THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns 2009 NFL Draft

Mr. T

Draft Needs of the Cleveland Browns From Drew Wynne,

Picks by Round: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, plus any compensatory picks that may be awarded.

Urgent: The Cleveland Browns desperately need a dominant 3-4 rush outside linebacker as Willie McGinest is 37 and Kamerion Wimbley so far could be called a bust. The Browns also need a franchise corner to pair with Eric Wright.

Strong: The Browns badly need a new right offensive tackle and right offensive guard to jump start their offense.

Moderate: A new young runner, two new safties, a new inside linebacker to pair with D'Qwell Jackson, and a new starting center would also help the team.

Nice to Have: Depth at wide receiver, offensive tackle, 3-4 defensive end, and cornerback would help.

Wildcard: Will wide receiver Braylon Edwards and tight end Kellen Winslow be healthy and again able to dominate defenses?

and we always have Free Agency for who is available click here

Strong: The Browns badly need a new right offensive tackle and right offensive guard to jump start their offense. here

This may be way out in left field, but the Rams are probably going to release Orlando Pace for salary reasons. I think he's 33 and coming off two injury seasons, but ... maybe coming back to Ohio as a right tackle could rejuvenate his career for a few years and serve as a stopgap until we can draft a right tackle that can take over?

Zombo

Picks by Round: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, plus any compensatory picks that may be awarded.

Urgent: The Cleveland Browns desperately need a dominant 3-4 rush outside linebacker as Willie McGinest is 37 and Kamerion Wimbley so far could be called a bust. The Browns also need a franchise corner to pair with Eric Wright.

Strong: The Browns badly need a new right offensive tackle and right offensive guard to jump start their offense.

Moderate: A new young runner, two new safties, a new inside linebacker to pair with D'Qwell Jackson, and a new starting center would also help the team.

Nice to Have: Depth at wide receiver, offensive tackle, 3-4 defensive end, and cornerback would help.

Wildcard: Will wide receiver Braylon Edwards and tight end Kellen Winslow be healthy and again able to dominate defenses?

and we always have Free Agency for who is available click here

I'd say Center should be up in the urgent or strong. fraley got knocked around quite a bit this year. He really shoed the wear and tear of his many years in the trenches. Poole has developed well at safety, but also in the urgent or strong should be a safety to replace Jones. He is a FA and wants big bucks over 4 to 6 years. I don't think he is worth rsigning for what he wants. If Tucker can return to 100% he will help at Guard or Tackle but he says he only wants to play two more years. I agree that LB is our strongest need and think we will have to make a trade to get some more picks and reduce our cap hit so we can have enough room to sign a free agent ILB or OLB or maybe a safety.

And, it is a must that we hit on both our #1 and #2 picks because we got a lot of holes that got to be filled.

I'd say Center should be up in the urgent or strong. fraley got knocked around quite a bit this year. He really shoed the wear and tear of his many years in the trenches. Poole has developed well at safety, but also in the urgent or strong should be a safety to replace Jones. He is a FA and wants big bucks over 4 to 6 years. I don't think he is worth rsigning for what he wants. If Tucker can return to 100% he will help at Guard or Tackle but he says he only wants to play two more years. I agree that LB is our strongest need and think we will have to make a trade to get some more picks and reduce our cap hit so we can have enough room to sign a free agent ILB or OLB or maybe a safety.

And, it is a must that we hit on both our #1 and #2 picks because we got a lot of holes that got to be filled.

The key to the O-Line would be how healthy Tucker is. If we have him back 100% we should do fine there and it is wise to have a quality back-up center.

Yeah sorry, teams that spend like drunken sailors in FA don't get awarded with comp picks, especially when they don't lose any high priced UFA's of their own.

Yeah sorry, teams that spend like drunken sailors in FA don't get awarded with comp picks, especially when they don't lose any high priced UFA's of their own.

Pretty sure the Browns have more cap room than the Steelers.

Four of your o-lineman are free agents (3 UFA, 1 RFA). It's not good having so much discontinuity on your o-line...even if they kinda suck,

Ahh, so it starts again. Tell me where did I hear that the Steelers D-line and O-line would not be good enough this year??? Steelers started 4 different O-linemen from last year this year, and it was good enough to get them to where they are now. They have 2 current starting OL as UFA (Starks & Kemo) and 1 as a RFA (Colon). They will sign at least 2 if not all 3 plus add more in the draft. Again, $20 million under the cap and only 2 good players (Starks, McFadden)and 2 marginal players (Washington, Kemoeatu) are UFA's. Plus they have 9 draft picks including two 3rd rounders to fill in some small holes. Time to re-load yet again.... Steelers will be better next year than this year, plus the schedule is much easier. Baltimore crapped out and drew the Pats and Colts for next year while the Steelers get away with the much easier Tits and Dolphins.

Ahh, so it starts again. Tell me where did I hear that the Steelers D-line and O-line would not be good enough this year??? Steelers started 4 different O-linemen from last year this year, and it was good enough to get them to where they are now. They have 2 current starting OL as UFA (Starks & Kemo) and 1 as a RFA (Colon). They will sign at least 2 if not all 3 plus add more in the draft. Again, $20 million under the cap and only 2 good players (Starks, McFadden)and 2 marginal players (Washington, Kemoeatu) are UFA's. Plus they have 9 draft picks including two 3rd rounders to fill in some small holes. Time to re-load yet again.... Steelers will be better next year than this year, plus the schedule is much easier. Baltimore crapped out and drew the Pats and Colts for next year while the Steelers get away with the much easier Tits and Dolphins.

But you have to admit, it wasn't the O-line that got them where they are now. One thing did, as it always does. Defense.

Archived