THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selected in the 2nd Round of the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft.

Your thoughts?

Good move in my opinion, at least we are doing something aggressive, getting one over the Redskins this time I think, Whether it was too much to give up, that wont be known for a year or two, or til you see what WR's come out in the 2nd round next year.But it is definitely a positive move and gives Weeden some decent looking weapons to push this club forward and to some play-off appearances very soon

Selected in the 2nd Round of the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft.

Your thoughts?

gordon-306x315.jpg

I don't mind drafting him, a 2nd is pretty high, was hoping for a 3rd or later round. If he works out no one will care where we drafted him.

This opens us up to do so much in the first round of next. We may have gone with WR and defense in the second. Now we can get a DE or LB in the top ten (I can't imagine winning much more than 5 with our schedule). We need defense badly now. It looks like our offense is set for a some time as log as we fill in one or two more holes (TE and probably right guard).

terrible....just terrible. one year of football under his belt and this kid is an upgrade?

lmao.....ya'll lost your flippin minds.

It is a gamble no doubt, if it works no one will care, however, I have low expectations this yr for him due to the missed time and already missed rookie camp etc. So he has his work cut out for him, probably be mid season at the earliest before we would see a lot of him on the field. But I am optimistic by next yr he could very well give us a dynamic receiving corps when paired with Little.

no it doesn't. it just means everyone is assuming this kid is gonna pan out, that measurables are equivalent to talent. not even close.

one year of football is all he's played......runs poor routes, slow off the line, gets jammed easily. huge upgrade there!! sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic prospect in the 2nd.

how can this not be a good move...lol. we just added another receiver that cant run a route tree.

no it doesn't. it just means everyone is assuming this kid is gonna pan out, that measurables are equivalent to talent. not even close. one year of football is all he's played......runs poor routes, slow off the line, gets jammed easily. huge upgrade there!! sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic prospect in the 2nd.how can this not be a good move...lol. we just added another receiver that cant run a route tree.

Sounds like YOU know more than ALL of the guys running the Browns. Damn, that's our problem, we need YOU to run our team.

You just defined every single draft pick ever. No one knows how any of them will do. Period. Everyone rolls the dice.

fail. wasn't talking about any picks.....rather, the silly segment of fans see an upgrade from a prospect with one season of experience..... presumably based on his size and speed (which isn't that fast anyway). this isn't me talking about any of the prospects....this is me laughing at the massive amounts of idiots that think we've fixed our WR problem by adding an inexperienced pot smoker that can run.

oh yeah....coly mccoy is going to the pro-bopwl this year too....he won all kinds of games in college. he'll be awesome in brown and orange....

lmao....

fail. wasn't talking about any picks.....rather, the silly segment of fans see an upgrade from a prospect with one season of experience..... presumably based on his size and speed (which isn't that fast anyway). this isn't me talking about any of the prospects....this is me laughing at the massive amounts of idiots that think we've fixed our WR problem by adding an inexperienced pot smoker that can run.

oh yeah....coly mccoy is going to the pro-bopwl this year too....he won all kinds of games in college. he'll be awesome in brown and orange....

lmao....

There are just some fans that love bitching and can never be happy. Its almost as if those people want the Browns to fail.

no it doesn't. it just means everyone is assuming this kid is gonna pan out, that measurables are equivalent to talent. not even close.

one year of football is all he's played......runs poor routes, slow off the line, gets jammed easily. huge upgrade there!! sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic prospect in the 2nd.

how can this not be a good move...lol. we just added another receiver that cant run a route tree.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with anyone reading the scouting reports claiming he's better than Kendall Wright, who you and everyone else blew their loads over. Or the scouting reports claiming he has more physical tools than anyone in this draft- Blackmon, Quick, Floyd, Wright, Jeffery, Randle etc. Or the reports from two different AFC scouts saying that had he come out this season, he would have been graded ahead of nearly every WR nearly guaranteeing him a first round pick.

It also has nothing to do with the fact that he posted nearly the same exact numbers as Greg Little did in his pro day...with an injured hamstring.

We've spent the last ten years adding players with questionable talent who were technically sound and that has gotten us nowhere.

I'm sure you wanted us to save that second round pick for next season where we could package it and trade back for 4 fifth rounders, because as we all know... it's quantity over quality. No risks, and a roster filled with 5th round talent, that's the formula to a winning team.

We don't have free agency appeal right now, what we have is draft picks. What we need are playmakers. This is what we needed to do.

It has been a brilliant off-season IMO.

Zombo

lmao....

So all of the other picks will be fantastic because of their measurables (which is all anyone has to go on for draft picks), but this kid will be terrible because measurables don't equate to NFL success?

And this kid isn't going to be any good because he has nothing on his college resume, yet neither will Colt McCoy because...he has too much on his college resume?

You contradict yourself every time you respond. Do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.

How is this any different than adding someone in the draft? It's not..that's how.

The only leg you have to stand on is that he got caught smoking pot...once. And has since passed two drug tests at Utah and passed a surprise drug test before his pro day. And he posted an impressive Wonderlic score as well.

Fact is, he impressed Holmgren and Heckert enough after having dinner with them for them to pull the trigger on him.

But..but...but...he got caught smoking pot. He's a bad guy. I don't want da big black pot smokers on my team.

Well it looks like Colt and Carlton Mitchell are headed to greener pastures. I don't see him as an upgrade over Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill or even Marvin Mcnutt... With some pretty nice names at WR next year would have prefered waiting for someone like Justin Hunter. Besides his 12" hands nothing remarkable as Jim Brown would say. If we could have gotten him at 3 or 4 i wouldn't mind but a 2nd rounder for us is like a 1st rounder for some other teams. I think they are just trying to appease the fan base and try to get to the playoffs quicker...not sur this one will pay off though...hope i'm wrong.

Interesting comment from a CFL scout . They had Josh Gordon rated over Stephen Hill. I hate the idea of tossing 2's around, but if he was rated anywhere near Stephen Hill it doesnt sound too bad. Welcome aboard Josh!

lambdo

Gordon is a starter right now.. he's got better hands, is faster, and runs better routes than Massadrop. Yes, he'll probably lead the league in drops/target like Little did - and for the same reason - but his ceiling is 10x higher than Massaquoi's ever was.

Little/Gordon/Norwood/Cribbs/MoMa/Mitchell would be the 6 WR's I'd go to battle with this year. Cooper on the taxi squad.

If this was the normal draft, Gordon is a 1st rounder. He fell asleep in a car where there was pot.. big deal.

I think we finally have a Front Office that will take a chance to improve & I am excited with this move. What I was afraid of most was that we would wait until the 3rd & one of the already solid teams would jump on him late in the 2nd. I have literally no doubt that would have happened had we waited.

Look at it this way...we didn't wait, hoping they were there later, for T Rich, Weeden, Schwartz, & now Gordon. I applaud this aggressive Team building.....It's long over due, but it's happening NOW!

Mike

Archived