THE BROWNS BOARD

Is this Bpard Comedy Central or

rich4eagle

Are we gonna focus on winnng or just fuque around...............best guess so far is fquaqe around...........let's do way better................WINNING IS A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE NOT PISSING ON THOSE WHO BEAT THE SELHEIT OUT OF US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the latter is a BIG TIME LOSER

There is a difference between hating the Steelers and thinking they stink. Nobody serious here think they stink, as much as we hate them.

And we're, for the most part, following a downtrodden franchise here. If we didn't have some fun with it, being a Browns fan these days would, well, suck.

My guess based on behavior for now quite some time...........sorry folks .........it is comedy central NFL

Rich it seems to me some of the guys on this board buy anything the front office is selling them

I can remember all the post about wanting Spags and McDaniels and wanting Pioli and wanting a guy with a aggressive defense, then we hire Mangini and now most fans are talking about what a great move it was and that Belichek won his 2nd time around and blah blah blah, but they don't tell you that only 8 head coaches have been hired immediately after they were fired and only 2 of those coaches had winning records at there 2nd job.

We have guys like Masters and Ytown who are wrong 99% of the time and post like they have worked for a NFL team

This year how many posters were posting that the Browns would win the division? they never come out and admit they are wrong, guys claiming this offense would be awesome, the o-line was a top 5 line in the league, the Ravens or Steelers would be battling for last place, the AFC North was changing and the Browns would rule.

How many times have you heard the Steelers and Ravens fear the Browns.....What is there to fear, the Browns have not won anything since the 80's

How many times do I have to hear about all the championships we won......how many years was that 40 something years ago, what championships have the Browns won in the last 40+ years

We are told of the rivalry between the Steelers and now the Ravens......what rivalry, you have to win sometimes to have a rivalry

Rich I visit many other cities and when you mention the Browns people are laughing at us as a joke of a franchise yet people claim we are the greatest football fans in the NFL, we are great for being fooled by the front office every year, as a diehard Browns fans this just makes me sick that we can't put a decent team on the field, I don't want to hear about what we did 40+ years ago I want a winner now, it makes me sick that we have never appeared in a Super Bowl game but the fans want to talk about all our championships some 40 years ago, until the fans demand excellence we will continue to get the crap the front office puts on the field every year.

This franchise is no better than the Bengals and the Lions we like to laugh at.

This year how many posters were posting that the Browns would win the division? they never come out and admit they are wrong

I was wrong.

guys claiming this offense would be awesome

I was wrong.

the o-line was a top 5 line in the league

I was wrong.

the Ravens or Steelers would be battling for last place

Nah, that was the Bengals, and that wasn't a tough call.

A sense of humor might be beneficial, folks.

Guest Masters
Are we gonna focus on winnng or just fuque around...............best guess so far is fquaqe around...........let's do way better................WINNING IS A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE NOT PISSING ON THOSE WHO BEAT THE SELHEIT OUT OF US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the latter is a BIG TIME LOSER

Who on this board can focus on the Browns winning? Last time I checked no one here was part of the actual organization. Delusional as always Rich.

Guest Masters
Rich it seems to me some of the guys on this board buy anything the front office is selling them

I can remember all the post about wanting Spags and McDaniels and wanting Pioli and wanting a guy with a aggressive defense, then we hire Mangini and now most fans are talking about what a great move it was and that Belichek won his 2nd time around and blah blah blah, but they don't tell you that only 8 head coaches have been hired immediately after they were fired and only 2 of those coaches had winning records at there 2nd job.

We have guys like Masters and Ytown who are wrong 99% of the time and post like they have worked for a NFL team

This year how many posters were posting that the Browns would win the division? they never come out and admit they are wrong, guys claiming this offense would be awesome, the o-line was a top 5 line in the league, the Ravens or Steelers would be battling for last place, the AFC North was changing and the Browns would rule.

How many times have you heard the Steelers and Ravens fear the Browns.....What is there to fear, the Browns have not won anything since the 80's

How many times do I have to hear about all the championships we won......how many years was that 40 something years ago, what championships have the Browns won in the last 40+ years

We are told of the rivalry between the Steelers and now the Ravens......what rivalry, you have to win sometimes to have a rivalry

Rich I visit many other cities and when you mention the Browns people are laughing at us as a joke of a franchise yet people claim we are the greatest football fans in the NFL, we are great for being fooled by the front office every year, as a diehard Browns fans this just makes me sick that we can't put a decent team on the field, I don't want to hear about what we did 40+ years ago I want a winner now, it makes me sick that we have never appeared in a Super Bowl game but the fans want to talk about all our championships some 40 years ago, until the fans demand excellence we will continue to get the crap the front office puts on the field every year.

Aww... thanks for calling me out. Seeing as how you add zero value or input, other than bitching about everything, I'll take it as a compliment.

Guest Ghoolie

Sonny, it has been that way for ages. The city of Cleveldn screwed themselves when they allowed Modell to fall on such hard times. All I ever heard is how bad he was. SO people got their wish.

The majority of the posters here, you excluded are incapable of thinking for themselves. They don't realize that the NFL NEVER gives ANY ex coach a bad rating and in fact fluffs them up so they can all get jobs and happily keep quiet about how screwed up the Browns are.

Why The Fook is Lerner hiring coaches? What does he know about football? WTF is it with ex PAtriots coffee fetchers?

This franchise is the worst in the history of the NFL.

They don't realize that the NFL NEVER gives ANY ex coach a bad rating and in fact fluffs them up so they can all get jobs

Umm....sure. OK.

You are what we thought you were. Why don't we just crown your ass right now? But you are what we thought you were; and we let you off the hook.

And I'm sure Marinelli's phone is ringing off the hook as well.

My guess based on behavior for now quite some time...........sorry folks .........it is comedy central NFL

nice thread goober...It fits you well....

Sony, you still haven't answered the question I posed to you in several other threads.

When did you become such a huge blubbering vagina?

I mean, seriously, I don't remember you being this negative, and having this much vitriol towards your fellow fans. Are you trying to emulate Rich and Ghoolie?

Can you even comprehend what it would take for Lerner to sell the team? What kind of effort would be needed? We would basically have to pretend it's 1995 all over again and just go about our lives as if the Browns didn't exist.

And that's not going to happen, ever.

All of us have bitched and moaned about this team at one point or another, the difference from the normal folks and assholes is that the assholes actually get pissed at the normal folks for not only wanting the team to do well, but to be optimistic that it can happen.

I just don't get it. Maybe your going through a divorce or something, but seriously your attitude sucks balls and adds nothing to the conversation. So until you change it just expect to be treated with the same respect as Ghoolie and Rich.

Let me say that because I love the Browns and am a huge fan that I have to continue to take this crap that the front office is giving us.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING........

What is there for me to be optimistic about? Should I be happy we hired a guy like Mangini?

I refuse to be a HOMER AND DRINK THE KOOL AID ABOUT THE BROWNS, UNTIL I SEE IMPROVEMENT ON THE FIELD.

Now you can get upset with me I really don't care I am posting how I feel and you can either respect my opinion or diss me.

Inspecta, do you know what its felt like the past 9 years going to the stadium every Sunday to watch the crap the front office as provided, do you know how much I have spent on Browns gear over the years and to be given a sh***y product.

The problem I find with most Browns fans is they will complain and thats all they will do, the Browns will not get another dollar off me until I see a change on the field. As long as the fans continue to shell out the dollars this front office is not going to be concerned with what us Browns fans feel or think, the front office is more concerned with making as much money as they can make and trying to become the Cleveland version of the NE Patriots.

Dude, I completely understand and agree with what you've just said. And I've always thought you were a good poster, but lately you've been a condecending tool towards everybody, just like Rich and Ghoolie.

We're all frustrated, and I'm happy my father hasn't had to see the last 9 years, but I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave. It's a travesty that we've been reduced to what we have, but at the same time, we are still fans and still hope for the best.

I don't think Mangini was such a bad pick we should just be conceding the season already. There are a lot of good things, and bad things about his coaching style. Bottom line is that this is a guy with coaching experience, who is young and smart. Will it work out? I have no idea, based on our history it doesn't look good, but that's just being a browns fan. Nothing has worked since our return, so we tend to be pessimistic that anything short of Jesus coaching the team will work.

^^^ Very Well said!

^^^ Very Well said!

I still say it's the Modell Curse, because he fired Paul Brown.

If we're gonna suck, at LEAST beat Pittsburgh, Cincy, Balt, & Denver next season.

...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING........

We all are. Right there with you. But there's no need to be miserable from now until next fall, when we'll then have a whiff of how this will all shake out.

Let's hope for 8-10 wins, dream about 11, and pray it's not another losing season.

You want to talk about drinking Kool Aid, come to my house during any family party and watch Notre Dame Kool-Aid being bonged. Every year, the ND alums have 9-10 wins figured out with miles of emails and boards as to why it will happen. No reality whatsoever. When Weis was on the hot-seat at the end of the season, they had Urban Meyer on his way. :blink:

Anywho, I've not heard anyone here talk about winning the division, the AFC, or going deep into the playoffs. We might be sipping a little with hopes of 8-10 wins, but I don't think expectations are over the top yet. (Although, if we nail the draft, get something for DA, and pick up a nice FA or two, then I'll probably chug at least one pint of the Browns ale).

Dude, I completely understand and agree with what you've just said. And I've always thought you were a good poster, but lately you've been a condecending tool towards everybody, just like Rich and Ghoolie.

We're all frustrated, and I'm happy my father hasn't had to see the last 9 years, but I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave. It's a travesty that we've been reduced to what we have, but at the same time, we are still fans and still hope for the best.

I don't think Mangini was such a bad pick we should just be conceding the season already. There are a lot of good things, and bad things about his coaching style. Bottom line is that this is a guy with coaching experience, who is young and smart. Will it work out? I have no idea, based on our history it doesn't look good, but that's just being a browns fan. Nothing has worked since our return, so we tend to be pessimistic that anything short of Jesus coaching the team will work.

Specta, we be good, its just the frustration has got the best of me, I was so excited about this season and feel like I was just had my heart snatched out by this organization. We all thought this was the year and we over hyped our players, I recall making a post after the last pre season game warning that this team was reading all its press clips and television reviews and would fall boy did I wish I was wrong, but you could see it if you watched things this pre season.

My I don't have confidence in anything Randy Lerner does regarding the football team, we all have seen how the RAC & Savage fiasco turned out, and now I ask you and others what qualifications does Lerner have for hiring a head coach when he does not have the expertise in that field? thats why I am upset with the Mangini hire because he did it so quick without talking to other guys and the last time he was so impressed in a interview we got RAC who IMO could not go a High School team.

And what really bothers me is. WHY be so condescending and down right arrogant to those who WANT to see things in a positive light?? Why constantly attack people for hoping for the best? People like Ghoolie and Sonny have this incredibly mistaken belief that we as fans have some sort of control over who is hired by how loud we complain or how loud we push for something. Well how's that done for you so far? MOST fans wanted Cowher, some wanted Marty, some wanted a young guy. NO ONE was clamoring for Mangini. And yet that's who we got. So then I agree with you. What good does it now do as a fan to get so upset by this hire that you concede next year and spend every minute of your time whining and complaining "here we go again"? Will that affect who Lerner hired next time if Mangini fails? Hell no.

Do I beleive Mangini will be sucessful? I have absolutely no clue. But I for one am going to try and look on the BRIGHT side of things for at least a little while.

This is what I like to hear. I'm in the military and have lived in three different countries.... and half a dozen states over the last 9 years. Browns Backers and fans all over the globe... and meet those from Cleveland as well who are still die hard Browns fans. See... this is one thing I've always cherished about our beloved City... we ARE the greatest fans in football. We fought to bring our team back and we've stuck behind our team through decades of sucking ass and watching our many qb's eat grass. But thats what makes the Cleveland fan... THE greatest fan in sports.... we still stick behind our team waiting on that day we... can bring a championship back to our city. I'm fairly new to this board... and I must say... the negativity I'm running across on here is a huge dissapointment for me. Kudos to those here... who are TRUE Cleveland Browns fans... all you other nay sayers... go ride the Baltimore/Steeler Bandwagon. I'll still be sporting my Orange and Brown on every Sunday.

Guest Masters
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING........

Didn't realize you were playing the games. It's a spectator sport. A hobby to watch and follow. If you are taking Browns losses/wins to the point that they reflect on you or mean something that deep in your personal life, I'd recommend some self evaluation or finding a new hobby.

Rich and Ghoolie....will go out of there way to poo poo any choices for the HC, OC, DC so if they do not do well....they can jump up and down screaming they were right all along....they can bitch about current guys ad nauseum and scream and bitch loud as they can....then if they fail....hurrah they are the smartest guys around and you hear about it....If they do well? They do not post. Really... did you hear from rich or ghoolie when WE(for MM) went 10-6? Ghoolie was out shopping with his girlfriend or playing the skin flute. Get real!

Rich and Ghoolie....will go out of there way to poo poo any choices for the HC, OC, DC so if they do not do well....they can jump up and down screaming they were right all along....they can bitch about current guys ad nauseum and scream and bitch loud as they can....then if they fail....hurrah they are the smartest guys around and you hear about it....If they do well? They do not post. Really... did you hear from rich or ghoolie when WE(for MM) went 10-6? Ghoolie was out shopping with his girlfriend or playing the skin flute. Get real!

grumpy old men?

The Browns are an expansion team. We need to quit comparing them to the "old or "original" Browns. Cleveland simply named their new team the Browns and brought back the orange and brown.

We get too caught up in this tradition garbage and forget that the team actually related to our old tradition moved to Baltimore. It sucks to be as bad as we've been but looking back at how things once were does us NOTHING.

Forget the past and let Mangini do his thing. Whining about the past or whatever is sad. Let's face it. We have NO CLUE if our new staff will be good or bad. The same that Broncos fans are clueless about their new staff...let's wait and see before we go nuts and end up sounding stupid.

Good post Sony that about sums up reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grumpy old men?

Not so Mr. T...........accurate old men.......demanding a competitive winning franchise and never getting it and being totally accurate in predicting just why the stink is ever present....meanwhile.............what we have here is DUMBASS YOUNG MEN SALUTING LOSING

and thanks Inspecta to have the courage to repeat with accuracy instead of throwing more shit on the wall of what my position as always is..................this time it is so funny

The Browns are an expansion team. We need to quit comparing them to the "old or "original" Browns. Cleveland simply named their new team the Browns and brought back the orange and brown.

We get too caught up in this tradition garbage and forget that the team actually related to our old tradition moved to Baltimore. It sucks to be as bad as we've been but looking back at how things once were does us NOTHING.

Forget the past and let Mangini do his thing. Whining about the past or whatever is sad. Let's face it. We have NO CLUE if our new staff will be good or bad. The same that Broncos fans are clueless about their new staff...let's wait and see before we go nuts and end up sounding stupid.

Exactly. Finally someone gets the reality. Baltimore is the "old" Browns. We are an expansion team. We have to earn our way back to greatness, and so far haven't done to great. Lets hope we do real soon.

Archived