THE BROWNS BOARD

Libya Embassy

Westside Steve

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254

The US ambassador to Libya is among four Americans killed in an attack on the US consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, President Barack Obama has confirmed.

Unidentified armed men stormed the grounds on Tuesday night in a protest over a US-produced film that is said to insult the Prophet Muhammad.

They shot at buildings and threw handmade bombs into the compound.

Protesters also attacked the US embassy in Cairo over the film.

In a statement, President Obama condemned the "outrageous attack" on the facility in Benghazi.

The religion of peace strikes again!

Kind of odd how this unknown film was distributed by certain elements and then the protests happened at the Embassy in Cairo and Consulate in Libya. Also, the people lying in wait with an RPG to basically assassinate the Ambassador. And all of this just happens to fall on the anniversary of the terror attacks on 9/11.

Anyone pay heed to the Presidents condemnation?

Anyone hear the more complete response in which he sympathizes with the killers?

WSS

Do you have a link? I found this.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/statement-president-attack-benghazi

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Doesn't exactly look like sympathy.

Anyone pay heed to the Presidents condemnation?

Anyone hear the more complete response in which he sympathizes with the killers?

WSS

Come on, man. Really? Let's not get led around by the nose by an increasingly desperate Romney campaign looking for an issue to run with.

One statement was released before the attackers attacked the compound. A second statement was released afterwards. There was no sympathy for the killers. Ever.

You hack. You're actually repeating a RNC campaign line word for word.

Chuck Todd:

Over the top : Yesterday we noted that Mitt Romney, down in the polls after the convention, was throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama. Little did we know the kitchen sink would include -- on the anniversary of 9/11 -- one of the most over-the-top and (it turns out) incorrect attacks of the general-election campaign . Last night after 10:00 pm ET, Romney released a statement on the attacks on the U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya. After saying he was “outraged” by these attacks and the death of an American consulate worker, Romney said, “It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.” Yet after learning every piece of new information about those attacks, the Romney statement looks worse and worse -- and simply off-key. First, Romney was referring to a statement that the U.S. embassy in Egypt issued condemning the “efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” But that embassy statement, which the White House has distanced itself from, was in reference to an anti-Islam movie and anti-Islam pastor Terry Jones, and it came out BEFORE the embassy attacks began. Then this morning, we learned that the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and others died in one of the attacks.

*** When news-cycle campaigning goes awry: Bottom line: This was news-cycle campaigning by the Romney campaign gone awry. Why didn’t the Romney campaign wait until it had all the facts? On his overseas trip in the summer, Romney was so careful not to criticize Obama while on foreign soil. But how much time do you give an administration to work through a diplomatic and international crisis before trying to score immediate political points? You’d expect the Sarah Palins of the world to quickly pounce on something like this, and she predictably did. But a presidential nominee running for the highest office in the land? After the facts have come out, last night’s Romney statement only feeds the narrative that his campaign is desperate. And given that the Romney camp has already moved on to other subjects this morning -- issuing a press release on debt and not the embassy attacks -- it appears the campaign realizes it, too. Right before our publication time, the Romney camp responds to us that it stands by its statement from last night. The controversial embassy statement, the Romney camp argues, had occurred AFTER the unrest in Egypt and Libya had already begun (citing this CBS report) and that the statement had served as the administration’s sole response until about 10:00 pm ET.

No Heck. Obama even disassociated himself from the comment from the Egypt Embassy. Romney is exactly right. This President instead of showing outrage, demeans our country by looking weak. Even his prepared speech he gave a couple of hours ago mirrored Clinton's given at the State Department. He sounded monotone, like he didn't even mean it.

Actually guys I heard it on 1 of your own news outlets.

I watch MSNBC every morning. They said the administration has dialed back from that statement wherever it came from.

The part in question was an apology and a condemnation of the idea someone would be so hurtful as to insult someones religion. Then, of course, it went on to claim disapproval for the actions.

Unfortunately scarborough wasn't there so there was absolutely no 1 to calendar that.

WSS

You're full of shit and retreating again.

You said the president gave "a more complete response in which he sympathizes with the killers."

And here was Reince Priebus' tweet: "Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic,"

Now, when did the president sympathize with the people who killed our ambassador again?? Answer. You're really going to go off a tweet from someone inside the US embassy in Egypt trying to calm the situation down before the attacks occurred and ...using that to say the president sympathized with the people who later killed our ambassador?

Or do you want to bring yourself back to some level of credibility here? I know the Palin-level morons are going to run with this because they need something to get them excited, but you?

Perhaps I should stop expecting more than Palin-level idiocy.

And what would you like see done? I'd like to see an effort to find out who did this and kill them. I want Munich. That's what I suspect is about to happen. That's what the president just said he's going to do, and he's kind of known for sending in Seal teams and dropping lots of bombs from drones, so I don't worry so much about his nerve.

What would you like to see happen?

As for Steve and his RNC talking point, this is real underhanded bullshit during a political season. And it's being called out by people left and right. It makes Romney look like what he is: a slimy political opportunist. I just like to think I'm dealing with people who don't fall for it all hook line and sinker, even the stuff that you couldn't defend if you tried.

David Frum:

"Politicians must pander, it goes with the job. But they mustn't leave their fingerprints all over their pandering. The Romney campaign's attempt to score political points on the killing of American diplomats was a dismal business in every respect. Disregarding every other aspect, however, it was graceless and stupid as a matter of politics.

The incident reminds of one other thing: the dangerously distorting effect of disrespect for one's political opponents.

Inside Team Romney, and among Romney's donors and core supporters, it may be taken absolutely for granted that Barack Obama is a weak-willed appeaser of radical Islam, a cringing apologizer for America who does not love the country the way "we" do. So why not say it loud, especially when you think you've just caught his administration doing it again? And then you discover the mistake only after the statement has departed the outbox."

Michael Tomasky:

"Once again, the Romney pattern holds: pander to the right, issue an irresponsible statement, before Romney and his people even know whether this violence is going to spread, and prove that they will try to use even the violent deaths of four diplomats to political advantage. This isn't an aberration. We've seen enough to know that this is his character."

Exactly, on my way home, I heard the two clips - Obama condemning, then kind of sort backing off.

the old smoke and mirrors. Obamao is a disgrace to our country.

I wonder when Shep will come back, and admit that his super Obamao

never brought us together, but rather, the opposite...

and never cut our deficit in half, but on the way to the opposite,

and of course, he supports the 2nd Amendment, but never has,

and has anti gun people all over his entire admin, and swore an oath to

defend our Constitution, but has little regard for it, and has openly violated it,

and, how Obamao was "SUPPOSED" to have a magic twanger, and make

our U.S. really, really, really more respected in the world, COUGH COUGH....

then again, I'm sure Shep doesn't have the nads to come back and admit ObaMao

is not the great pres Shep said he'd be. Very much... the exact opposite.

Meanwhile, why is it again, that we are giving Egypt a BILLION bucks?

http://www.christiandemocratsofamerica.org/blog/2012/09/12/did-president-obama-really-apologize-to-terrorists/

Not promoting the source but the quote is there.

Sounds like two wrongs don't make a right.

At least they backpedaled...

WSS

Where? What the fuck are you talking about?

Quote where Obama "sympathizes" with the people who killed our ambassador.

You hack.

"They were just trying to score a cheap news cycle hit based on the embassy statement and now it’s just completely blown up," said a very senior Republican foreign policy hand, who called the statement an "utter disaster" and a "Lehman moment" — a parallel to the moment when John McCain, amid the 2008 financial crisis, failed to come across as a steady leader... "I guess we see now that it is because they’re incompetent at talking effectively about foreign policy," said the Republican. "This is just unbelievable — when they decide to play on it they completely bungle it."

...This is what I was thinking. I think this is going to be a turning point in the campaign, when people just see his pathetic opportunism for what it is. He's conducted himself like a very small man.

Obama condemns attack on US consulate in Libya - Yahoo! News

3 hours ago ... News: President Barack Obama is condemning in the "strongest possible terms" ... records

of all then make a "rational" decision, if that is at all possible. ... he started his press conference by apologizing

for the tasteless video.

news.yahoo.com/obama-condemns-attack-us-consulate-libya-145437679--

election.html news.yahoo.com/obama-condemns-attack-us-consulate-libya-145437679--election.html

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/on-9-11-obama-administration-apologizes-to-islamists-and-attacks-the-constitution/

U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement

September 11, 2012

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals

to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.

Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States,

Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response

to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy.

We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

People stand around a drawing that says “Remember your black day 11 September”

during a protest against what they said was a film being produced in the United States

that was insulting to the Prophet Mohammad, in front of the U.S. embassy in Cairo September 11, 2012. (Reuters)

Meanwhile, Obamao declared war on the religious churches and colleges in the U.S,, by trying to force them to violate their

religious beliefs over Obamao's election year intrusion into insurance for employees.

Got it.

More opposite from ObaMao, the Great Oppositer.

Archived