THE BROWNS BOARD

Over 30 years later and the Steelers are still cheaters

AZBrowns

Were steroids completely legal in the 1970s in the NFL? They didn't even test for them until the late '80s. Don't you think other teams used them as well? And use among bodybuilders, including some who went on to careers in politics and film, is well known and documented.

With HGH, I don't believe that its NFL use is as widespread, because it does not do what steroids did. It may be good for anti-aging use. I think there will always be loopholes for its purchase and posession, because too many wealthy and prominent people use it to look young and buy a few inches of height for their kids.

A nationally known political figure from Ohio is rumored to be one of those on the HGH user list.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Reply to Choco Taco -

Choco -

By reading your post, I am convinced that you are a Victim! You are a loser Victim. You live in a town you hate because why? Because you are a loser who looks at himself as a victim.

You have the power - move Boy! Do what it takes to reinvent yourself and live in the town of your choice - move!

Stop whining Boy and MOVE! REINVENT YOURSELF and stop being a loser. I cant stand reading your whining shit!

By reading your post, I am convinced that you are a Victim! You are a loser Victim. You live in a town you hate because why? Because you are a loser who looks at himself as a victim.

i know...so tough being a loser. but, at least i fit in in pittsburgh.

You have the power - move Boy! Do what it takes to reinvent yourself and live in the town of your choice - move!

would kinda seem counter-productive to turn around an sell my house, quit my good job, and move since i just returned (home) 3 years ago.....i live in the town of my choice.....and i dont smoke jacks.

Stop whining Boy and MOVE! REINVENT YOURSELF and stop being a loser. I cant stand reading your whining shit!

can't stand it....dont read it. even simple concepts like this are too high brow for you neanderthals.....

first...no refuting anything i said.....nice job.

second...this kind of crap is why i hate this city.....intelligent conversation is rare with all the "yinz dis" and "go stillers".....

third....who's whining? im merely giving a first person POV of this city....it sucks, and i've traveled the US and abroad enough to make that distinction. you ever leave you sisters bedroom?

tell ya what....when you wanna talk like an adult, instead of the 15 year old i suspect you are, you can try to match my points. who says loser anymore?

There were several investigations that took place after this was first leaked and each and every one were proven inconclusive, all of this is old news. The doctor in question went on record to say that he never administered HGH to any Steeler during his tenure so take it for what it's worth. The entire situation is amusing because a choice few want to find something other than talent and drive as a reason for the franchises success when in reality it's about the organization and it's ability to do things right. I hope this helps a few of you sleep better at night but I can assure you no one in Pittsburgh is losing sleep.

I said "VICTIM loser"

no you didn't....problems with your eyes?

So, you live in a city of your choice that you think sucks?

yes, im not here for the city.....im here because im paid very well. you possess the skills to dictate your salary? can you be replaced?

plus, there's not many places in the US with lower real estate prices. i rented an apartment in NY for twice what my mortgage payment is....

There were several investigations that took place after this was first leaked and each and every one were proven inconclusive, all of this is old news. The doctor in question went on record to say that he never administered HGH to any Steeler during his tenure so take it for what it's worth. The entire situation is amusing because a choice few want to find something other than talent and drive as a reason for the franchises success when in reality it's about the organization and it's ability to do things right. I hope this helps a few of you sleep better at night but I can assure you no one in Pittsburgh is losing sleep.

I can only say this and remember something My uncle said long ago...."Where there is smoke you can bet theres a fire"...Yeah it sounds cliche but its so true...I dont care what your team doctor said...you dont buy large quantities of HGH and not intend to use and or distribute it....Looking upon the recent deaths (suddenly) of former Steeler players one has to really wonder........I mean there are guys like Gene Hickerson who played in the trenches and died last year who lived quite a long while after his playing days...So...If you want to continue this myopic vision of Your football Your welcome to do so...Just remeber Karma has a strange way of getting revenge...

I can only say this and remember something My uncle said long ago...."Where there is smoke you can bet theres a fire"...Yeah it sounds cliche but its so true...I dont care what your team doctor said...you dont buy large quantities of HGH and not intend to use and or distribute it....Looking upon the recent deaths (suddenly) of former Steeler players one has to really wonder........I mean there are guys like Gene Hickerson who played in the trenches and died last year who lived quite a long while after his playing days...So...If you want to continue this myopic vision of Your football Your welcome to do so...Just remeber Karma has a strange way of getting revenge...

His client base wasn't restricted to the Pittsburgh Steelers and as I said several completely separate investigations came up inconclusive. Studies conducted by individuals with zero bias and a desire for the facts and they could prove zero in regards to the Steelers and the use of HGH. It's nothing more than a excuse for the Cleveland fan base and anyone else that chooses to bring it up. The Browns haven't been worked for the last decade because of Pittsburgh brute strength and on field anger but rather a superior talent pool, with fantastic schemes, execution and top notch coaching. We draft well, we're coached well and our players believe in the organization, not to mention talent at crucial positions with all but a couple players not drafted by the Steelers. As I said previously, if it helps you sleep more soundly so be it.

LOL....not once . I have 2 good years of College (including English). Just have to remember to use it in my day to day dealings. The internet makes you lazy.

...and in your case activated your latent Down Syndrome gene. That's o.k. though Geek, "Life Goes On."

DWJ

yes, im not here for the city.....im here because im paid very well. you possess the skills to dictate your salary? can you be replaced?

OH - I see, I didnt realize you were an employee....... You live in Pittsburgh because you have to......because you think you earn good money...........I live where ever I want to live, but then I own my own business and I am an investor to boot - good luck to you.

OH - I see, I didnt realize you were an employee....... You live in Pittsburgh because you have to......because you think you earn good money...........I live where ever I want to live, but then I own my own business and I am an investor to boot - good luck to you.

well he gets paid very well over in pittspuke because he is the only one who can read and write where he works.

Lyle Alzadon not only admitted to Steroid use but also blamed his demise on his steroid use.

The Browns were cheating BEFORE the Steelers.

Dumbass, your critical of everybodys spelling you need to learn to spell or put down the bottle. your liver will thank you.

Go Browns! and Fuuck Rats and Shitters

Ain't THAT the truth.

Actually 'roids were around in the '50s. How do you figure Jim Brown was bigger than his linemen, but faster than most wide receivers?

dont fuuck with Jim Brown! that dude was gifted to beat the shit out of steelers God gave him that ability just so he could be a steeler killer!

dont fuuck with Jim Brown! that dude was gifted to beat the shit out of steelers God gave him that ability just so he could be a steeler killer!

I get it now. If you are a talented Steeler then you are on roids. If you are a talented Browns (I got a chuckle at of saying "talent" and "brown" in the same sentence!) then they are just gifted....

Guest Masters
Lyle Alzadon not only admitted to Steroid use but also blamed his demise on his steroid use.

The Browns were cheating BEFORE the Steelers.

And he admitted to taking them before he ever played for CLE. So how does that equal the Browns cheating before the Steelers.

Guest Masters
Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all?

Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.

Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.

Did I actually say I think the Steelers were cheaters? If you read my post and the one I was actually responding to, and the rest in the thread, you'd understand that I didn't call the Steelers cheating. Reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit.

Of course with your screen name choice, it's obvious you don't read, because only ORE homers thought DA was CLE's future.

When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."

I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.

When did I say you said the Steelers were cheaters? I guess your "reading comprehension skills are not your strong suit."

I chose this screen name to poke fun at the bandwagon browns fans. I knew you guys didn't seem like bandwagoners when I joined and I knew most of you hated DA. My screen name is just agreeing with you guys.

Guys...STOP this is silly...lol !

Guest Masters

Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.

Um... right here by posing the following to me in response to my post "Only Steelers that even have evidence pointing toward them taking roids did so while it was legal. How does that equal the Steelers cheating at all? " Now why would you even ask that if you weren't trying to imply I was saying/thinking the Steelers are cheaters? So perhaps I was wrong, it is your writing skills that are lacking.

Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.

Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.

The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.

- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)

Steroids are illegal so taking them because the NFL didn't have rules against them didn't mean it was right. Then again we're dealing with Steeler fans.

Steeler fans sound like they're pissed at Sports Illustrated for the body count they did. They're even more pissed about their own player Steve Courson for fessing up about the wide-spread use on his 70s Steelers team. Allegedly, they sought him out for his win at all costs character. They wanted someone that would fit into their drug culture. They got the perfect guy.

The ONLY Browns that were junkies were Lyle Alzado and Russ Verba and they never got the locker-room to buy into their type of character so we didn't win squat with either clown. The Steelers didn't just have just 1 guy using if you read "False Glory" written by a former Steeler. Anyone ever hear how that guy died? The story sounds like a crime scene coverup story you'd see on that Cold Case program.

- Tom F. (I feel worse for their families than Steeler fans. Mike Webster's kid doesn't give a rat about 1 for the Thumb. Which Rooney kept Webster from eating out of garbage cans? It wasn't the Browns' fans that titled the 70s the steroids era. Some of that comes from the Courson Fessup and the rest came from SI)

Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?

Seriously dude? Really? That's your great comparison?

Holy f*cking shit your dumber than a brick.

When the f*ck has beer ever enhanced anybody's ability to do anything? Especially the game of football.

Steriods were new to the scene (well actually developed in the 50's I believe, but new to football) the steelers were the first ones to start the trend, if you don't believe they had an unfair advantage while on the roids then your far more delusional than I ever thought, and trust me delusion was a word I associated with you with every post.

Just stop dude, your an embarrassment to steeler nation and that's saying something.

Its doesn't matter whether or not it enhanced your ability to do something. It mathers whether or not it was legal! Do you believe working out is cheating becuase it enhances your ability? Please don't avoid this question as you did the last one!

Drinking beer is legal. (As steriods were in the 70's) Do you believe its wrong to drink beer?

So is smoking cigarettes knucklehead so are you a happy chain smoker or just a dumb one?

Mankind wasn't put here to cram IV drugs into their bodies the way the Steelers were doing it in the 70s. Do you REALLY want to debate right and wrong? AMERICANS complained about Russian ethics all the way up until the Steelers resorted to them. It's called cheating. Ben Johnson got his Gold Medal taken away and Canada isn't proud of him. In Pittsburgh, they'd root for 22 heroin addicts if it bought that dump another trophy. Different stokes for different folks.

- Tom F. (I hated Verba and Alzado. I also omce posted we should cut AWOL Tucker's ass when he got busted for cheating. I don't want TODAY'S kids growing up thinking everyone is doing it so I have to in order to make it. That's what the Steelers did to the NFL in the 70s and 80s so they're not my heroes)

Archived