THE BROWNS BOARD

Who will be the first Brown to go via trade?

TK39

Who will be the first Brown to go via trade?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first Brown to go via trade?

• Derek Anderson
    • Kellen Winslow
    • Other Player
    • Both Stay
    • Both Leave (about same time)

From what I can tell Derek Anderson and Kellen Winslow may already have their foot out the door and may be heading to a new team before the draft.

Anderson is almost for sure gone but will the Browns give up Winslow. I really like Rucker, but do the Browns enough to make him the starter?

Who goes? :huh:

From what I can tell Derek Anderson and Kellen Winslow may already have their foot out the door and may be heading to a new team before the draft.

Anderson is almost for sure gone but will the Browns give up Winslow. I really like Rucker, but do the Browns enough to make him the starter?

Who goes? :huh:

Well, thanks to RAC 'n ROLLS we never got a good luck at Rucker and he didn't garner any experience. From what I saw in camp and preseason (prior injury) and based on his numbers from college he looks like a player.

Just to note, I like Stallworth and I would like to see him stay (this year was a fluke, watch what he does when he is included in the gameplan and running at full speed)

But instead of cutting him (like alot of you would like to) we could probably get something for him in a trade, even if its a 4th/5th rounder its still something rrather than just cutting him. Oh, did I mention I want him to be a brown next year? Seriously folks, I watched him at NE last year, guy is a beast, we just have to get him the ball

I can see trading DA & we need to so we can move pass the qb thing. as far as K2 I like this guy and he has great hands and and is a competitor. If for some reason K2 gets traded they better get more than a 1st round pick and it needs to be a top ten overall.

K2 is a valuable asset to keep.

I can see trading DA & we need to so we can move pass the qb thing. as far as K2 I like this guy and he has great hands and and is a competitor. If for some reason K2 gets traded they better get more than a 1st round pick and it needs to be a top ten overall.

K2 is a valuable asset to keep.

K2 wants a big long term deal for security. His health doesn't make that practical. Plus, we have too many needs, we need picks and that may be one of the few positions that we have depth at. I like Winslow on game day, but if I could get a 2nd rounder, he'd be gone.

We need....................LBs, LBs, LBs, DBs, RBs, OL

Who else, beside Anderson, could bring a decent draft pick?

Remember that I said this exactly 1,000 times: DA. Is. Gone.

Oh, I agree that DA is gone, the question is can we get anything more than a sack of seeds for him? I doubt it. Teams know we'll release him rather than pay the roster bonus, and I can't see much of a bidding war for the worst rated passer in the NFL.

If we can get a second for Winslow- bye-bye. We might be stuck with him if his knee has degenerated to the point he can't pass another team's physical.

Oh, I agree that DA is gone, the question is can we get anything more than a sack of seeds for him? I doubt it. Teams know we'll release him rather than pay the roster bonus, and I can't see much of a bidding war for the worst rated passer in the NFL.

If we can get a second for Winslow- bye-bye. We might be stuck with him if his knee has degenerated to the point he can't pass another team's physical.

Well if it is a nice sack of sunflower seeds I am all for that; DA is gone!

I still find it difficult to believe that we'll trade Winslow unless we get a sweetheart deal for him.

what makes you think Winslow hasn't asked for a trade? Where do you think the trade talk is coming from, the non-existent general manager?

same thing goes for Braylon

The Browns will pay the roster bonus unless a bidding war develops prior to March because that roster bonus is guaranteed. After that is paid Anderson is owed only 1.5 mil for the season and will receive plenty of attention.

Two other factors will decide if Anderson is in Cleveland or not. One is who Mangini likes at QB, the other is if Anderson asks to get out.

DA WILL be gone...question is WHEN?

I think Winslow will be gone too, although with both RAC & Savage gane, that may change....I agree that if we could get a 2nd round pick for him, given his injury history & productive time left, we would be foolish not to move on it. I think I would have a coronary if we got a 1st rounder for him!

They may even go as a package or 3 team deal on draft day.....We'll see, we're just having fun speculating to keep us going until next season (which starts with the draft).

Mike

Heiden is 32 and just had surgery for a torn ACL.

He's not the answer and neither is Rucker.

Winslow is under contract, Savage is gone, I don't know why we would trade him.

Zombo

Why do you say Rucker isn't the answer? You haven't even seen him play enough yet. RAC didn't play rookies unless he had to.

Guest Ghoolie

Who cares if WInslow goes? There will be trade for him because he simply doesn't perform. YOu saw how meaningless a tight end could be tonight as San Diego wasted pass after pass on theirs.

Winslow is a gimp and he hasn't scored shit in the way of touchdowns. Hieden and Dinky dink are both mroe useful than GimpSlow. If we could get a 6th rounder for him it would amaze me. He is in the twilight of his career so again, who cares about Winslow?

If Andersen's money isn't ridiculous I would keep the guy.

There are perhaps 5 maybe 6 players on this team worth keeping, the rest should be released.

Why do you say Rucker isn't the answer? You haven't even seen him play enough yet. RAC didn't play rookies unless he had to.

I just don't see him as a full-time replacement for Kellen Winslow at this point in his career. Winslow is a Pro Bowler when healthy. I see Rucker coming along more as a role player.

Zombo

It's clear that coaching was the only problem crippling the Browns last year.

My preference would be to trade all draft picks and keep the entire roster from last season.

With a different coach last year, this team could have even copeted at the Ravens' or Steelers' level.

Savage loaded this team with nothing but bona fide talent.

It's clear that coaching was the only problem crippling the Browns last year.

My preference would be to trade all draft picks and keep the entire roster from last season.

With a different coach last year, this team could have even copeted at the Ravens' or Steelers' level.

Savage loaded this team with nothing but bona fide talent.

Its somewhat hard to argue with that point. Nothing changed from the previous 10-6 year (other than a couple injuries here and there) Technically we only should have gotten better... with the addition of Stallworth, Rogers and Williams. Lets just take a look at this... imagine if all are healthy and are startes were as follows:

QB: Quinn

WR1: Edwards (Though he drops a few... he makes big plays)

WR2: Stallworth (Deep threat speed)

WR3: Jurevicious (Great 3rd down converter - he kept the chains moving when he was on the field)

WR4: Cribbs (Flash Package and get him atleast double the touches)

RB: Jerome Harrison (Playmaker... yet we rarely see Harrison... when we do oozes elusivness)

3DB: Jamal Lewis (Use as a power back... goal line packages as well)

TE: Winslow (another playmaker... blocking issues but... we have depth here)

--- Heiden (Strong... polished vet)

--- Rucker (Athletic... and a TE with great hands)

--- Dinkins

(In that order... I really dont see any other NFL unit with this kind of depth and talent at the TE position)

(our O-line is already pretty top notch for a change)

The prob is defense:

DL: Rogers... Williams... S.Smith (Should be no reason to "upgrade" here)

LOLB: McGinest (is he even returning????)

ILB: A. Davis

ILB: D'Qwell Jackson

ROLB: Wimbley (Needs help)

LB is what I would be focusing on here. and there is plenty in the draft. (Aaron Curry, Maualuga, Laurinaitis, Sintim, Cushing etc.. ) If possible... I would try and keep McGinest around another year to help mentor this guys.... (dont forget we still have Beau Bell waiting to see some action too hmmm.) LB is THE TOP priority!!!!!! Once we get some solid Backers... our corners will instantly improve.

DB: McDonald

DB: Eric Wright

Blv it or not I've seen McDonald make some incredible plays... he needs some help with ANY kind of pass rush AND some over the top assistance from our Safeties (which currently is none)... Wright is pretty decent considering he started directly out of college... we have two good (YOUNG) corners, but I would definetly pick up a polished Vet to help bring things guys along. (theres a handful of free agents at this position this year....any suggestions? ie: Asomugha, Rodney Harrison... ) But I wouldnt rule these two young guys out, as the pass rush was horrible this year (and last)... not all these guys fault.

SS: S. Jones

FS: Brodney Pool

I would also look to improve these positions.... I would hold on to Jones if possible but wouldnt it be nice to SOMEHOW acuqire an Ed Reed?? I blv Chris Gamble is going to be on the markert as well. I'd even think about picking up Malcom Jenkins in the draft and pushing him out to FS.

We have some talented players in this organization. If one thing had to be said about the RAC/Savage era is that they indeed brought some talent to Cleveland. These players just need to be used "properly".

Think about it folks... if we added even a tad-bit more talent to these key areas of need... I see the Orange and Brown being serious contenders next year.

Nothing changed from the previous 10-6 year (other than a couple injuries here and there) Technically we only should have gotten better... with the addition of Stallworth, Rogers and Williams. Lets just take a look at this... imagine if all are healthy and are startes were as follows:

There was one big change....The Browns actually had to play a decent schedule this year. That 10-6 team was not as good as some want to think.....Much like Mangini's Jets 10-6 team that was not very good either. Just about the same as the Browns in '07. Mangini's '06 Jets won one game against a team that had a record of over .500.....But he's the new Savior!

Due to the NFL scheduling formula the Browns should be much better next year. We see it every year in the NFL now. This years version was the Dolphins and Falcons. Have a bad season and next years schedule will be a lot easier.

Trade Edwards to the Giants for their 1st round pick if jeremy Maclin is still on the board and draft him with the Giants pick.

Get rid of that headache.....I know it's not happening. Just a thought.

Guest Masters
The Browns will pay the roster bonus unless a bidding war develops prior to March because that roster bonus is guaranteed. After that is paid Anderson is owed only 1.5 mil for the season and will receive plenty of attention.

Two other factors will decide if Anderson is in Cleveland or not. One is who Mangini likes at QB, the other is if Anderson asks to get out.

Roster bonuses are NOT GUARANTEED. Players only get it if they are on the roster.

Guest Masters
Who cares if WInslow goes? There will be trade for him because he simply doesn't perform. YOu saw how meaningless a tight end could be tonight as San Diego wasted pass after pass on theirs.

Funny. You also saw PIT show how meaningful a TE can be. SD didn't go to Gates any more than they did their WR. You throw to the open receiver. Plus, how the heck do you go to any player over and over when you don't even have the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. Did you actually watch the game? Stick to music slick.

By the way, love the once again waffling on Winslow. After last season you were taking everything back about him. Now he's your goat again.

@ chicopee: our defense has nowhere near the talent that the ravens and steelers have. we have three guys that could start on their defenses: wright, rogers and, when healthy, sean jones. that's it. meanwhile, at least 18 of the 22 people who start for their two Ds combined would improve our defense, especially the guys from their LB corps, not to mention their defensive coordinators, both of whom are two of the finest in football. saying that our talent is comparable to theirs is insane.

@ cardiac: i'm nitpicking, but gamble was re-signed to a long-term deal. also, that roster, after this year, inspires little confidence in me. our o-line didn't look all that great. fraley needs to be replaced, shaffer played like used mule ass, and hadnot wasn't the answer at guard. we need to seriously revamp the right side of our line if we're to have any success. also, jurevicius isn't coming back. he'll try, but he won't make it.

@ adam: there is no possible way mike adams plays corner, especially on the outside. it would be one of the worst personnel moves in the history of the NFL. have you watched adams try to cover a WR? he makes cousin look competent. if he were in, we'd give up 15-20 yards on every pass play guaranteed. all the opposing team would need to do is run a crossing route underneath and there'd be no way he could stay with the WR.

last but not least, heiden is done. he'll be fine as a blocker for a few years, but there is zero chance of him being anything of a liability in the passing game after this latest surgery. he'll have no speed left. we need to start looking into replacements, possibly someone like jim kleinsasser from minnesota, a FB who moved to TE who has great hands and is a solid blocker. in the event we get him, i have far less of a problem seeing (and taking) what we can get for K2.

I wonder if the Eagles would consider giving up one of their two first round picks for Winslow/Jurevicius? With Winslow being a great tight end and Jurevicius added in for a little extra value, I think this could help solve a few needs with two first rounders. Aaron Curry goes to us at #5 and then pick another impact player (I dunno what, a DE/CB/WR, whatever is best at the draft position) with the Eagles pick

If Winslow is gone then Steve Heiden would start, not Rucker.

with what is one leg he has he is an aging guy with barely any vertical threat and now he blew out his whole knee not just the acl i bet we go in a different direction... i mean mangini started dustin keller from purdue last year with the jets i think he would like rucker just as much

Mike Adams will replace mcdonald at corner and mcdonald will probably move to the slot, cut cousin.

Adams is only an adaquate backup safety, he can't play corner. But, you are forgetting Holly. McDonald and Holly were suppose to fight it out for the #2 CB job but Holly got hurt. Cousins is a dog, over the hill and shouldn't have even made the team.

They could use another corner. The Browns got killed when other teams spread them out.

Archived