THE BROWNS BOARD

Lets get this guy

why cant we win

Want a reason NOT to go after LT?

How about the Jamal Lewis one and done?

He's going to go somewhere, have one good season, get big contract again, then tank.

He's already taken a huge amount of abuse and crazy amount of touches. He's seen his better days.

You want a good back?

Draft one. You can find them throughout the draft in nearly any round.As much as I'd love to have an Adrian Peterson or Cris Wells, it's not cap economical to spend top 5 money on 5-8 seasons with a sharp decline when you can get more out of any other skill position with a higher 1st round pick.

Key is having more than one back to split the load so your guys stay healthy. The game has gotten much to violent to rely on a single back for a whole season.

Wear and tear affect rb more than ANY skill position on a team, you're lucky to get 8 good years out of a full time back.

Turner is a fluke as a FA. It's a rarity that a talented young back without too many miles hits the market.

No GM in their right mind is going to let a talented back get away after seeing LT crash and burn without someone to split is carries with.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing Tob...unless you trade for a really young back...like in his 2nd year...third at tops...those guys can be pretty used and abused...and if there is one thing that is available each year, it is a supply of running backs.

Sure...guys like LT or Peterson are special and don't come along but every 5-6 years or so, but you can always find a good back...especially if you have a good run blocking line.

If running the ball is what we really want to see, we would be better off drafting a guy like Andre Smith and sit back and watch Harrison and Wright all of a sudden look like pro-bowl rushers.

LT has been used and abused....I would pass unless he was a gift.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing Tob...unless you trade for a really young back...like in his 2nd year...third at tops...those guys can be pretty used and abused...and if there is one thing that is available each year, it is a supply of running backs.

Sure...guys like LT or Peterson are special and don't come along but every 5-6 years or so, but you can always find a good back...especially if you have a good run blocking line.

If running the ball is what we really want to see, we would be better off drafting a guy like Andre Smith and sit back and watch Harrison and Wright all of a sudden look like pro-bowl rushers.

LT has been used and abused....I would pass unless he was a gift.

Could not agree more; to be honest the injuries of late could prove the end of his NFL days

I'm interested to see what the Chargers are going to ask for in return...certainly couldn't get a 1st rounder(unless Jerry Jones decides to give up his 2015 1st rounder). I like to think of the Moss scenario...Randy was an absolute steal for a 4th rounder and I think this will play into the minds of any team unloading a potential star past his prime. No way that the Chargers make that same kind of move, but I could see them asking for maybe a 2nd and 4th....and there's a few teams out there that may bite on that worm. Colts perhaps could add him to complement Addai(not my thought, someone off of ESPNs), or I could see the eagles adding him to share the load w/Westbrook, an absolutely scary thought if he could somehow return to form...Philly has 2 firsts(they have Carolinas-used to draft Otah) and a 2nd. Why wouldn't they take a chance on him?

As for Cleveland doing this, I'm against it also...don't get me wrong, I still think LT has the desire and work ethic to get back to form and show that he still has something left in the tank. But, as many have already pointed out we can get a RB in the draft(I still like Sutton from Northwestern or Moreno from GA). Just can't imagine a team w/soooo many needs on both sides of the ball making a move for LT.

If you ain't first, you're last!

but would you be against it if he came here say under a one year, and a very cap friendly deal? not talking trading just him getting released and us bringing him in. One where he knows his next big payday won't be here just a year to let him showcase himself.

Archived