THE BROWNS BOARD

The New Browns All Time Team

Chicopee John

Ok, we've seen and heard about the All-Time Browns team and just about any other professional team's All Time Team. The Red Sox just announced their's, for example.

Who, in your opinion, are the 3 best players to wear a Browns uniform since the new Cleveland Browns were born?

With som many draft picks, FA signings, etc., there have been - perhaps as many as 500+ players to wear the uniform.

It might be a touch question to separate any wheat from the chaff but, give it a shot.

Joe Thomas would be one. Who else. Any difference-makers?

Terry Kirby?

Ok, we've seen and heard about the All-Time Browns team and just about any other professional team's All Time Team. The Red Sox just announced their's, for example.

Who, in your opinion, are the 3 best players to wear a Browns uniform since the new Cleveland Browns were born?

With som many draft picks, FA signings, etc., there have been - perhaps as many as 500+ players to wear the uniform.

It might be a touch question to separate any wheat from the chaff but, give it a shot.

Terry Kirby?

Jim Brown, Otto Graham, and Lou Groza. I do not recognize a concept of "the New Browns" or "Old Browns".

However, if you say...who are the best Browns players of the 21st Century, I will go along with that idea:

Joe Thomas

Josh Cribbs

Alex Mack

Honorable mention to Ryan Pontbriand (long snappers....even if they make multiple Pro Bowls can't really get more than that)

QB Tim Couch

FB Lawrence Vickers

RB Jamal Lewis

WR Kevin Johnson

WR Dennis Northcutt

TE Kellen Winslow

T Joe Thomas

G Eric Steinbach

C Alex Mack

G Ross Verba

T Ryan Tucker

DT Ahtyba Rubin

DT Shaun Rogers

DE Orpheus Roye

DE Kenard Lang

MLB DQ Jackson

OLB Jamir Miller

OLB Kam Wimbley

S TJ Ward

S Sean Jones

CB Joe Haden

CB Daylon McCutcheon

K Phil Dawson

P Dave Zastudil

KR Josh Cribbs

PR Josh Cribbs

LS Ryan Pointbriand

Terry Kirby?

Joe Jervicius. If not for the staph infection he would have had a nice career here.

Anthony Henry, Joe Thomas, and Tim Couch.

Henry was pretty good, I shoulda picked him over McCutcheon, but his career was pretty short here, unfortunately. Corey Fulller was another guy I thought of. It is amazing how ordinary all of our safeties have been (at best). None of the WRs stood out, I took KJ and Cutt because they had the best career numbers. I put Verba at guard even though he played tackle most years because, well, the rest of guards have pretty much sucked.

Punter was a strong position with Gardocki, Hodges and Zasty.

Pretty bad when our best standout players are special teamers and a tackle.

Zombo

Archived