THE BROWNS BOARD

Yesterday Shut Up All The Weeden Haters

Horn of Lake Erie

with colt as our starter, we would be 0-4 and seneca wallace would be our starter because colt would of gotten destroyed week one vs the eagles.

people here are so delusional. just as delusional as anyone who thinks that MATT BARKLEY is the answer.

You were prolly the same guys pissed we traded down and didnt draft matt sanchez.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeden still underthrows short routes, overthrows long routes, and releases the ball crazy slow.

I'd rather have a young QB with tools to develop than have to deal with Weeden's inconsistency.

OK start your own team and trade for McCoy and have at it. I can't tell you if Weeden will be a franchise QB or an elite QB, but I can tell you, he is and always will be a better QB than Colt McCoy. Why some of you can't accept the obvious is mind boggling.

well if you can't get 300 yards (320 actually) when you throw 52 times, you gotta really suck.

btw, why did we throw the fucking ball 52 times??

Stack the box, stopping the running game, and forcing Weedon to beat you is the defensive stategy when facing the Browns.

Having the worst receivers in the game makes it easy for opponents to defend against the Browns. Weedon has got the gun

excellent pocket presence, and confidence in his abilities to make the vertical timming passes but nobody who

make consistant catches. Hope his psyche isn't ruined this season as he tries to captain a rudderless ship.

Look for TR's reps to diminish, also, as the running game continues

to hit a brick wall. The only out I see if somehow one of the current Browns receivers/tight ends suddenly establishes a

chemistry with Weedon and starts making some fkucing plays.

i think most people will agree our top 2 qbs are 2 different entities. one is a high risk gunslinger. the other is a low risk scrambling dump off passer. i can't see anything consistent with this offensive system and playcalling since shurmur (actually mike holmgren's puppet) took over as HC. there is no consistency, rhyme or reason to it. is it supposed to be a WCO? are we ground and pound? i mean WTF?

maybe if it was spelled out by the higherups someone could actually render a relevant argument as to why they think 'their' qb is better suited for the job than the other.

right now it makes no difference to me because no one can catch the fucking ball anyways. i say instead of throwing the ball 52 times how about run the freakin ball 52 times. weeden does have the better arm but that's about it. all the other intangibles stack up on mccoy's side. but hey who am i? all i hope for is weeden to stop staring down the receivers, put the ball where only our guy can catch (ah hem) it and show some spark out there. GODFUCKINGDAMNIT!!!

OK start your own team and trade for McCoy and have at it. I can't tell you if Weeden will be a franchise QB or an elite QB, but I can tell you, he is and always will be a better QB than Colt McCoy. Why some of you can't accept the obvious is mind boggling.

Hey runyon. you like that, HE STILL DOES THIS AND THAT. after FOUR WHOLE GAMES. FOUR lol

That doesn't matter at all. We shouldn't of drafted any QB, we should of added talent to this team and not tried to skip a couple steps by drafting a 28 year old QB.

We should've waited a year, let McCoy's contract run out, then picked a young, High-ceiling QB.

The fact that he's turning 29 and is a rookie does matter, less time for improvement. This guy doesn't have 2-3 years to develop, he has to get really good, really soon. And he's nowhere near that. He's not making the easy throws consistently yet, which is scary.

I don't think McCoy would have us at 4-0 or some DE would have us 4-0. We are lacking talent in so many places and we wasted a pick on a QB who is set up to fail.

What's done is done. The reality is that Weeden is our QB, and any people griping about McCoy or Barkley clearly have nothing better to do with their lives.

Miktoxic, you do make a valid point about the 52 throws. I have a problem, however, with the fact that Shurmur wants to have Weeden throw the ball that many times. Didn't we get some guy with the third pick in the draft?

Lol, last year we were one TD a game away from being 9-6-1. Colt had us in a lot of games, it's not like we were getting blown out, it's that our defense always got gassed in the 4th quarter and we had no one on offense to make a play consistently.

And we're a touchdown away in each game from being 3-1 this year under Weeden.

I haven't seen us get blown out this year. In fact, our team has looked better under Weeden than it ever did under Colt.

What is your point again?

Disagree. We'd be 2-2. But the bright side is that Weeden is driving us toward a higher draft position.

roach (according to mnay of the knuckleheads here, if you're not going to win the Superbowl, you should try to finish 0-16).

Besides the Eagles game..which other game do you think we win with Colt?

I haven't seen us get blown out this year. In fact, our team has looked better under Weeden than it ever did under Colt.

we get it. yeah weeden is the qb. every true fan will support him. BUT you can't dismiss other fan's points of view.

you say we haven't got blown out this year?

what about when mangini was coaching with colt as a rookie?

we lost 6 games by 3 points or less.

so what's your point again?

we get it. yeah weeden is the qb. every true fan will support him. BUT you can't dismiss other fan's points of view.

That's my exact point. It seems the only argument for Colt is that we were a touchdown away in a lot of games.

Well, we are a touchdown away in most of Weeden's games.

So what's the argument for Colt again? He's a leader? He's smarter?

Weeden got a 27 on his Wonderlic compared to McCoy's 25.

There is no valid argument for Colt supporters that can't be shot down by actual facts.

Look all I am going to say is this. We are 0 and 4. We fucking suck. I don't give to flying fucks about it is only his 4th fucking game. Give me a break. I am sick of the same bullshit that we are to new. We will have a new coach next year and a new qb the year after. This is a never ending spin.

that was done with a bunch of tricks and gimmicks. Like the fake punt, and stupid stuff like that. also the defense played OUT of its mind that year...

that was done with a bunch of tricks and gimmicks. Like the fake punt, and stupid stuff like that. also the defense played OUT of its mind that year...

The games that we used those trick plays and fake punts, WE WON. But are you saying Colt didn't help us win those games>? Come on man. I am sure you are a die hard fan to But we need to quit this rebuild bullshit every other year. And we get the same crap "it's only his first NFL year calm down" Fuck that. If I had my way I would start by cutting every player we have start all over and give them 3 full years. This crap like getting a rookie qb and have him 2 new coaches and systems every year needs to go.

The games that we used those trick plays and fake punts, WE WON. But are you saying Colt didn't help us win those games>? Come on man. I am sure you are a die hard fan to But we need to quit this rebuild bullshit every other year. And we get the same crap "it's only his first NFL year calm down" Fuck that. If I had my way I would start by cutting every player we have start all over and give them 3 full years. This crap like getting a rookie qb and have him 2 new coaches and systems every year needs to go.

So let me get this straight. You believe that "we need to quit this rebuild bullshit every other year".

And in order to do that, you will "start by cutting every player we have" and "start all over".

Got it.

So let me get this straight. You believe that "we need to quit this rebuild bullshit every other year".

And in order to do that, you will "start by cutting every player we have" and "start all over".

Got it.

You got nothing. When I am going to rebuild, I would start from scratch. The only half way player we have is Phil Dawson. Cribbs, has not done much a B- back up at best. Jackson would be a ok on punt coverage. Other than that we have nobody. We couldn't even get a warm cup of piss for Greg Little, Mo mass would not be a starter on any other NFL team.

i think heckert has given us a solid foundation to build off of.

i'd just like to know what we are trying to build as the team's system. we know the defense jauron runs. what the hell is our offensive stradegy?

our first round picks can lead us to a bright future. but will it be on the arm of weeden or the legs of TR?

52 pass attempts tells me one thing. let's just hope we can get it to a more even like 30 pass attempts and 30 rushing attempts. only thing preventing the latter is our WEAK OL play. (get it ghoolie and rich?)

You Colt apologists need to go back and watch the 2011 season to remind yourself of how inept McCoy was.

Constant dinking and dunking because he did not have the balls and/or arm strength to get the ball more than 10 yards with any kind of velocity on it.

Endless drama every time his scrawny ass takes a hit with the closeups of him grimacing in pain.

Panic's in the pocket at the sign of any kind of pressure.

Weeden showed against the Ravens that even though he's a less mobile quarterback he was able to stay calm in the pocket under pressure step up and deliver strikes.

People want to cheer for Colt because he's an undersized underdog type with the good ol' boy aw shucks personality and are hanging on to the 4th and 6th he completed to Moore vs Revis against the Jets in 2010.

This is the NFL the overwhelming majority of games are close.

Just as we could of won some close games we could of just as easily lost them.

The refs blew the Seattle game and if not for Del Rio being clueless the Jags should of won, so your argument goes both ways.

I'm not sold on Weeden yet but so far you have to like what you see.

He shows franchise QB potential while Colt was a game manager at best.

You got nothing. When I am going to rebuild, I would start from scratch. The only half way player we have is Phil Dawson. Cribbs, has not done much a B- back up at best. Jackson would be a ok on punt coverage. Other than that we have nobody. We couldn't even get a warm cup of piss for Greg Little, Mo mass would not be a starter on any other NFL team.

Thankfully, you aren't in charge.

Sure, let's just ditch Joe Thomas, T-Rich, & Haden. Think before you post.

Of course, let's write off Weeden, Benjamin, Gordon, and Schwartz after 4 games while we're at it.

I've said so many times that I'm not that invested in McCoy, I just wanted to let his contract run out and grab talent at other positions rather than reaching for a QB who isn't even a 1st round talent.

My argument isn't that McCoy is our franchise QB, it's that we drafted a QB when we had no business doing so. And Weeden has made us no better despite passing for more yards. Colt had a TD:INT of 6:3 four games in last season, while Weeden has a 3:9. Weeden isn't further along than Colt, he's a project himself and we don't have the time to develop him.

You act like you make great points and the entire tone of your post is condescending, but you're not even making a great argument. You're argument is that we're no worse under Weeden, like that matters.

And the "give the QB more weapons" chorus grows...

I do think he'll learn to recognize coverages and get rid of the ball faster. Problem is he doesn't have a 4 year window to learn that as Joe Flacco did.

h...

The problem is mechanics... not recognition.

Watch the pick 6 again and you'll see that BW comes a way from center with the ball in great position, i.e., at the chest plate in both hands. But then he drops the ball to waist level before coming up into his delivery position from his right shoulder.

In other words.... he winds up... like the baseball pitcher he is.

I've been beating this drum since before the draft.

Not a simple fix...

1) First pick in the draft next year should be Brad Smith. Good luck convincing yourself that RG3 would have the same record as Weeden or McCoy. Washington's OL is a tub of warm piss compared to JT, Mack, and Schwartz. Also, Washington's WR corps isn't any better than ours. MoMa may be crap, but Josh Morgan isn't better in any way.

2) Little's incompetance isn't Weeden's fault

3) Seriously, quit saying that the browns are "no better" with weeden than mccoy. For that to be a useful statement, you'd have to replay the same game so that the only variable is the QB -- and obviously that's impossible. We have the second-toughest schedule in the league this year.. I have no doubt McCoy would go 0-16 as the 2012 starter even with the addition of Schwartz, TR, and Gordon.

Archived