THE BROWNS BOARD

Yeah, Let's Just Get On With This

Zombo

Dude, take a chill pill. i agree that the best guy should play. Anderson was that guy and i agreed with it then. i was in the minority.

Do you think Colt will start this season if he outplays Weeden? If you do, then who is being Stupid? Weeden will start regardless of who plays better. Period.

But what you are saying is that the FO should do what the fans and media want ie start Weeden when in fact you agree that they should start the better or the two ie who ever does the best during training camp. This is a win now year. Holmgren's job isn't in danger, Heckert's job isn't in danger, but their are zero promises being made to Shurmer (as much as I would hate to see another coach go 2 and done). Shurmer is going to play the best guy regardless of where he was drafted. He wasn't the one who made the draft pick, he more than likely doesn't give two shits about it. He cares about the win lose record, that is what he is graded on. If he think McCoy is going to win them more games at least starting out the season, he will go to McCoy.

No as I said I fully expect Weeden to actually win the starting job, but I also fully expect McCoy to stay on the team as the main back up at least for this season if not till his contract runs out. Weeden is taller, more accurate, has a stronger arm, and his field vision , intelligence, and work ethic are at the very least on par with McCoy. Plus when you consider with an actual offseason and will be just as knowledgeable in the offense as McCoy was around halfway-the end of last season I think he gets the starting nod by preseason or weeks 4-8 at the very worst.

What do we have in McCoy? A mobile QB who is intelligent, hardworking, and never rocks the boat. As much as people would hate to admit this he is still improving, he is going to be more accurate than last year and even though I doubt he could put much more distance on the ball he has apparently been getting much faster throws off. He had every chance in the work to be a whiny bitch, every chance to complain, and he hasn't. Oh and he also has 20 starts under his belt and is 2.5 million dollars cheaper than Wallace. He isn't going to split the lockeroom because in order to do that you have to be the dick who does it on purpose. There are not going to be a bunch of guys who see Weeden is better and still want McCoy as the starter.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/05/good_backup_quarterbacks_are_v.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Weeden starter, McCoy backup, Wallace gone.

But what you are saying is that the FO should do what the fans and media want ie start Weeden when in fact you agree that they should start the better or the two ie who ever does the best during training camp. This is a win now year. Holmgren's job isn't in danger, Heckert's job isn't in danger, but their are zero promises being made to Shurmer (as much as I would hate to see another coach go 2 and done). Shurmer is going to play the best guy regardless of where he was drafted. He wasn't the one who made the draft pick, he more than likely doesn't give two shits about it. He cares about the win lose record, that is what he is graded on. If he think McCoy is going to win them more games at least starting out the season, he will go to McCoy.

No No No. i am not saying that the team should do what the fans and media say they should do. i am saying that the team will do what the fans and media say the say should do.

The FO is weak and vulnerable.

roach (even if Colt plays better than Weeden, this organization won't have the balls to admit it. Let's get ready for Weeden. i'm ready, whether he's good or not. My season ticket money is sunk.)

weeden will be starting no matter what. If Colt beats him out, that doesnt matter. After all these years I finally agree with Colin Cowherd, the browns will go 2 and 14. Lets all just brace ourselves for the next decade or so of the Browns not giving anyone a fair chance to succeed at the Qb position. We all "love Shurmur" and Weeden is his hand picked guy, so Im sure he"ll be gone after this year. Sorry Im super drunk right now and it took ,e 15 minutes to type this but *uck the browns and their fans (after my 25 years with them)....this post courtesy of makers mark.

Lmao...sorry, I don't see how upgrading at qb make this team worse.

Colt had 20 starts....and looked bad in almost all of them. Why he needs more time to prove what most people know is beyond me.

He.....cannot.....throw.....a....football!

the browns will go 2 and 14. Lets all just brace ourselves for the next decade or so of the Browns not giving anyone a fair chance to succeed at the We all "love Shurmur"

hate him.

and Weeden is his hand picked guy

and shurmjur is holmgren's hand picked guy. those late night showers in berea are starting to reek of joe pa and jerry sandusky. quiffs with power.

Lmao...sorry, I don't see how upgrading at qb make this team worse.

Colt had 20 starts....and looked bad in almost all of them. Why he needs more time to prove what most people know is beyond me.

He.....cannot.....throw.....a....football!

man i used to have some respect for you but the more you post the more it's obvious that you are just a frontrunner. OTAs just started and queenie weenie is all over everybody's lips. the dude hasn't even taken a snap in a REAL fucking game yet. can we at least wait until then to annoint him the queen?

mccoy started 20 times and looked like shit in all of them......really? did you even watch any of those games? (NO) running for his life because no one could get open, no running game, no right side OL... put weeden in that very same position and i bet you he'd fare about as well as mccoy if not worse. let's see what the old man does when he gets cracked in the head by james harrison. it's a lot easier to get up off the ground when you don't need a walker to get to the sidelines.

unbelieveable.

BTW, who throws a better football in your opinion: mccoy or tebow? HA!

If that's what you saw in those games, no wonder you're the only one still pissing and moaning.

Its everyone else's fault....I get it. For all your hate of holmgren, I'm amused you think another of his mistakes is viable.

Serious question: how does the quality of the WR affect colt ability ( or, inability) to throw a football accurately and on time?

Why ask this, there are 63 QB's in the NFL that throw better than Tebow.

exactly. by the way everyone is coming down on colt mccoy, you'd think he was the worst passer in the league.

If that's what you saw in those games, no wonder you're the only one still pissing and moaning.

Its everyone else's fault....I get it. For all your hate of holmgren, I'm amused you think another of his mistakes is viable.

Serious question: how does the quality of the WR affect colt ability ( or, inability) to throw a football accurately and on time?

i don't know if mccoy is viable or not, but just flush him down the toilet without at least looking at him with the other pieces around him i mentioned? dude take off your blinders.

we could have waited another year to draft a number one QB if the FO deemed it so after giving him (mccoy) right side help and a running game (still didn't address WR help) and he didn't pan out.

i guarantee you next year before the draft they'll be other QBs that will be ranked higher than some picked this year, including weeden. and other fans for other teams will be clamoring for them.

but we spent our second pick on this guy. draft day everyone was shocked. now everyone is ready to hand over the throne to him without even seeing him in a real NFL game.

and if you have a difference of opinion with the majority you call it 'pissing and moaning'.

ok. everyone is right.

we'll see.

hate him.

and shurmjur is holmgren's hand picked guy. those late night showers in berea are starting to reek of joe pa and jerry sandusky. quiffs with power.

man i used to have some respect for you but the more you post the more it's obvious that you are just a frontrunner. OTAs just started and queenie weenie is all over everybody's lips. the dude hasn't even taken a snap in a REAL fucking game yet. can we at least wait until then to annoint him the queen?

mccoy started 20 times and looked like shit in all of them......really? did you even watch any of those games? (NO) running for his life because no one could get open, no running game, no right side OL... put weeden in that very same position and i bet you he'd fare about as well as mccoy if not worse. let's see what the old man does when he gets cracked in the head by james harrison. it's a lot easier to get up off the ground when you don't need a walker to get to the sidelines.

unbelieveable.

BTW, who throws a better football in your opinion: mccoy or tebow? HA!

Who's been in more playoff games: McCoy or Tebow?

Saying "at least Colt doesn't throw as bad as Tebow" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for him to be a starter.

McCoy is not an AFC North QB, plain and simple. We need a QB who can get the ball down the field in adverse weather conditions on the regular.

Whether or not Weeden is that guy, we'll have to wait and see. But it's obvious that Colt isn't.

No No No. i am not saying that the team should do what the fans and media say they should do. i am saying that the team will do what the fans and media say the say should do.

The FO is weak and vulnerable.

roach (even if Colt plays better than Weeden, this organization won't have the balls to admit it. Let's get ready for Weeden. i'm ready, whether he's good or not. My season ticket money is sunk.)

I'ts just money my friend. You are going to blow it on one thing or another. This isn't IRA directed cash you are diverting.

Unless weeden proves to be genuinely not ready he will start, last year i was sure colt would progress but unfortunately as the season wore on it became very obvious that he will be a backup QB in the nfl and perhaps a future starter in the right system...

We can blame the WRs if we want but the fact is there was almost always someone open but colt didnt seem capable of tossing 20 to 30 yard cross body throws while rolling right and he always predictably threw the ball to the right as well often under both heavy pressure and heavy coverage and the defenses all rolled to the right with him..

Weeden has a great pump fake that is similar to big bens and if he uses it to freeze defenders we could have some big play potential..

I was weary of weeden at #22 but he has grown on me and exhibits field leadership qualities you dont see to often..

Unless weeden proves to be genuinely not ready he will start, last year i was sure colt would progress but unfortunately as the season wore on it became very obvious that he will be a backup QB in the nfl and perhaps a future starter in the right system...

We can blame the WRs if we want but the fact is there was almost always someone open but colt didnt seem capable of tossing 20 to 30 yard cross body throws while rolling right and he always predictably threw the ball to the right as well often under both heavy pressure and heavy coverage and the defenses all rolled to the right with him..

Weeden has a great pump fake that is similar to big bens and if he uses it to freeze defenders we could have some big play potential..

I was weary of weeden at #22 but he has grown on me and exhibits field leadership qualities you dont see to often..

Yeah, the Weed has grown on you! Its going to be fun to watch the Browns this year I think.

Archived