THE BROWNS BOARD

Kamerion Wimbley

KardiacKid26

I predict he will shake your 'bust' label under a new coaching staff. He was too talented his rookie year to just fall off the face of the football field.

Agreed. I refuse to judge any player (other than DA) until we see how they respond to a new coaching philosophy.

Mike

Guest Aloysius

I sure hope so.

And Rob Ryan seems to be the guy to rescue Wimbley. After all, this is the guy who got 8 sacks out of Chris Clemons in '07 and 5 sacks out of 6th Round rookie Trevor Scott in '08.

If he can turn late rounders and special teams guys into decent rushers, it's possible that he can do the same with a guy who once looked like a Pro Bowl rush backer.

Agreed. I refuse to judge any player (other than DA) until we see how they respond to a new coaching philosophy.

Mike

I refuse to judge any player period at this point even edwards...the coaching/mentoring has been so bad and the defense has been so misaligned and the talent horribly under utilized in every way imaginable..so im reserving judgement until the new regime makes some decisions concerning some slackers and less than talented individuals that will be sent packing..

This browns team is worse than the 90's bengals loaded with potential but some selfish players that need to be purged..

Mangini is a guy that wont accept a half effort on the field so its going to be interesting...if he brings romeo back as a line coach expect romeo to protect his buddies/players and create locker room problems..we know romeo can keep a secret exceptionally well..

Wimbley has 2 yrs in the league...one he was in the running for ROY, the next he suffered as teams schemed for him and nobody was there to pick up the slack for him.

At worst, I call that the Sophomore Slump.

He will be here....and I am willing to bet if we get another playmaker on the D, he will be back to 1st yr productivity.

I refuse to judge any player period at this point even edwards...the coaching/mentoring has been so bad and the defense has been so misaligned and the talent horribly under utilized in every way imaginable..so im reserving judgement until the new regime makes some decisions concerning some slackers and less than talented individuals that will be sent packing..

This browns team is worse than the 90's bengals loaded with potential but some selfish players that need to be purged..

Mangini is a guy that wont accept a half effort on the field so its going to be interesting...if he brings romeo back as a line coach expect romeo to protect his buddies/players and create locker room problems..we know romeo can keep a secret exceptionally well..

Well said.

I keep PRAYING another team hires RAC . He appears to be a good MAN & wouldn't PURPOSELY undercut Mangini, but his mere presence WOULD create problems. Lerner is making the right moves by searching for a unified managemant/coaching team...PLEASE let's not create division by keeping RAC around.

Mike

I agree with most here. Let's see how he responds to the new coaches.

D lineman traditionally take a year or two to get up to full speed, even the good ones. He's had flashes of excellence, so the only thing to do is hang in there.

Example: Justin Tuck's stats 2005 and 2006 totally different than 2007 and 2008.

Year Team..............G Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng

2008 New York Giants 16 67 52 15 12.0 0 2 1 1 41 41.0 41T

2007 New York Giants 16 65 48 17 10.0 -- 2 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2006 New York Giants 6 10 6 4 0.0 -- 0 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2005 New York Giants 14 31 26 5 1.0 -- 1 -- -- -- 0.0 --

Guest Masters
Wimbley has 2 yrs in the league...one he was in the running for ROY, the next he suffered as teams schemed for him and nobody was there to pick up the slack for him.

At worst, I call that the Sophomore Slump.

He will be here....and I am willing to bet if we get another playmaker on the D, he will be back to 1st yr productivity.

Actually he just completed year 3. So he's had a sophmore and junior slump, as far as rushing the passer. But I tend to think it was scheme against and lack of creativity in any and all pass rush by CLE.

Archived