THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 Obama's America Review

2016 Obama’s America

Rocky Mountain Pictures

PG

At the outset I should probably let you know that I didn't vote for President Obama last time and probably won't now. That said I don't believe he is an evil man or that all his ideas are bad. I've also seen all of Michael Moore's films and found them to be clever and entertaining for the most part yet rarely rising above common propaganda.

2016 and Moore's films, are meant to appeal to and frighten the base of two political entities.

I do, however, I get the feeling that the two film makers are approaching their point of view from very different angles. Moore has parlayed his liberal ideas into a multi million dollar empire all the while donning the facade of the regular shmoe. Wearing his trademark scruffy ball cap this guy will leave his extravagant accommodations to do a press conference in a hastily rented Holiday Inn Express room. Like the Springsteen line "a rich man and a poor man's shirt."

Arthur director and narrator Dinesh D'Souza was born in India but came to the United States and adopted it as his home. He seems to be operating from the fervent patriotism of a newcomer.

It may be that zeal that keeps 2016 from being as entertaining or it may just be that conservatives on the whole aren't very funny.

As a good liberal friend of mine points out the left usually does a better job with comedy.

Of course this film is meant to serve more as a warning than a laugh riot.

The bullet points covered here are the ones we've heard before.

We hear about the Communist, revolutionary an anti colonialist mentors in Obama's life among his family in Africa and also as a young man in the United States.

There is speculation as to the end game should his plans to eliminate the United States atomic arsenal come to fruition especially in the face of an increasingly nuclear Middle East.

There are also warnings of how the US exploding debt could prove disastrous to this nation’s status as economic and military superpower.

D’Souza lays it out in a somewhat dry manner and probably reveals a few things you didn’t know. Some of you will be angry or upset before you even see it, but I doubt this will change any minds.

I don’t get too frightened about anything in the political realm but there are things here to think about at least. Do you buy D’Souza’s conclusions or not.

No rating. You decide.

WSS

Archived