THE BROWNS BOARD

Art Modell

why cant we win

i would compare 'being KICKED OUT of the league' as to what happened to SMU getting the death penalty. they were essentially kicked out of NCAA (league). it was a national event. everyone knew of it.

do you really think if modell was KICKED OUT of the NFL that it wouldn't have made national news? let's say jerry jones was KICKED OUT of the league, you don't think every football fan in america would know about it?

so you say he was forced to sell his team because he didn't have the financial resources, do you really compare that to being kicked out of the league? if anything all you have to compare to what happened to modell is what happened to the owner of the dodgers a year ago. he was forced to sell the team because of financial dealings and misdealings. yet he was not kicked out of the league. in fact i heard somewhere that he was a part of a financial group trying to buy some other franchise. can't find the source but will continue to look. so do you think if modell were to have hit a financial windfall and had lived for another 20 years the league would have stopped him from owning anothe NFL franchise? so how was he kicked out of the league?

i barely call that splitting hairs unless you're doing it with an axe.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would compare 'being KICKED OUT of the league' as to what happened to SMU getting the death penalty. they were essentially kicked out of NCAA (league). it was a national event. everyone knew of it.

do you really think if modell was KICKED OUT of the NFL that it wouldn't have made national news? let's say jerry jones was KICKED OUT of the league, you don't think every football fan in america would know about it?

I don't know about national news....but it surely made news here. Again, are you 12 years old such that you never heard about it.

so you say he was forced to sell his team because he didn't have the financial resources, do you really compare that to being kicked out of the league?

No, I am saying that it was NOT a voluntary decision on his part. He was "directed" by the Commish to sell.

Oh, perhaps at some point in time after Tags told him to sell he came to the realization that he didn't have the financial resources..but until that time he did every thing in his power to keep the team. He even put it in his wife's name I think.

I think it may be similar. Bud Selig directed McCourt to sell if I am not mistaken. (and I think even a DR court required it.

if anything all you have to compare to what happened to modell is what happened to the owner of the dodgers a year ago. he was forced to sell the team because of financial dealings and misdealings. yet he was not kicked out of the league. in fact i heard somewhere that he was a part of a financial group trying to buy some other franchise. can't find the source but will continue to look. so do you think if modell were to have hit a financial windfall and had lived for another 20 years the league would have stopped him from owning anothe NFL franchise? so how was he kicked out of the league?

i barely call that splitting hairs unless you're doing it with an axe.

http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/index.ssf/2012/09/art_modell_gateway_stadium.htm

PD article saying Cleveland officials offered to build Art a new stadium years before he moved the Browns,but Modell wasn't interested.

Kind of makes you think twice about the Baltimore article claiming Modell and Lerner conspired to swap teams / cities as early as 1985.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-10-04/news/1998277064_1_modell-moved-to-baltimore-lerner

OH, baloney.

He was kicked out of life, and dwells in the firey pits of hell.

and so goes the life of a right wing republican right wing zealot.

i guess forgiveness is a sin in your eyes.

i say relax, put your feet up, have a root beer and let's see what the future brings.

The only thing worse than Ravens fans sharing their opinion of the move, is Steeler fans sharing theirs. Shut the fuck up.

I hate the steelers. I am wearing that t-shirt every Sunday this year from now on. We will go 15-1.

Zombo

I understand that this is how many Browns fans "Choose" to see it. But that goes directly against anybody associated with Modell tells it, and it goes directly against what independent sources say.

I understand that to accept the version told by the people in the know forces Browns fans to accept that once Modell got out of Cleveland he was successful, maybe not financially but with the football program. And Cleveland, and the new Browns remain totally inept.

You're either a complete idiot or that's a really fail attempt to troll.

Please show me what the independent version is.

i say relax, put your feet up, have a root beer and let's see what the future brings. miktoxictotheboard

"yawn"

your response was purely emotional, and illogical.

I just have fun on the other forum. Grow some nads and slither over there if you want to be a part of it.

One... okay, maybe a couple, of people in the entire world that I've ever heard of, or met, or know...

that I have no respect for whatsoever, or just flat out won't forgive them for being globs of hippo poop like you,

and that means I don't forgive anybody.

I am usually always relazed, especially on Sundays when I put my feet up, and drink my root beer, with friends and family,

and wait to see the Browns start kicking ass on offense. The defense is doing a good bit of that already.

May fArt Schmodell rest in peace... in hell.dry.gif

i say relax, put your feet up, have a root beer and let's see what the future brings. miktoxictotheboard

"yawn"

your response was purely emotional, and illogical.

I just have fun on the other forum. Grow some nads and slither over there if you want to be a part of it.

One... okay, maybe a couple, of people in the entire world that I've ever heard of, or met, or know...

that I have no respect for whatsoever, or just flat out won't forgive them for being globs of hippo poop like you,

and that means I don't forgive anybody.

I am usually always relazed, especially on Sundays when I put my feet up, and drink my root beer, with friends and family,

and wait to see the Browns start kicking ass on offense. The defense is doing a good bit of that already.

May fArt Schmodell rest in peace... in hell.dry.gif

hey we might disagree on the politics of this country and that's cool. i'm sure modell's actions hit other people harder than it did me, so i can't disagree with your feelings, but i can make fun of them (nothing personal).

i literally laughed out loud with your last sentence in your post there. i know you are being serious but that is some funny shit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

who do write for letterman or leno??

Archived