THE BROWNS BOARD

Crennel to stay....

Solon16

What would he be the Dline coach? I just can't see why Romeo would do that? Also, in the history of the NFL has there ever been a head coach fired and taken a lower job with the same team? That would be twilight zone weird, for us and for the players.

I like it. He was a successful DC because he only had 1 job to do. It was when he had multiple tasks to do that romeo screwed up. The players like him and he's a harmless guy. I dont really think he can have any negative input considering mangini will be making the major decisions now. The negatives on his coaching style were arguably his tenacity in dealing with players and his play calling. I doubt he will be having any influence over either so I have no problem with it.

Hip Hip Horay!

Browns still making bad decisions even after blowing up the team.

What GM wants to be associated with these bozos?

Go xxxx your sister DOUCHE BAG! Nobody asked your opinion!

If they bring romeo back in any capacity and if they keep rip scherer then mangini has already failed....

To blow up the FO and then rebuild it on some of the same faulty blocks that were the problem with the last foundation is not acceptable..

Just announced on NFL total access....said in some capacity, didn't state what capacity! Getting his hip done(surg) after that will be back with Browns

He may stay as a special assistant to the HC. Not even a position coach.

Based on some of the stories that surfaced about Savage and how he was actively trying to get Romeo fired, and that Romeo NEVER threw Savage under the bus, it seems that Romeo really is a first-rate human being.

And the fact that he was close to Mangini and Mangini wants him around does speak to Mangini's confidence in himself. If he thought for a second that Romeo was some sort of threat he wouldn't keep him around and a lesser HC would feel threatened.

Plus, Romeo knows everything there is to know about the guys. He's a wealth of info in that regard. Nothing but positives.

The only way it COULD become negative is if Mangini wasn't strong enough of a personality to let guys know he's in charge. I don't think that will happen.

Some of you just like to bitch.

Some of us think it's WEIRD to bring back the HC you just fired and question its viability in the locker room, with gameplanning and regarding existing player/coach relationships and loyalties.

Some of us just like to pretend our opinion is the only one that matters.

Sorry voicing my opinion came of as "bitching," El Jefe. We will do better...

What GM wants to be associated with these bozos?

Matt Millen is still available.

They'd better move quickly though - like Mangini and his assistant coaches its the guys who no one else is interested in interviewing that they think are the most in demand.

Just kidding - I like RAC - you guys are right to knock on him as a Head Coach - there's lots of excellent coordinators and assistant coaches out there who just aren't cut out to be head coaches. Looks like RAC was one of them.

Guest ATENEARS

My biggest concern about keeping Romeo is his views on Andra Davis. He had Davis as a Leader on this team ... I want that title chopped down more-so than Romeo's. Nothing worst than hearing of a locker room riff such as players quitting and the player spoksman to address the issue is Davis as if he's above it all.

Hope Romeo has the balls to cut some of these perceived 'good ties'.

Other than that, I welcome the guy.

BTW, I thought these Steelers fans saidthey only respond to posts here directed at them or defending their team? Doh!

Some of us think it's WEIRD to bring back the HC you just fired and question its viability in the locker room, with gameplanning and regarding existing player/coach relationships and loyalties.

Some of us just like to pretend our opinion is the only one that matters.

Sorry voicing my opinion came of as "bitching," El Jefe. We will do better...

Your opinion almost always comes off as bitching.

Class move keeping Romeo. A great man, and a pretty damned good d coordinator. Most of you bashers sound like real dickheads. :rolleyes:

Romeo is a class individual, I am glad he is staying in the organization.

Zombo

--Says a lot about Mangini too: he's loyal, and he's not intimidated by having him around

I agree, Zombo. Says a lot about Lerner, Mangini, and Crennel.

Lerner Sr. was also kind to recently-fired coaches. Some might remember that he gave Chris Palmer a $1M 'bonus' (of course, in addition to what was left on his contract) because Lerner felt that Palmer never really had a chance, given all the circumstances.

I believe Crennel is the type of person that will know where the very fine lines are and will respect them 100%.

Archived