THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens Fans? Are there any on the Internet?

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

I'm gonna stick up for the Steeler faggots that hang out here on a daily basis. First of all, we all know that they envy us, but it just occurred to me that they don't have much choice and neither do us Browns fans.

We've seen the Bengals fans ... wholly shit, it was like arguing with a San Francisco bathhouse membership.

But WTF are with the Ravens fans? Back in the day when the slimballs cheered the 'Baltimore Browns', they were around and we use to kick the snot out of them daily. They are a dumb breed and very un-informed. In fact, I think Irsay had library books in those Mayflowers that rolled out of town.

Their team is in the AFC Championship game and occasionally we get an 11yr old from Baltimore wandering in ... but we could probably count'em on one hand.

Steeler fans are here to tell us we are no longer their rival ... well boys, where is your rival? Perhaps this is why Irsay left Baltimore in the first place, which caused the trickle effect and tax payers across this great nation some serious dough.

Do Ravens fans have a face? ... no wonder they got beat-out by Jacksonville.

You gotta a lot of pull over there Chuck ... we got one fan (again).

Yawn ...

I googled Baltimore Ravens message board and found one. I haven't registered because I'm not in the arguing mood but I did read plenty. Good god I hate the Ravens and their fan base. However I will say that I LOVE that so many in our division hate Hines Ward because it fuels his fire. Here is to hoping Bart Scott gets his because the dude is a whiny bitch.

I googled Baltimore Ravens message board and found one. I haven't registered because I'm not in the arguing mood but I did read plenty. Good god I hate the Ravens and their fan base. However I will say that I LOVE that so many in our division hate Hines Ward because it fuels his fire. Here is to hoping Bart Scott gets his because the dude is a whiny bitch.

Just out of curiosity, how many pages of the google search did you have to peruse to find one?

Guest Ghoolie

Well,

the fact of the matter is, wheter people here like it or not, MANY casual observers and average NFL fans believe the Baltimore Ravens ARE INDEED the Browns, and that the modern day Browns are a forgery. Now, I am not here to start a shit storm, but we all know that around the country this is a sizable view that exists in society.

Next, there are some in Baltimore who feel a level of respect for what Cleveland once had, where their team came from. Considering many Baltimore fans are old enough to remember having their team torn away, there is simply not the same level of rivalry that we have with Pittsburgh.

Adding to this is the fact that many younger fans don't know or care shit-squat about Modell and the red-ass some Clevelanders still suffer. Thier team routinely beats our.

The Ravens are in the playoffs with teh Steelers and we have absolutely nothing to contribute. They have just as much likelihood to go post on a Detroit Lions board as they do here. Also, on teh Ravens board, there are no Browns posts.

Despite the misguided attempts at a lot of 30 and under fans to remove teh Steelers as the Browns biggest rival, the Steelers remain,,, and always WILL remain our biggest and most fiercely hated rival.

Go Steelers.

Well,

the fact of the matter is, wheter people here like it or not, MANY casual observers and average NFL fans believe the Baltimore Ravens ARE INDEED the Browns, and that the modern day Browns are a forgery. Now, I am not here to start a shit storm, but we all know that around the country this is a sizable view that exists in society.

Next, there are some in Baltimore who feel a level of respect for what Cleveland once had, where their team came from. Considering many Baltimore fans are old enough to remember having their team torn away, there is simply not the same level of rivalry that we have with Pittsburgh.

Adding to this is the fact that many younger fans don't know or care shit-squat about Modell and the red-ass some Clevelanders still suffer. Thier team routinely beats our.

The Ravens are in the playoffs with teh Steelers and we have absolutely nothing to contribute. They have just as much likelihood to go post on a Detroit Lions board as they do here. Also, on teh Ravens board, there are no Browns posts.

Despite the misguided attempts at a lot of 30 and under fans to remove teh Steelers as the Browns biggest rival, the Steelers remain,,, and always WILL remain our biggest and most fiercely hated rival.

Go Steelers.

I've asked this before and I never get much of a answer, but how many Browns remain on the team? or better yet how many Browns were on that team when they won the Super Bowl. I'm not trying to discredit your plight. If i lost my NFL team I'd be livid and looking for answers with my damn fists (Not really but you get the idea...pissed off) but Stover is the only one of note I can even remember. Either way the Browns are 100% still a rival and when others discredit this rivalry it's simply to get a rise and nothing more.

Guest Ghoolie
I've asked this before and I never get much of a answer, but how many Browns remain on the team? or better yet how many Browns were on that team when they won the Super Bowl. I'm not trying to discredit your plight. If i lost my NFL team I'd be livid and looking for answers with my damn fists (Not really but you get the idea...pissed off) but Stover is the only one of note I can even remember. Either way the Browns are 100% still a rival and when others discredit this rivalry it's simply to get a rise and nothing more.

Sorry kid, you are wrong. I know former Browns fans that call teh Ravens the real Browns and don't support what was fabricated afterwards.

How many players? WTF does that have to do with anything? How many players on the 1964 championship team are on the present day team? Better yet, how many players on the 1994 Browns team are still on the Brwons team?

People all over America still say Baltimore Colts, St Louis Cardinals, and Los Angeles Rams. They aren't flaming, they are merely a product of their experience.

There is nothing noble about this modern day Browns configuration. They don't deserve universal acceptance and frankly by their performance they really should be moved to another city. I think if they don't win 10 or 11 games in 2009, the team should move.

Guest Masters
Sorry kid, you are wrong. I know former Browns fans that call teh Ravens the real Browns and don't support what was fabricated afterwards.

That would be you and Rich.

How many players? WTF does that have to do with anything? How many players on the 1964 championship team are on the present day team? Better yet, how many players on the 1994 Browns team are still on the Brwons team?

People all over America still say Baltimore Colts, St Louis Cardinals, and Los Angeles Rams. They aren't flaming, they are merely a product of their experience.

There is nothing noble about this modern day Browns configuration. They don't deserve universal acceptance and frankly by their performance they really should be moved to another city. I think if they don't win 10 or 11 games in 2009, the team should move.

All I'm saying is that while the Browns did in fact pick up and move to Baltimore, the team that landed there had very few Browns players. It would be like my family picking up and moving to California and several stopping off at random locations along the way and setting up shop. If one or two makes it all the way there, is my family still my family the way it left if only a couple make it that far? The Ravens are not the Browns to anyone outside of Cleveland.

Guest Masters
All I'm saying is that while the Browns did in fact pick up and move to Baltimore, the team that landed there had very few Browns players. It would be like my family picking up and moving to California and several stopping off at random locations along the way and setting up shop. If one or two makes it all the way there, is my family still my family the way it left if only a couple make it that far? The Ravens are not the Browns to anyone outside of Cleveland.

Pretty good anaology there.

The only part of the Ravens being the Browns people outside of Cleveland acknowledge is that the team in BALT moved from CLE.

Guest ATENEARS

There is nothing noble about this modern day Browns configuration.

Huh?

Didn't you just shoot yourself in the foot with that last statement?

"People all over America still say Baltimore Colts, St Louis Cardinals, and Los Angeles Rams" ... so therefore people think ... ahhh ... duhhh ... 'Baltimore Browns?' You don't make any sense.

People think Cleveland Browns you doofus ... no one see's the Ravens as the Browns anymore, give it up.

They don't deserve universal acceptance and frankly by their performance they really should be moved to another city. I think if they don't win 10 or 11 games in 2009, the team should move.

San Francisco once had a dynasty ... you gonna move them now too? They are 32-64 since 2003, we are 33-63.

It's called a losing era, see Art Modell's great run in the 70's where we had one 10-win season. See the Steelers where they didn't have a double-digit winning season in their first 36 years of exsistance.

Jump off the wagon cowboy, no one is holding you on. If you can't connect with the current Browns and these aren't your Daddies Cleveland Browns, then what the hell are you still following this team for?

If modell had got the history and the colors and they actually became the baltimore browns with orange helms and no stupid logo..i would likely be a happy baltimore browns fan..simply because 4 years without football with the genuine browns intact with history and colors on the field wouldnt even be thinkable..baltimore or not..i still would not have liked the fact they moved to baltimore and left an incredible football culture that was awesome dead..

It also means that cleveland couldnt have named its team the browns when the expansion finally came so i would be watching the baltimore browns..

I should note i cant say for certain if leaving cleveland wouldnt have turned me completely off of the nfl because i have many many fond moments in old municiple stadium..so this is purely speculation..the whole thing made me totally ill to begin with..

However if modells team changed colors ,logo or the name "browns" i would have hated him as much as i do and would have waited for the new cleveland team..named after its original owners football knowledge.."the cleveland lernots" with pink helms and bright rainbow uniforms and a unicorn or boy george logo..later randy would have changed the logo to a soccer ball.. ;)

I would have already stopped watching nfl football 8 or 9 years ago because my team would would have been totally displaced..and the lernots sucked i fought with the rest to keep the"cleveland browns" in cleveland and have no regrets they are my team now and forever with history ,colors and city all intact...And randy is not al and i now believe he wants to win so..hey...theres always next year! ;)

Ya gotta love the ratbirds history...the baltimore ravens were born in 1999 after moving from cleveland...lol

OK; this is your opinion, which is fine; however, with this in mind why do you post here? I am sure the Baltimore Sun has a Raven fan message board so feel free to hang out there

Archived