THE BROWNS BOARD

CPD offers some DA perspective, Lumbergh hangs in balance.

Guest mz.

via Rotoworld, commenting on a CPD piece.

The paper confirms that Cleveland will be on the hook if D.A. is cut before then, but another team will take on the guarantee if Anderson is dealt. This may make trading Anderson one of Eric Mangini's first priorities. If the Browns can't find a taker, Anderson and Brady Quinn will likely compete to start.

BTW, thanks for thinking of me when writing this post mz the pussy, you BQ Fag you.

I'm a Browns Fag, like the rest of us. Not a BQ Fag. We're downright Faggy for the Browns. I want what's best for my man-crush, the Cleveland Browns, and your boy ain't it. I'm not sure how much more clear we need to make this.

ok shep so his passer rating..... BQ had a 22 qb rating during his last game.... that passer rating is not the only way to measure a qb, Denver let EVERY qb last year rate over 100 against them. Do you think all of those qbs are good? jamarcus russel who threw 13 total tds last year and 8 ints you remember the number one overall pick....

You are so biased and most of our fanbase is enamoured with a kid who in three games did not exactly light it up nor did he in preseason. Blame DA as the problem when he was not supported by any sort of consistent running game..... no recievers just winslow and a terrible o coordinator along with injuries. I always thought football was a team game.

Guest Aloysius
ok shep so his passer rating..... BQ had a 22 qb rating during his last game.... that passer rating is not the only way to measure a qb, Denver let EVERY qb last year rate over 100 against them. Do you think all of those qbs are good? jamarcus russel who threw 13 total tds last year and 8 ints you remember the number one overall pick....

That's not true. Favre had a passer rating of 60.9, Pennington had a QBR of 68.9, Matt Ryan's was 71.5, Jeff Garcia 83.7, Jake Delhomme 93.9...

You're right that Denver's defense was absolutely horrid this year. But a first start QBR of 104.3 is still very impressive.

We have bickered about his ability and status enough.

The important thing now is to get a handle on the contract.

As I have said before, my personal feeling is it is going to be hard for Mangini or whoever to trade the guy until after we pay the bonus.....what incentive does a team have to pay the 5 mil when they can wait for the browns to pay him...apparently just cutting him won't save the Browns any money.

I do think the best thing is to get rid of DA if we are going to move forward with Quinn. Inside the team there are some splintered groups as to who should play QB....Fraley as an example was pretty vocal about DA and the fight with Smith in a round about way is an example of some maybe not feeling Quinn is their leader....and it will probably stay that way as long as DA is around.

I guess the 5 mil can be viewed a few ways....if we manage a trade before the money is due and another team picks up the tab, the price for DA will have to be at a steep discount. If we pay the bonus, it seems to me we can get a better choice...I still don't think a 2nd is out of the question...a reach possibly, but not out of the question seeing the position and some of the numbers the guy has proven he is capable of producing.

So I guess the question is would you pay a team 5 million dollars for a 3rd round pick? Forget DA for a moment....if a team said pay us 5 million and we will give you our 3rd round pick, would you do it?? I think I would.

Now, if we pay the cash and only get 6th round offers, then we are at a crossroads....do we just dump Anderson (a 6th rounder is as good as dumping) and go out and find another QB and pay him something...probably about what Anderson is going to make as a base this year plus some sort of additional bonus, or do we just keep Anderson and not seek a FA qb??

I think we will pay the bonus and hold out for a 3rd rounder...maybe 4th rounder if it is fairly high in the round....or just keep DA on board for the foreseeable future.

...or not. Nice commentary rotoworld, err, Tony Grossi.

BTW, thanks for thinking of me when writing this post mz the pussy, you BQ Fag you.

Keep convincing yourself that Browns fans are lifelong BQ Fags and born to hate Oregon QB's.

Hey, whatever works for ya Sweetcheeks,

I keep telling myself I'm well hung.

Keep convincing yourself that Browns fans are lifelong BQ Fags and born to hate Oregon QB's.

Hey, whatever works for ya Sweetcheeks,

I keep telling myself I'm well hung.

I could see DA doing well in a place like Detroit where he has someone like Calvin Johnson. He can just heave it to a general spot on the field, and let CJ go up and get it.

Same thing in Carolina with Steve Smith.

If you ask him to function outside of the 'heave' parameters (like 'manage', 'control') that's not his style.

sev how many times to we have to go over this Quinn.

1) He was STARTING against Denver. What did DA look like his first starts this year? As I recall the excuses flowed of 'he missed' preseason. Let's see - Quinn had taken but a couple snaps with the first team for EIGHT weeks and was still able to post a 100+ rating. Every QB that Denver faced wasn't a guy getting his first start.

2) Quinn was hurt. Let me ask what DAs rating was in the game where Quinn's was 22? How about the games afterwards.

Quit slobbing Anderson's knob. You're worse than Lumbergh, who will at least admit he's nothing more than a fan of Anderson. You keep trying to 'pretend' to be a Browns fan.

I'm just going to lob this out there....

How about a trade to Arizona? Watching Fitzgerald last week reminded me how a great receiver can make a QB look like an all-pro. Warner maybe has one more season in him, maybe not. They are a pass first offense and seem to handle the pick or two a game that DA is going to throw as something that's just going to happen.

I could see DA doing well in a place like Detroit where he has someone like Calvin Johnson. He can just heave it to a general spot on the field, and let CJ go up and get it.

Same thing in Carolina with Steve Smith.

If you ask him to function outside of the 'heave' parameters (like 'manage', 'control') that's not his style.

sev how many times to we have to go over this Quinn.

1) He was STARTING against Denver. What did DA look like his first starts this year? As I recall the excuses flowed of 'he missed' preseason. Let's see - Quinn had taken but a couple snaps with the first team for EIGHT weeks and was still able to post a 100+ rating. Every QB that Denver faced wasn't a guy getting his first start.

2) Quinn was hurt. Let me ask what DAs rating was in the game where Quinn's was 22? How about the games afterwards.

Quit slobbing Anderson's knob. You're worse than Lumbergh, who will at least admit he's nothing more than a fan of Anderson. You keep trying to 'pretend' to be a Browns fan.

Lem, I think you quoted the wrong post. Them's fightin' words there.

I still can't think of ANY precedent where a team drafts a quarterback in round one and then never really starts him over any significant period of time.

I can. In fact Quinn's long lost relative Heath Shuler only got 13 starts before the Redskins cut him.

And in case you didn't see it in the other thread...

Art Schlichter (4th overall pick, 6 career starts)

Todd Marinovich (24th overall pick, 8 career starts)

Dan McGwire (16th overall pick, 5 career starts)

Andre Ware (7th overall pick, 6 career starts)

Jim Druckenmiller (26th overall pick, 1 career start)

Asshole. And a stupid one at that.

Great examples! Schlister (sp) was a gambling addict, Marinovich a drug addict, McGwire was over-hyped from a crap football program, Ware was a run-and-shoot QB, and Druckenmiller was a accused of rape.

The only thing Quinn is addicted to is EAS, as far as I can tell.

Great examples! Schlister (sp) was a gambling addict, Marinovich a drug addict, McGwire was over-hyped from a crap football program, Ware was a run-and-shoot QB, and Druckenmiller was a accused of rape.

So where's that leave guys who merely start fights in gay bars and then get punched in the face by teammates in the locker room?

your right Aloy, ok 11 out of 16 games and no I am not impressed with dump off passes under 10 yards except for one against a terrible pass defense. the next two games people want to hold on to the injury excuse was teams playing tight to take away his dump off under 10 yards and his numbers plummeted.

Its the FANS not the professionals who get paid to play,coach and evaluate that need to get over the DA dillemma. IF he is traded which by the way shep was gauranteeing which does not look likely nor logical and the same crowd the year before was talking the same thing which again they were wrong, the browns are really going to pin all hopes on a kid who in 4 preseason games could not throw ONE legitimate touchdown and played like crap his last two games and ONLY threw ONE pass over ten yards against Denver? That would make PERFECT sense.

DA is a legitimate Backup or starter, BQ is an unknown... DA did not have ANY consistent recievers except for ONE tight end and no rushing game or good oline play this year. How does that not get factored in? Wait third string 5-9 steptoe and Sanders who was cut TWICE by us... Stallworth maybe played ONE or two games with da and Edwards well that needs no comment. How was Jamal this year? Fans need to get over draft hype and think logically, keeping DA and talking about MOney when Brady is getting paid backup money due to his contract is illogical.

we were playing 3-4th string qbs having two promising qbs when we can clearly afford it thanks to BQ's holdout is only smart. BQ fans just see DA in the way and not looking at the team needs.

IF he is traded which by the way shep was gauranteeing which does not look likely nor logical and the same crowd the year before was talking the same thing which again they were wrong

I believe shep actually bet his left testicle that Anderson would be CUT from the roster so they wouldn't have to pay his roster bonus.

Whoops.

Archived