THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign RB

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

nfldraftscout is reporting that we've signed Marcus Thomas to a futures contract.

Thomas was drafted by the Chargers in the 5th Round last year. He looked good in training camp, but the Chargers ended up trying to sneak him onto their practice squad. The Lions grabbed him off of waivers, but he got hurt in practice and never really got a chance to make an impact. He was released a couple weeks into the year, after which he spent some time on the Cowboys' practice squad.

For a summary of Thomas's strengths and weaknesses, I'd recommend watching this great draftguys.tv profile of the UTEP product:

Sounds like he could be a good short-yardage/3rd down back for us. I could see him making an impact if we cut JLew and replace him with a smaller back.

Not a bad pick-up for us I like the fact about his ability to have quik excelleration out of his cuts. thats what makes him elusive. He may need some core work so that he can learn to run with a lower center of gravity which will be needed in bad weather.

Guest Aloysius
That's a good move. That is a move a team that wants to win consistently makes. Not a move of desperation for a short term fix. You guys may be on your way to turning it around. We will see...

It's like signing Gary Russell or Mewelde Moore...

I could see Thomas playing Gary Russell to Donald Thomas and Jerome Harrison's Willie Parker/Mewelde Moore combo.

Archived