THE BROWNS BOARD

I am tired of it

ballpeen

Browns fans are not fans of mediocrity. That makes no sense at all. Why would anybody be a fan of mediocrity? Do you think we chose the Browns, most of us?

No, we were born into it. It's part of who we are, win or lose, just like long suffering Red Sox fans and Cubs fans. Browns fans are fans of the Browns, forever and ever and ever, amen. When I see someone in L.A. with a Browns cap or T-shirt, I instantly know their cool. They're loyal. They're proud to be a Browns fan and should be. It says WAY more about you than being a Cowboys or Yankees or Patriots fan, right?

I will not die sad if the Browns NEVER win a Super Bowl, which may or may not be the case. I enjoy being a Browns fan. It's a cool hobby, a way to connect with other people, something I really don't do all that often (as a writer AND an incurable misanthrope). I like the gear, the hats, the t-shirts, the coffee cups... the whole thing. I dig taking my sons to sit in great seats and stay in a nice hotel, visit the R&R Hall of Fame, maybe Cedar Point. I still imagine being semi-retired, writing only novels, living in Shaker Heights and taking the train to my great season tickets to the Browns AND Cavs.

Yes. That's right. I imagine semi-retiring in Cleveland. How about that?

No regrets, much joy... even the "suffering" is kind of fun, knocking around scenarios for improvement. The season may belong the the victors, but the OFF season belongs to us!

Run along, Ghoolie, you're a non-fan and always have been. You don't really even understand what it's all about. Generally speaking, you're an annoying, bitchy little kunt.

Buh-bye. You're on ignore. I have you a chance to be interesting and you failed miserably.

this is exactly what i was telling a fellow Browns fan when we were at the Titans game, We are not fans because our team is winning, how can we be, there is no such thing as a fair weather fan in Cleveland because there hasnt been any fair weather in a long long time, lol, at least when someone tells you they are a Browns fan, at least you know they are a TRUE fan

Browns fans are not fans of mediocrity. That makes no sense at all. Why would anybody be a fan of mediocrity? Do you think we chose the Browns, most of us?

No, we were born into it. It's part of who we are, win or lose, just like long suffering Red Sox fans and Cubs fans. Browns fans are fans of the Browns, forever and ever and ever, amen. When I see someone in L.A. with a Browns cap or T-shirt, I instantly know their cool. They're loyal. They're proud to be a Browns fan and should be. It says WAY more about you than being a Cowboys or Yankees or Patriots fan, right?

I will not die sad if the Browns NEVER win a Super Bowl, which may or may not be the case. I enjoy being a Browns fan. It's a cool hobby, a way to connect with other people, something I really don't do all that often (as a writer AND an incurable misanthrope). I like the gear, the hats, the t-shirts, the coffee cups... the whole thing. I dig taking my sons to sit in great seats and stay in a nice hotel, visit the R&R Hall of Fame, maybe Cedar Point. I still imagine being semi-retired, writing only novels, living in Shaker Heights and taking the train to my great season tickets to the Browns AND Cavs.

Yes. That's right. I imagine semi-retiring in Cleveland. How about that?

No regrets, much joy... even the "suffering" is kind of fun, knocking around scenarios for improvement. The season may belong the the victors, but the OFF season belongs to us!

Run along, Ghoolie, you're a non-fan and always have been. You don't really even understand what it's all about. Generally speaking, you're an annoying, bitchy little kunt.

Buh-bye. You're on ignore. I have you a chance to be interesting and you failed miserably.

GREAT post!

Agendas change fast when you're trying to ruin a message board. We're about 2 weeks away from a massive pout session if this follows the same route it always has. I read Ghoolie's first kinder, gentler version of wanting to see how everyone is doing - took the bait. And here we are. Gee, he's a Steelers fan THIS week.

Never been any honor in quitting. Go down swinging so you can rest in peace some day. Nobody wants "I was a Coward" written on their tombstone anymore than they want a lifespan of 40 years summed up with "Yeah but I almost got One for the Thumb" on the gravestone. I'm sure Mike Webster's kid would rather have dad around for his 16th birthday. What would I know? I guess I'll just read Sports Illustrated's next body count of dead Steelers that cheated. I think I feel worse for them than Steeler fans. I know I do.

I thought Lyle Alzado, Russ Verba and Ryan Tucker were emotional hindrances to success here. Teammates thought 2 of the 3 were complete assholes while the other one went AWOL. I GET that Ben Johnson kicked everyone's ass in the Olympics - if he resided in Pittsburgh, they'd still count the Gold and remind everyone else they have it. Trouble is you'd have to explain right and wrong to a different breed of people incapable of getting it. Even their team physician had excessive supplies of HGH for his unethical lockerroom practices. See Bambi fall, see Bambi break wheel, see Bambi sprinting 2 weeks later (and all the way to Detroit in January). Go figure...

- Tom F. (Different strokes for different folks.)

I'd be happy with steady progress. If we go 6-10 next year and 8-8 the year after i would be somewhat happy.

It took Parcells awhile to turn the Giants around.

Not me...9-10 wins and playoffs is the minimum to make me somewhat happy.

Archived