THE BROWNS BOARD

Merged Threads Gay Talk

Why does the school system teach that it is a normal behavior? If so how do we procreate?

School? They are teaching acceptance so some gay kid doesn't get beat to death walking on his way home. T, have you seen the shows kids are subjected to, schools are just dealing with mainstream America. If you don't want your children to learn gays are decent people, than turn off the TV, internet and whatever else they are watching.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School? They are teaching acceptance so some gay kid doesn't get beat to death walking on his way home. T, have you seen the shows kids are subjected to, schools are just dealing with mainstream America. If you don't want your children to learn gays are decent people, than turn off the TV, internet and whatever else they are watching.

There are other issues within the school system that inhinit kiddos from learning. This is not my only issue with public education.

The teachers have been handcuffed in disciplining students who interupt class work due to frivulous law suites.

For example: If a child wants to act up and refuses to leave the classroom and a teacher touches him or her the teacher will be suspended and not the brat.

There are other issues within the school system that inhinit kiddos from learning. This is not my only issue with public education.

The teachers have been handcuffed in disciplining students who interupt class work due to frivulous law suites.

For example: If a child wants to act up and refuses to leave the classroom and a teacher touches him or her the teacher will be suspended and not the brat.

I say bring back the paddle.

Okay Heck.

As long as we are in hypothetical mode, let's say you are the governor.

The voters in your state overwhelmingly support be ban.

Do you support the presidents states rights position or do you veto?

WSS

Hmm. That's a good question. I'd be pretty torn between honoring what the people want, especially if it was as overwhelming a vote as it was in NC, and not wanting to go down in history as someone on the complete wrong side of the issue. In the end, I'd suspect I'd veto it.

Though I'm not sure the NC governor has the ability to veto this. I'm pretty sure this resolution was binding.

I would imagine that since some people consider homosexuality to be immoral, then passing laws to make it more mainstream would be a bad thing.

If you really don't understand substitute the word homo sexuality with something that you personally feel is immoral.

WSS

Yes, people on both sides don't want immorality written into law. They just differ on what that is.

For instance, I think discriminating against people because they're gay is immoral.

so Heckofajobrownie,

How old were you when you had your first homosexual experience?

Was it voluntary or ?

You're an anomaly. You seem to possess more intelligence than most posting here, yet you aren't above cracking a gay joke. I like it.

A belief system isn't valid reasoning to ban something. Just because you were brought up a certain way to not like something, that isn't reason to ban that thing you don't like.

Policy decisions should be made based off of sound reasoning. Facts, science, etc. Not "my book says gays are bad. IDK why but it just does so there"

Seriously, can any one of you against gay marriage give an actual reason for why it should be illegal without getting off topic or throwing down gay jokes? Really, if it's this hard for you it should be pretty clear indication you are on the wrong side of this one.

And T, where would you school your kids? Homeschool, catholic school, some private school? Just wondering.

I haven't had any gay sex. If I had any gay sex I'd be happy to tell you all about it, since you're obviously excited by the idea. I just haven't had any.

There's a magazine called Blue Boy. Perhaps you should read that.

OK Brownie, fair enough.

It's not that I don't believe you. hahahahahaaha

Still waiting for one of you chumps to tell me why my sister and her partner...sorry, wife... shouldn't have the same rights to raise her children in a family with the same rights as straight people. Or are you all just talk?Because suddenly y'all are church mouses.

Still waiting for one of you chumps to tell me why my sister and her partner...sorry, wife... shouldn't have the same rights to raise her children in a family with the same rights as straight people. Or are you all just talk?Because suddenly y'all are church mouses.

don't look at me Dave. My position is marriage isn't a right to begin with, for anybody.

Same sex or hetero couples have the freedom to set up any kind of legal relationship they want to agree on. Marriage has more limitations on freedom and property than arranged legal contracts.

Oh get over yourself tough guy.

I think I've stated before that I have no problem with gay marriage.

It's not the biggest issue in the world for me so if you need a ride to the demonstration Call somebody else.

If your sister and her partner are deeply religious then I'm sure they can find a preacher and some denomination that would be happy to tie the knot.

Then they can go to any attorney and setup what ever legal situations they see fit.

Of course the roots of the traditional marriage have something to do with children and families. Hence the laws written extending special benefits to couples for that reason, among other things. If you want those laws changed to give similar benefits 2 any couple just because you think it's fair, fine with me.

Put it on the ballot and get it changed. I'll vote with you.

So far those ballot initiatives haven't gone on your way. If the polls everyone seems to have seen are correct the next time it comes up for a fruit you should be in luck.

Snarling it everyone probably won't further your cause.

" If you go carrying pictures of Chairman mao You aint gonna make it with anyone anyhow."

WSS

Oh get over yourself tough guy.

I think I've stated before that I have no problem with gay marriage.

It's not the biggest issue in the world for me so if you need a ride to the demonstration Call somebody else.

If your sister and her partner are deeply religious then I'm sure they can find a preacher and some denomination that would be happy to tie the knot.

Then they can go to any attorney and setup what ever legal situations they see fit.

Of course the roots of the traditional marriage have something to do with children and families. Hence the laws written extending special benefits to couples for that reason, among other things. If you want those laws changed to give similar benefits 2 any couple just because you think it's fair, fine with me.

Put it on the ballot and get it changed. I'll vote with you.

So far those ballot initiatives haven't gone on your way. If the polls everyone seems to have seen are correct the next time it comes up for a fruit you should be in luck.

Snarling it everyone probably won't further your cause.

" If you go carrying pictures of Chairman mao You aint gonna make it with anyone anyhow."

WSS

Steve, this is ridiculous. I thought you'd accepted that you were wrong before, but apparently not. You're just repeating the same shit you said before.

This does not have anything to do with religious marriage, so I don't know why you keep saying that gay couples should just "Go find a church that will marry you." Churches have no way to confer legal rights. Neither do these lawyers you imagine can suffice. The state confers the legal rights of marriage. That's why Dave, his sister, and everyone else pushing this is pushing for state recognition, not a online list of gay-friendly churches and attorneys. I mean, seriously...

Secondly, there is nothing in civil marriage ceremonies that has "something to do with children and families." When you get married, they don't care whether you have kid, whether you're going to have kids, or anything else. You just sign the papers at your town/city hall, pay your permit fee, and then you're done. As long as you're straight. And that's how you acquire the rights and privileges of marriage. There are lots of subsequent laws that give favorable tax treatment and what have you to families with children, but civil marriage in and of itself has no family requirement whatsoever. It has nothing to do with children.

I happen to like the new guy. Snarl away, my friend. These people deserve to be called out. And it's telling that no one will answer his question except the guy whose main focus is that no one cares about anything or anyone any more than he does.

Were you actually of the mind that Bunker is going to change he opinion on gay marriage? T? Cal? Hell, no. They hate gay people. So, if Dave here can point out for them what the real world consequences of their hatred are for his family I'm all fucking for it.

Hmm. That's a good question. I'd be pretty torn between honoring what the people want, especially if it was as overwhelming a vote as it was in NC, and not wanting to go down in history as someone on the complete wrong side of the issue. In the end, I'd suspect I'd veto it.

Though I'm not sure the NC governor has the ability to veto this. I'm pretty sure this resolution was binding.

That's a fair answer.

WSS

But let's hear you say it, my friend: you're with Obama on this issue.

Mitt Romney wants a federal law, an amendment to the US Constitution, banning gay marriage. For all of you "state's rights" fans, this means that Mitt doesn't care if your state has already legalized gay marriage, and thousands of gay couples have already wed under these laws. He wants the federal government to supersede what those states have done on their own.

Additionally, he's not for civil unions. He's not for giving gay couples the same rights as straights even if it's not called "marriage." George W. Bush was even for civil unions.

So let's hear it, Steve. Are you not with Obama on this issue?

Let's see how much snark you have to go through before you simply say, "Yes, I am."

But let's hear you say it, my friend: you're with Obama on this issue.

Mitt Romney wants a federal law, an amendment to the US Constitution, banning gay marriage. For all of you "state's rights" fans, this means that Mitt doesn't care if your state has already legalized gay marriage, and thousands of gay couples have already wed under these laws. He wants the federal government to supersede what those states have done on their own.

Additionally, he's not for civil unions. He's not for giving gay couples the same rights as straights even if it's not called "marriage." George W. Bush was even for civil unions.

So let's hear it, Steve. Are you not with Obama on this issue?

Let's see how much snark you have to go through before you simply say, "Yes, I am."

Actually, sir, if you have an honest bone in your body you admit I've been in favor of gay marriage as long as you've known me.

So apparently the empty suit has finally gotten on board with me.

Yes I'm sure he struggled with the decision and talked with his family.

Most likely uncle axelrod.

WSS

Archived