THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers talk rivalry

BOSSY

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e2a8f4

The Browns faded into a non-factor a long time ago. Pretending that the Browns are a rivalry is disingenuous. It is who wants to win more and who has the mettle and record to be recognized.

The only teams in the AFC North worth discussing are the Steelers and Ravens.

The ratings will go through the roof (Baltimore / Pittsburgh) People like to watch winners and underdogs do amazing things, Cleveland Browns are old news and boring predictable losers.

I hate the Ravens but respect them because they are good and they give it their best shot. The Browns? It is sort of a pity party for them. They just can't get it right, season after season.

The Browns want respect? Well try earning it... You are not a rivalry any more.

Why are you here, if the Browns are no longer a rivalry?

the STEELER~BROWNS Rivalry will ALWAYS BE a Rivalry. Because HISTORY still means something. Yes Cleveland is down and out. And has been that way longer than a normal Bad stretch. But they will arise from the Ashes in the Future and ALL the Hatred will Ignite , and the thing will Blow up ! I respct the Browns , because i was raised to Hate the Browns not to Disrespect them. The Rivalry lives. The Intensity is down ... it just needs a Spark. (MAngini ??)

onething to always think about what if shitzburgh moved there team to ratbirds. Then the talk right now would be how the rivalry would not exist and be talking this crap too...No matter what any team that starts out new, totally new takes sometime. The other expansion teams out there houston, jacksonville, and carolina. Carolina made it all the way, because they bought a team and everyone knows when you buy a team (take note jerry jones) it doesn't work. I am the one that always think build a team to go at it more than just one year! I think the browns time will come and all this rivalry stuff will be forgotten. I have a lot of friends who where browns fans that they just gave up, and now our steelers fan, because of tuthlessburger being from ohio and some other players from ohio or played at ohio state. I think thats another thing that hurt this team because when cleveland moved to ratbirds and we did not have a team for a while. I know alot of guys jumped to find a team to hope for some picked dolphins, raiders, lions ( I have no understanding on that one), and steelers! I think someone need to do some searching and see who people hoped for and cheered on during the browns absent from the nfl. I personally was cheering the dolphins, because i could not stomach cheering on the shitzburgh....

onething to always think about what if shitzburgh moved there team to ratbirds. Then the talk right now would be how the rivalry would not exist and be talking this crap too...No matter what any team that starts out new, totally new takes sometime. The other expansion teams out there houston, jacksonville, and carolina. Carolina made it all the way, because they bought a team and everyone knows when you buy a team (take note jerry jones) it doesn't work. I am the one that always think build a team to go at it more than just one year! I think the browns time will come and all this rivalry stuff will be forgotten. I have a lot of friends who where browns fans that they just gave up, and now our steelers fan, because of tuthlessburger being from ohio and some other players from ohio or played at ohio state. I think thats another thing that hurt this team because when cleveland moved to ratbirds and we did not have a team for a while. I know alot of guys jumped to find a team to hope for some picked dolphins, raiders, lions ( I have no understanding on that one), and steelers! I think someone need to do some searching and see who people hoped for and cheered on during the browns absent from the nfl. I personally was cheering the dolphins, because i could not stomach cheering on the shitzburgh....

You my friend or foe are a true fan. If the shoe were on the other foot and I lost my team, I'd be damned if I would have chosen the Browns as my new team, regardless of the state and/or college some of the players were from and/or played for.

The rivalry will forever live on in my heart. Hating the Browns is one of the main reasons I love the NFL. I want the Browns to win every game for the next 5 seasons, except for a certain 2 each year, just so the rivalry will burn out of control, like it once did in the decades of old.

the STEELER~BROWNS Rivalry will ALWAYS BE a Rivalry. Because HISTORY still means something. Yes Cleveland is down and out. And has been that way longer than a normal Bad stretch. But they will arise from the Ashes in the Future and ALL the Hatred will Ignite , and the thing will Blow up ! I respct the Browns , because i was raised to Hate the Browns not to Disrespect them. The Rivalry lives. The Intensity is down ... it just needs a Spark. (MAngini ??)

GOOD post. I think free agency in the modern era of sports diminishes rivalries to an extent when a Rod Woodson goes and plays for the Baltimore Ravens or an Earl Holmes and Orpheus Roye leaves Pittsburgh for a couple more digits in Cleveland. In baseball there's Red Sox becoming Yankees and Yankees becoming Red Sox leaving the rivalry between the fan bases.

One thing I WILL say is that Pittsburgh has cherished the draft over the years so guys grow up in the league with more of a connection to the local fanbase and vice versa. Baltimore is similar (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, T-Suggs, McClain, Flacco are draftees).

Unfortunately, the Cleveland Browns have remained over-reliant on free agency so many of the guys coming here care more about the game checks than calling Cleveland their NFL home and connecting with the fanbase. It's also wreaked havoc on continuity and capanomics. There's a couple exceptions to that staement and some of those were local Ohio kids (JJ and Bentley) - others were Steinbach and Rogers wanting to prove their value and commitment to a team and it's fans. I'd probably like free agency better if we found more Steinbachs and Rogers types who actually justified their cap commitments. Last but not least, free agency means severe overpayment to guys like Jason Fisk, Kevin Shaffer, Joe Andruzzi, Antwan Peek, and Gary Baxter (3rd highest paid player on our team and it's not like he came to us with a Deion Sanders resume).

If our soon-to-be GM is deeper than previous lip services, we're in business to make this more of a rivalry between the players. I'm being honest when I say I haven't found guys I connect with today the way I did so with Ozzie Newsome, Clay Matthews, Greg Pruitt, Mike Johnson, Hanford Dixon, Brian Sipe, Ernest Byner, Jerry Sherk and even EDDIE Johnson for that matter. I'm TRYING to but when I hear our cap isn't healthy and we're stuck on pause averaging 4-5 wins a year, faith that HISTORY will be restored is my biggest bond. I actually LIKE seeing Lerner's sincerity to better the situation. If we're being honest, the Rooneys had a similar start until they looked to a Paul brown pupil to put them on the NFL map. We've come full circle to Lerner trying to hire the RIGHT guy. Perseverance works better than sticking your head between your legs and wussing out. Tell Angelina Ghoo-lie his former friends say hello on your message boards.

- Tom F.

I have trashed you on some of your posts before, but this honestly is a good and true post, I hate the Steelers, just because thats how I was raised, but that doesn't mean Im going to be an idiot and say you guys suck, because you don't. I honestly still think its a rivalry with the players as well, whether we are good or not or whether you guys are good or not.....I think the fans make it a huge rivalry too, because thats just how most of us were raised.

Whoa, best post you've ever made on here by far.

I mean that.

And here I thought every stooler fan grew up ignorant of what the rivalry means.

It has been in the doldrums for quite some time, of that we are all aware, but it's still there, laying dormant, waiting like you said for the spark.

I've said this before but we were saying the same shit about you guys in the 80's. Yes the whole decade much like the 00's

We are nearing the end of that cycle.

Cant say i disagree with you...We were abismal in the 80`s. You guys will Arise... THEN the League will SEE Again what a RIVALRY can be !

GOOD post. I think free agency in the modern era of sports diminishes rivalries to an extent when a Rod Woodson goes and plays for the Baltimore Ravens or an Earl Holmes and Orpheus Roye leaves Pittsburgh for a couple more digits in Cleveland. In baseball there's Red Sox becoming Yankees and Yankees becoming Red Sox leaving the rivalry between the fan bases.

One thing I WILL say is that Pittsburgh has cherished the draft over the years so guys grow up in the league with more of a connection to the local fanbase and vice versa. Baltimore is similar (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, T-Suggs, McClain, Flacco are draftees).

Unfortunately, the Cleveland Browns have remained over-reliant on free agency so many of the guys coming here care more about the game checks than calling Cleveland their NFL home and connecting with the fanbase. It's also wreaked havoc on continuity and capanomics. There's a couple exceptions to that staement and some of those were local Ohio kids (JJ and Bentley) - others were Steinbach and Rogers wanting to prove their value and commitment to a team and it's fans. I'd probably like free agency better if we found more Steinbachs and Rogers types who actually justified their cap commitments. Last but not least, free agency means severe overpayment to guys like Jason Fisk, Kevin Shaffer, Joe Andruzzi, Antwan Peek, and Gary Baxter (3rd highest paid player on our team and it's not like he came to us with a Deion Sanders resume).

If our soon-to-be GM is deeper than previous lip services, we're in business to make this more of a rivalry between the players. I'm being honest when I say I haven't found guys I connect with today the way I did so with Ozzie Newsome, Clay Matthews, Greg Pruitt, Mike Johnson, Hanford Dixon, Brian Sipe, Ernest Byner, Jerry Sherk and even EDDIE Johnson for that matter. I'm TRYING to but when I hear our cap isn't healthy and we're stuck on pause averaging 4-5 wins a year, faith that HISTORY will be restored is my biggest bond. I actually LIKE seeing Lerner's sincerity to better the situation. If we're being honest, the Rooneys had a similar start until they looked to a Paul brown pupil to put them on the NFL map. We've come full circle to Lerner trying to hire the RIGHT guy. Perseverance works better than sticking your head between your legs and wussing out. Tell Angelina Ghoo-lie his former friends say hello on your message boards.

- Tom F.

Very Good...agree .

I have trashed you on some of your posts before, but this honestly is a good and true post, I hate the Steelers, just because thats how I was raised, but that doesn't mean Im going to be an idiot and say you guys suck, because you don't. I honestly still think its a rivalry with the players as well, whether we are good or not or whether you guys are good or not.....I think the fans make it a huge rivalry too, because thats just how most of us were raised.

I have way too many Browns Fans as Friends to Disrespect you guys. I have been goaded into Picking at you on occasion. But I honestly believe the Browns deserve our respect...it is a Blood and Guts rivalry. A Backyard type of atmosphere. the History is RICH and the Future has better chapters ahead. I Believe that too.

well I'll side with Mike Tomlin and the Steeler players when they say that in order to be a rivalry it has to be competitive. And the Browns are not competitive therefore it cannot be a rivalry.

Who would people rather see right now? Raven/Steelers or Browns/Steelers? I can tell you in is the former and any television network would agree with me.

well I'll side with Mike Tomlin and the Steeler players when they say that in order to be a rivalry it has to be competitive. And the Browns are not competitive therefore it cannot be a rivalry.

Who would people rather see right now? Raven/Steelers or Browns/Steelers? I can tell you in is the former and any television network would agree with me.

Then you are a NEW Fan...If you a Young dude thats fine. You just need educated. If you are a Veteran Fan say in you 30`s or more ...Then your ignorant. Sorry an its all pretty cut and dry.

Then you are a NEW Fan...If you a Young dude thats fine. You just need educated. If you are a Veteran Fan say in you 30`s or more ...Then your ignorant. Sorry an its all pretty cut and dry.

Once again it's clear to see an ignorant stooler troll vs a great true steeler fan.

Wussy - you need to grow up and get a clue son.

Are you THAT clueless that you post on the Browns site that this isn't a rivalry? Unbelievable....

Squintz, I think you quoted the wrong person, FreakofSteel was getting on Bitchy , ooops i ment Bossy!

Its just ridiculous...You guys know me I DONT pull punches with Browns fan. Please , I aint listening to a Steeler "FAN" Say the Browns aint our Rival. As soon as our Schedule comes out the first thin I do is Find the Cleveland games and Circle them. Cant wait ...EVERY Year. And Every year now... I worry that THIS might be the Game they beat us.... I do. It matters to ANY REAL STEELER FAN. If it doesn't then i have to Wonder what level of commitment they have to the Steelers.

Squintz, I think you quoted the wrong person, FreakofSteel was getting on Bitchy , ooops i ment Bossy!

My bad if my intentions were ill-written. I quoted Freak because of what he wrote about Wussy (my term for bitchy or bossy or loser).

I was referring to Freak as being a true great steeler fan.

Archived