THE BROWNS BOARD

Broncos hire McDaniels as HC

Guest mz.

"The Road Not Taken"...

Actually we have taken that path and thats why lerner didnt take it again..

The browns need to have a sound structure in place before taking that road again..;)

It will be fun to watch McDaniels and mangini develop..to see if randy made the wrong or right choice.

Actually we have taken that path and thats why lerner didnt take it again..

The browns need to have a sound structure in place before taking that road again..;)

Technically, the road leading to Mangini was the one that wanted wear, as no one else was really traveling it. Meanwhile, everyone else was taking the road that led to Pioli.

Poetry debate on a football forum... I apologize if this goes over the heads of the inbred Steeler fans.

It will be fun to watch McDaniels and mangini develop..to see if randy made the wrong or right choice.

Indeed!

He is the one that got away, he was my pick for the best option of coaches out there for our team. We might be kicking ourselves for years to come...

Or mangini will pan out

I really liked josh but only if he came with pioli..unlike denver we have to have an experienced coach and or GM to help build structure in our undisciplined organization unlike denver we dont have coordinators in place or a successful system or identity to hand down to a young coordinator.. i think lerner made a great move..now he needs to follow through by letting mangini control the roster with GM approval of course as a chek and balance..

Im usually the first on the"lets bash lerner band wagon" but i like what he is doing with the coach hired first if the vision holds true..with deadwieght mccrate around we are under no real pressure to get a gm right this very moment..im not real fond of keeping leftovers of a failed regime but in this case it may prove to be a smart move by randy...

Lets let McCrieght/Mangini handle the draft and trade sessions to see how well they do or if we even need a gm..i would be very curious..;)

32? Huge risk. This guy better be the next coming of Shanahan or the Broncos are in for a tough go.

I simply don't trust that anything other than a wonderkin can be effective immediately as a head coach in the NFL at age 32. Just flat out not enough experience.

37 with three years of experience? A world of difference.

37 with three years of experience? A world of difference.

Mangini was what, 34?, when he got hired, and he did OK. I think talent/intelligence/desire outweigh mere experience every time. It isn't as if McDaniels is going to have an inexperienced staff to work with as they are hiring Mike Nolan as DC, etc.

Mangini was what, 34?, when he got hired, and he did OK. I think talent/intelligence/desire outweigh mere experience every time. It isn't as if McDaniels is going to have an inexperienced staff to work with as they are hiring Mike Nolan as DC, etc.

Mangini also was fired.

My point was that we're banking on the "second time around" theory with Mangini. An organization such as ours that does NOT have stability in the FO is in no position to take a flyer on a guy like McDaniels. Even if he has success in Denver, it will be impossible to compare that to what might have happened in our situation.

We needed experience. I'm favorable to the Mangini hiring from that perspective.

THIS was your Guy.... I said from Jump Street I Hope Cleveland Doesn't Pick Josh McD !!! Thanks Clev.

Honestly, why are you here and why do you even care, its one thing to post and defend things being said about Pittsburgh, but why are you even posting on this, please join Match.com and get a girl dude. Start chatting with someone else online other then people that hate you. I know its probably not often that you get to talk to people that dont hate you but, go try and find some people so you can quit stalking our board. Its really weird!

THIS was your Guy.... I said from Jump Street I Hope Cleveland Doesn't Pick Josh McD !!! Thanks Clev.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with this steeler, Josh Mcdaniels was our guy. He was an offensive minded coach that would bring in Quinns offense (weiss connection) and he is a coach that would let Rob Ryan run his own aggressive D instead of settling for the "keep everything in front of you" crap that Mangini runs. I really hope Mangini backs off a little bit and lets Ryan have some control of Defensive playcalling

My thoughts exactly. I'll be keeping an eye on the broncos progress next year. I really wanted McDaniels... There was a lot to like about him, and he'd be great for Quinn. Man.... :(

Yep, especially when you consider how great Mangini was for Pennigton...... :rolleyes:

I'm still shaking my head over this hire. Should've been McDaniels or Schwartz.

The Broncs got a good one - Belichick took this guy under his wing and made sure he had a strong foundation in understanding the defense before giving him the reins of the offense.

It's been a learning process for him - he actually has had many questionable offensive scheme calls in 2006 and 2007 - but you can't argue with what he's done with a team that lost the NFL MVP and in total lost the most starters in the NFL last year. He's not going to have Moss and Welker on his next team of course but he was patient and the Broncos were patient and I think its going to work out well. Bringing Capers along is VERY smart if indeed that's the case.

The Broncs got a good one - Belichick took this guy under his wing and made sure he had a strong foundation in understanding the defense before giving him the reins of the offense.

It's been a learning process for him - he actually has had many questionable offensive scheme calls in 2006 and 2007 - but you can't argue with what he's done with a team that lost the NFL MVP and in total lost the most starters in the NFL last year. He's not going to have Moss and Welker on his next team of course but he was patient and the Broncos were patient and I think its going to work out well. Bringing Capers along is VERY smart if indeed that's the case.

Why do you think he'll be better or more successful than past OC's like Charlie Weis? Not being a smartass here...It's a sincere question.

I am beginning feel unmoved when it comes to promoting ex Belicheck coaches.

McDaniels is the hot coordinator of this year, the flavor of the month, and nothing more AT THIS POINT.

Mangini was the right guy for us because he has the experience of being a HC and of working closely with personnel.

We needed a foundation-builder not an up-and-comer. The Broncos have the luxury of letting him just coach and taking their lumps for a while because they have other personnel people and staff who are staying.

We needed someone strong enough (and crazy enough) to give our WHOLE FRANCHISE an idenitity. Was McDaniels strong/savvy/experienced enough to do that? I don't know but the odds were NOT in our favor that he was.

I feel better about Mangini every day because of that experience thing...

Archived