THE BROWNS BOARD

I am tired of it

ballpeen

Other teams turn things around overnight, and we are always told to wait for things to develop.

Screw that....players get 1 year, coaches 2....if you don't get it done in that time frame, hit the friggen road.

I am tired of excuse. If other rookies players and coaches can go to playoff games, i am not going to put up with less. No damn time for that.

Win or leave town

Seriously.

Guest Masters

If your talking about Balt, I think many members of this board could go be their HC and win 6-8 games. The talent on that D is just sick and has been for years.

Other teams turn things around overnight, and we are always told to wait for things to develop.

Screw that....players get 1 year, coaches 2....if you don't get it done in that time frame, hit the friggen road.

I am tired of excuse. If other rookies players and coaches can go to playoff games, i am not going to put up with less. No damn time for that.

Win or leave town

Seriously.

Amen

Raise the xxxing bar of expectation and quit celebrating mediocrity

Well, we didn't suck ass last year (2007) and with a new coach plus basically a rookie QB..........next year could be our year.

Just saying.

Last year(2007) we played a last place schedule

We lost to Arizona,Oakland,The Stealers twice,and Cincinnati in a game we had to win to make the playoffs

Hate to burst your bubble but we sucked

Peen, I'm with you. Watching Baltimore pull that game out made me sick. I'm as fed up as you are.

Y'know what REALLY pissed me off though? Thinking that Phil Savage's decision to pay DA and keep him for this season may have contributed to the Ravens getting Flacco. (Remember the whole story about the Cowboys being willing to sign DA and then trade him to some other team, reportedly the Ravens? Yeah. That.)

And though Flacco isn't the MAIN reason for their success, he has given them the downfield threat all year and made enough plays again today to help them win.

Could they have done this with DA? Probably. But at least then we'd have had two more players on the roster and BQ would have had a full year under center.

And who knows what this year would have looked like had that happened? Chances are it wouldn't have been all that different, but it would CERTAINLY have changed the fortunes of both the Browns and the Ravens had Savage NOT pussed out and brought DA back.

Blecch. I'm sick again.

Three teams showed you this year that it can be truned around in one year.

It's about bringing in talent and having coaches that know what to do with it.

I expect at least a 30% roster turnover this year. FA and the cap eliminated the 4 and 5 year plans.

It needs to be done now. No excuses.

Guest ATENEARS

Win or leave town

Seriously.

We got it all together now Russ ... In fact I found this pictures that Illustrates it:

n23307298_8877.jpg

We didn't win a championship, so we sucked.

Anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failed season.

There is no debating that point.

I'm with ya. What will really suck is if the Cardinals pull off the upset next week and make the SB. IIRC, that will leave the Browns and Lions as the only "old school" teams that have never been. 1964 was a long way back. It's time, it's way past time- if you just go by 1\16 odds, we should have been to a couple already.

It's not just football- of the cities with three major pro teams, Cleveland has had by far the longest wait for a Championship. At least LeBron & Co. have given me faint hope that stat can be rectified come June, after the ass-whuppin' they just laid on the Celtics. With our luck LBJ will break a leg right before the playoffs start.

But Cleveland fans are fans of mediocrity. People here were vehement about shit like William Green, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Sewage and Crennel being SUPERSTARS. You could not get a word in edgewise but now? Now these same fans are mad?

You know Ghoolie...I don't get on your case(this is the first time either one of us have talked to each other) because in many instances, I agree in part with what you say, the part I have quoted included.

I am not one of these fans who just places other fans in the shit can because they root for another team. I like other fans perspective because as fans we ALL....YOU INCLUDED....sometimes have a hard time being objective about the team for which we root and offer some legit comments about other teams....but...

All the other stuff you posted was crap and smack talk.

You have no clue what I said or felt about the players you mentioned, so if you are going to talk to me, do so in a reasonable way or just ignore my posts...I am not here to talk crap with you.

I think you are a pretty smart guy, but possibly a little insecure as you do tend to look for ways to agitate.

Part of the message board culture I suppose, but a part I choose not to engage.

So, you take it from there.

Good luck today...as I will be pulling for the Steelers...all the way now since the Titans are out...I am not anxious to see the Steelers lose so I can laugh at some guy on a message board.

But Cleveland fans are fans of mediocrity. People here were vehement about shit like William Green, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Sewage and Crennel being SUPERSTARS. You could not get a word in edgewise but now? Now these same fans are mad?

Hey, Lerner reads message boards and listens to the radio. He is a marketing man, and he gives Clevelanders EXACTLY what they want.

You guys made a big shit fuss about the need to have a great LT. Well, we got one and we can't pass teh farging ball.

Browns fans are not well educated and the city of Cleveland long ago lowered the bar for the Browns.

Fans asked for shit, and they got shit. Now what? They no longer like shit?

Bullshit, you got what you deserved.

Hey shitbird,

Having roughly 10 losing seasons in 45 years is far from mediocre before our team was yanked from us. We were set up for failure when we got our expansion team, and had 9 months before a season to be ready. They through a bunch of guys together, and that was that. When Houston got their team, they had 3 or 4 years to get ready.

We were not rooting for trash. You wouldn't know a thing about Cleveland's pride, and respect for football. Steelers dont have a fraction of the pride we have.

Oh yea, and as for deserving? In the 70's your stoolers won a few super bowls, and most of your team was on juice. But let me get this straight, you still deserved what you got, right??

You come here to troll our boards and get a rise out of people for fun.

You are an idiot.

Win or leave town

Seriously.

Randy does need to put a shorter leash on the team and the FO..however cinderella teams are built overnight (miami)while rock solid teams are built over time by having a proven successful system and formulation in place..and in my opinion 2 years is ample time to determine if that system is actually beginning to develop even though it may not be complete in 2 years but i agree if the chemistry isnt looking good at 2 years randy needs to wipe the slate and start again..

My opinion of mangini is he was turning the jets around then brett farve entered the fray..mangini screwed up by not benching him lets hope he learned something about that...

I understand that.....my desire is to win superbowls and have all-pro players....and know in reality that won't happen in 1 or 2 years...but in 1 or 2 years you can have a pretty good idea.

I am just tired of dicking around with players and coaches for 4-5 years when you can tell after a year or two it is never going to happen.

We may make a mistake or two along the way and let a guy who does develop go, but that number is going to be a small percentage compared to the number of bums we let go.

We waste too much time trying to get people to catch and block...if they can't pick it up in a year, move on to the next guy.

We didn't win a championship, so we sucked.

Anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failed season.

There is no debating that point.

Sorry but that is an expectation that can not be met. No team can win back to back championships every year, that does not mean you suck. How long has it been since the Colts won a Super Bowl, would you say they sucked each and every year they didnt? Only one team can win the big one, and I cant wait for that day in Cleveland, but I also cant wait till we can start competing and going to the playoffs and then winnning some playoff games, those are winning seasons at this point. none of these teams that have turned around in one year as you say are going to win the Super Bowl, so are you then going to say they suck?

Miami turned it around, did they suck this year? Teams that turn it around that quickly usually go to the playoffs the first year, then lose, then the playoffs the next year and win one or two, then if they are still going, they might get to the Super Bowl and might win.

I know this is a common motivating phrase, if we dont win the Super Bowl, its a losing season, and quite frankly thats the biggest bunch of BS there is, anyone on this board or on the team would be ecstatic just to see the Browns in the second round of the playoffs or in the Super Bowl.

I didn't say anything about not being happy, or knowing it takes steps, but again...

Anything less than a Super bowl win is a failed season.

Unless of course winning the super bowl isn't the goal you seek to achieve, and if it isn't, we need to make immediate changes.

Sorry...that is just the way it is.

We won our last championship in 64. Having met some of the posters on this board, there are only a few who actually remember doing that in a way that counts....like being old enough to read a sports section or older.

As sad as it is, our culture of losing is far greater than the culture of winning the organization likes to put front and forward....what is that...44 years...this next season will be 45 if we fail again.

Exactly how many seasons does it take to build a team that wins something??

I am not bashing the team. I have season tickets and live 600 miles out of town. I go to games, I watch games, I post on Browns message boards way to much, but I am not going to stick my head in the sand and hide from the facts. All those old success stories don't feel good to me anymore.

We need to win something.

I didn't say anything about not being happy, or knowing it takes steps, but again...

Unless of course winning the super bowl isn't the goal you seek to achieve, and if it isn't, we need to make immediate changes.

We won our last championship in 64. Having met some of the posters on this board, there are only a few who actually remember doing that in a way that counts....like being old enough to read a sports section or older.

As sad as it is, our culture of losing is far greater than the culture of winning the organization likes to put front and forward....what is that...44 years...this next season will be 45 if we fail again.

I am not bashing the team. I have season tickets and live 600 miles out of town. I go to games, I watch games, I post on Browns message boards way to much, but I am not going to stick my head in the sand and hide from the facts. All those old success stories don't feel good to me anymore.

By far Your best post and I totally agree...quit the pussy footing and get away from the conservative game plans and the prevent defense we might do something. until we can run the ball and stop the run were not going anywhere....Im tired of conservative keep it close to the vest football...

Watching the Cards win last night gives me hope,yes they play in shitty division but next week their going to a championship game

Give them credit they shit canned big name Green for Ken Whoseefrigg

They stuck with draft choices who showed promise and the ones who didn't they said "here hold this clipboard"

And most importantly they had Balls enough to sign a proven veteran QB and actually gave him a fair shot to beat out the "franchise" QB

Now I know Lienart sucks but admitting it is half the battle,and that's all Peens trying to say admit when you've xxxed up and move on.

Don't drag the boat anchor around for four years,William Green,Gerrard Warren,Tim Couch,(feel free to stop me at anytime)Courtney Brown,Cameron Wimbley.

I don't know if Quinn fits that group or not but we need to manup here get a legit backup QB and then be prepared to use him, in week three not week twelve after the seasons in the shitter

If your talking about Balt, I think many members of this board could go be their HC and win 6-8 games. The talent on that D is just sick and has been for years.

Great point as usual Masters!

I think it's all about HOW they draft, which maintains cap health better than an overeliance on free agency. I don't BLAME injuries to Baxter, Bentley, and Andruzzi on the GM; BUT because they're FAs with enormous price tags - it clobbers your cap if they can only wear blue jeans on Sundays. Therefore, bad choices to overpay guys like Shaffer, Shaun Smith, Antwaan Peek, Ted Washington, Jason Fisk, Matt Stewart and Donte Stallworth really create a profound effect over time. I'm puzzled when I hear our cap health isn't very good when I look at a 4-12 record showing me we weren't even good enough to score an offensive TD the final 6 weeks. Not even Detroit can lay claim to such an embarassing reality.

It's WHY we need to draft MORE impact players like a Joe Thomas. A LT like that had a ginormous impact on our 2007 season. AND, adding Steinbach was one of the BEST free agent signings we had next to Shaun Rogers. We need more homeruns like Josh Cribbs anywhere from round 2 to the land of the undrafted rookie FAs. Eric Wright is another very good pick that really changed my mind in 2008. We need to draft BETTER in the trenches on both sides after round 1 IMO.

Baltimore doesn't DO safe - they say "okay, we'll take this Ray Lewis that the first 25 teams shyed away from because of his disappointing 40 times. We WATCHED his film and his 1st step instincts and level of prep makes him the quickest guy on the field." Of course that was before they added Ed Reed. And another guy that ran disappointing 40 times that slid all the way down to the Rats was T Suggs. Rumored to be blazing quick because he played that way but many of the the WRONG scouts ENABLED him to slide to the Rat's doorstep. Shame on them for doing so. If you REFUSE to review game films of players to see HOW instinctive and smart a player is - then you're not in the right business judging personnel. Balt has also done the blue collar guys in round 1 too like Ngata-now Danyason and Jon Ogden. Two words: game film.

Even when they drafted Jamal Lewis at something like #4 overall - ALOT of scouts wondered the extent of Lewis' wear and tear from 2 seasons before the draft hinting Travis Henry got more carries and played better in his final season at UT. Balt didn't do safe - they saw a 240 pound kid bench pressing 450 pounds and running 4.2s and 4.3s straight ahead with the understandign that the next season would be season #2 post injury. Translation to them? Upside. Translation to a LBer corps led by Andra Davis? "UH-OH!" Lewis got 500 of his 2000 yards in 6 quarters of football against our freaking LBers. You know what the WORST part of that is? Andra Davis was STILL starting for us 4-5 freakin years later and I don't feel like saying FREAKIN. That's atrocious personnel evaluating.

- Tom F. (Obviously, I didn't need that 4th cup of coffee today)

Guest Aloysius
And another guy that ran disappointing 40 times that slid all the way down to the Rats was T Suggs. Rumored to be blazing quick because he played that way but many of the the WRONG scouts ENABLED him to slide to the Rat's doorstep. Shame on them for doing so. If you REFUSE to review game films of players to see HOW instinctive and smart a player is - then you're not in the right business judging personnel.

You're right - Phil Savage was right to ignore T-Sizzle's poor 40 time (4.84) at his pro day.

Guest Ghoolie
You know Ghoolie...I don't get on your case(this is the first time either one of us have talked to each other) because in many instances, I agree in part with what you say, the part I have quoted included.

I am not one of these fans who just places other fans in the shit can because they root for another team. I like other fans perspective because as fans we ALL....YOU INCLUDED....sometimes have a hard time being objective about the team for which we root and offer some legit comments about other teams....but...

All the other stuff you posted was crap and smack talk.

You have no clue what I said or felt about the players you mentioned, so if you are going to talk to me, do so in a reasonable way or just ignore my posts...I am not here to talk crap with you.

I think you are a pretty smart guy, but possibly a little insecure as you do tend to look for ways to agitate.

Part of the message board culture I suppose, but a part I choose not to engage.

So, you take it from there.

Good luck today...as I will be pulling for the Steelers...all the way now since the Titans are out...I am not anxious to see the Steelers lose so I can laugh at some guy on a message board.

Ball Peen, you make good points. If you knew me you would realize I'm not insecure and I certainly am not a hateful guy. It's simply Lombardi mentality. SOme people just can't take it, usually they are democrats, you know, people without moral conviction or substance.

Nobody has ever said ANYTHING on a message board that has made me walk away being insulted, offended, mad or any other such thing. I just don't get that shit at all. Boo Hoo, someone marginalized me on a message board. Boo Hoo I AM SOMEBODY and I WILL NOT BE TALKED TO LIEK THAT. C mon man, this is football not some pussy-ass tea and crumpets show. Nobody deserves respect here and I sure as hell am not going to feel bad because some nincompoop gets offended here.

Go Steelers.

I OWULD love to see either the Steelers or Ravens in the SB again. It will drive home the nail even deeper about how bad Lerner ownership is.

Lerner needs to go.

Well your first post said, we didnt win a championship so we sucked, which is so far from the truth for alot of teams, now did we suck this year, of course, have we sucked for many years, of course, I have lived many of them and Im tired of sucking too, but honestly if we can consistently make it to the playoffs 4-6 years in a row and make the right moves to get further each year, then you cant count that down as a sucky season. Maybe failed, but not sucky...... you were talking about other teams doing it like Miami, and Atlanta and Arizona, and Arizona isnt going to win the Super Bowl this year, at least in my opinion..... You are saying they did it and at the same time if they dont win the Super Bowl you are saying they suck, so you are contradicting yourself

that was my point

Fair enough.....but losing playoff games doesn't make me feel good. As a matter of fact, you end up feeling worse.

This way you know you are done by halftime of the second game of the season rather than think you can actually win the thing and don't.

Archived