THE BROWNS BOARD

Libya Embassy

Westside Steve

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And technology is an equalizer. You don't need to be an absolute physical specimen to be a typical soldier in any country. We're training "pilots" to kill people halfway across the world by remote control. And yeah, they're underrepresented in sports because they're just genetically smaller than people of other regions. Their strength lies in technology and pure numbers.

Our technology is stronger. What technology has China ever driven, or brought to the world? Serious question. Their specialty is cheapening not innovating.

Let me ask you something, when have you ever trusted Chinese goods over American ones for quality?

No, people buy Chinese goods because they're dirt cheap. Same applies to their army. Yes, we're many steps ahead of them in many cases. That being said, I hope we never go toe-to-toe with them in my lifetime. It wouldn't be pretty for either side. As for technology? The Great Firewall, like it or not, is an incredible technological feat. Furthermore, whenever something in the Pentagon gets hacked, the Chinese are the usual suspects.

No, people buy Chinese goods because they're dirt cheap. Same applies to their army. Yes, we're many steps ahead of them in many cases. That being said, I hope we never go toe-to-toe with them in my lifetime. It wouldn't be pretty for either side. As for technology? The Great Firewall, like it or not, is an incredible technological feat. Furthermore, whenever something in the Pent. agon gets hacked, the Chinese are the usual s. uspects.

But did they invent firewalls, computers or hacking? We can do it all better. It's just true.

But did they invent firewalls, computers or hacking? We can do it all better. It's just true.

It doesn't matter what they invented. What matters is what they're good at. They're good with computers and technology. They can afford to be behind us there because they make up for it in numbers. Look, I do biomedical laser research, and most of my competition is from people with names like Xi, Chin, or Wu. The Chinese are putting a ton of effort into catching up with us, which they've done, and they'll ultimately surpass us as the world's premier superpower. Either way, bringing this full circle, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of a stick from either of us, which is what the Islamic countries would be doing if they tried to get everyone to convert to Islam.

I guess I'd just say to Cysko that reacting - over-reacting - when your blood is up usually doesn't lead to smart decisions. See: The War in Iraq.

From what we're learning this may have been a planned attack on the anniversary of 9/11 that used this movie as a way to muster up numbers. Best to see what we find out over the next few days and then retaliate in a smart, focused, and lethal way while not creating so much damage that you create more problems than you solve.

<br /><b><a href='http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/12-photos-of-benghazi-citizens-apologizing-to-amer' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>12 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans</a></b><br /><br /><b>A peaceful demonstration from Benghazi, the Libyan city where a U.S. ambassador was killed in a consulate attack Tuesday. "Chris Stevens was a friend to all Libyans."</b><br />
<br /><br /><br />

With friends like that who needs enemies?

Fuck those haji's we should have never helped those dumb fuckers out if this is the type of response that we get back from those back stabbing pieces of shit!

<br />It haw no context. Let's see it go head to head with our version. Real contests no comparisons. We win 90% of the time. There's a reason mma includes little to no kung fu. It doesn't work. Muai Thai does.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

A bullet in the head will stop anyone. Not every soldier needs to have been taught the whole realm of every martial arts that is out there. Most of our troops are being taught basic Jiu-Jitsu for hand to hand combat. It is one of my favorites.

The incident reminds of one other thing: the dangerously distorting effect of disrespect for one's political opponents.

It would be a fascinating exercise to delete all of the sources posted on this board which disrespect their political opponents. Would anything be left? It's always fun to see the two sides throw this back and forth at each other. Reminds me of: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-20/i-m-right-you-re-wrong-and-other-political-truths.html

Chuck Todd:

Over the top : Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was "outraged" by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, "It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks." Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the "efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims." But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks.

*** When news-cycle campaigning goes awry: Bottom line: This was news-cycle campaigning by the Romney campaign gone awry. Why didn't the Romney campaign wait until it had all the facts? On his overseas trip in the summer, Romney was so careful not to criticize Obama while on foreign soil. But how much time do you give an administration to work through a diplomatic and international crisis before trying to score immediate political points? You'd expect the Sarah Palins of the world to quickly pounce on something like this, and she predictably did. But a presidential nominee running for the highest office in the land? After the facts have come out, last night's Romney statement only feeds the narrative that his campaign is desperate. And given that the Romney camp has already moved on to other subjects this morning -- issuing a press release on debt and not the embassy attacks -- it appears the campaign realizes it, too. Right before our publication time, the Romney camp responds to us that it stands by its statement from last night. The controversial embassy statement, the Romney camp argues, had occurred AFTER the unrest in Egypt and Libya had already begun (citing this CBS report) and that the statement had served as the administration's sole response until about 10:00 pm ET.

David Frum:

"Politicians must pander, it goes with the job. But they mustn't leave their fingerprints all over their pandering. The Romney campaign's attempt to score political points on the killing of American diplomats was a dismal business in every respect. Disregarding every other aspect, however, it was graceless and stupid as a matter of politics.

The incident reminds of one other thing: the dangerously distorting effect of disrespect for one's political opponents.

Inside Team Romney, and among Romney's donors and core supporters, it may be taken absolutely for granted that Barack Obama is a weak-willed appeaser of radical Islam, a cringing apologizer for America who does not love the country the way "we" do. So why not say it loud, especially when you think you've just caught his administration doing it again? And then you discover the mistake only after the statement has departed the outbox."

Michael Tomasky:

"Once again, the Romney pattern holds: pander to the right, issue an irresponsible statement, before Romney and his people even know whether this violence is going to spread, and prove that they will try to use even the violent deaths of four diplomats to political advantage. This isn't an aberration. We've seen enough to know that this is his character."

looks like its damage control time for the libs and the carpet bombing posts.... lol

where exactly is Obamas foriegn policy? the closest he got to Libya was through his coalition headed by France remember?

there was no policy in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya (save the ally patrol) and now even Syria where innocents are still dying.

Add to it a do nothing approach nto Iran and a rejection of Israel, and I think you have a fine example of the lack of leadership.

12 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans

A peaceful demonstration from Benghazi, the Libyan city where a U.S. ambassador was killed in a consulate attack Tuesday. “Chris Stevens was a friend to all Libyans.”

Who cares Alo? An example needs to be made not of the libyan people but of their government

12 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans

A peaceful demonstration from Benghazi, the Libyan city where a U.S. ambassador was killed in a consulate attack Tuesday. "Chris Stevens was a friend to all Libyans."

We apologize Yankee pigs. We blow up plane over Scotland and stupid Scottish let hijacker go, now we kill your Ambassador to our fucked up new Islamic country and we ask your forgiveness. Allah Akbar.

ChristopherStevens.jpg

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,"

4 dead Americans, two embassies attacked.

Hmmm. Seems like a good time to go golfing. Eh president Sh!t Wit?

Obama-golfing-putz.jpg

Real Americans will fight for freedom.

Weenies like Heckbunker and Woodypeckerhead will

be happy to be muslim sympathizers.

Real Americans kick enemies asses.

Heckbunker, Woodypeckerhead wil tell the Muslim extremist terorists murders

"we're sorry we didn't do your bidding, terrorists. We won't ever do anything to stop you.... "sniff" ...."

cowards.

With all these killers, it's kill or be killed.

That's why we have our military folks going after them, to take them out.

With apoligizing to the Muslim killers... seems like not so much a good idea to go to

vacation overseas a lot of places.

And Shep and Heck said Obamao would make us respected.

b freakin stupid ass s.

Take em out. It's the only way.

Obamao is trying to buy them off as friends. And telling them he's sorry. That America is sorry for anything they don't like.

He's the only stupid assest president since Jimmy Carter..

"sigh"

Shoot, they will become Muslims....or die, and I doubt they stand up to fight it.

And they think they have a problem with Christians who allow their atheist BS....they will either be kneeling to pray to Ala, or be kneeling waiting for their head to be chopped off.....but they are too ignorant to know it.

ChristopherStevens.jpg

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,"

I never thought id agree with bunker but this is infuriating. This needs to stop. It makes us look weak and when we look weak these pieces of trash get their balls up. A nice video of the entire libyan government, all of them, being hung like common dogs (its an insult and why saddam demanded to be shot, but was rejected) would remind them we are not to be fucked with. Unfortunately this will not happen. Special forces will kill some people, sure, but this needs to be done publicly...not behind the scenes. The whole libyan government is publicly hanged? Maybe Egypt shapes up all of a sudden.

I'd say our attitude towards them needs to be like they have towards Jews.....get rid of all of them.

But, we have a Muslim President, so as long as we have that, this sort of thing should be expected.

The President and his wife are probably smiling over drinks tonight.

It makes me sick.

Archived