my best John McEnroe...

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!

this has got to be the most boring browns team in 15 year.

You can't be serious? Trent Richardson alone makes this offense more exciting than anything we've seen since 99. This team is far more exciting than the constant 12 point scoring "outbursts" of the Colt McCoy offense.

There is some talent on this team. Not enough yet and I think they're also poorly coached and the play calling is atrocious. We need defensive help in a bad way. A playmaking linebacker would be a nice change of pace.

You can't be serious? Trent Richardson alone makes this offense more exciting than anything we've seen since 99. This team is far more exciting than the constant 12 point scoring "outbursts" of the Colt McCoy offense.

There is some talent on this team. Not enough yet and I think they're also poorly coached and the play calling is atrocious. We need defensive help in a bad way. A playmaking linebacker would be a nice change of pace.

So would a DE who brings consistent pressure from the edge.

No.

It would help a lot if they could get some pressure on the QB. Where has Jaball Sheard been?

The DO need DB help, certainly. There is nothing wrong with having a Dixon and a Minniefield, a Haynes and a Hayes.

But their LB corps is probably sorrier than the DB corps at this point.

Pretty sure we will be getting terrible value on a CB if we take them where we will end up pick, top-5. That said, I think with our first rounder we take

Geno Smith (new regime, new QB) - though I am not sure I agree that we should be taking a QB or not...

DE - Should be a lot of good DEs in this years draft. Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo,

WR - Keenan Allen is big and fast with good hands.

I don't think there will be any other player or position that will be worth us using as high of a pick on. The OL coming out this year isn't very good, and though the CBs should be decent, I don't know if it would be a good move taking any of them before like the 15th pick.

The way it stands we will have the #1 pick and if Geno Smith keeps playing the way he is theres no way you can pass on him unless Weeden picks it up and proves he is legit...

Theres only two things we can do next year Take Geno Smith or Trade to a team trying to sell the farm to get him, the question is who would be the team willing to pay a Redskin type offer and do we take it and pass up an RG3 type prospect???

Or it will be another day in the sad life of a Browns fan and we end up with the 2nd pick, i had a dream the other day i saw Geno Smith in a Jags uniform dono what to think of that...

Archived