THE BROWNS BOARD

QB rating ... how accurate is it ?

BrownIndian

As a rating of one game it means relatively little - I've seen QBs have great games, followed by mediocre games with the mediocre game earning them a better rating.

But if you're looking at an entire season and you see a 30 point difference, you've got to begin giving that some more significant respect as a stat

Im watching Titans Vs Ravens and they showed the QB rating.

QB Rating

Flacco : 108 Collins: 79

TD

Flacco: 1/0 Collins: 0/1

Throws:

Flacco: 3/8 Collins 12/18

Looking at this, I feel that Collins is the better QB yet Flacco gets the higher rating.

The rating doesn't really tell a complete story over only a half of football, especially one where a QB throws the ball only 8 times.

Well if your lumbergh QB rating doesn't mean shit when your lover can't get out of the mid 60's.

Except that one game where it was 100+ then it became the end all be all.

That one game and it came to be one of the Ten Commandments.

Course when Queen had a 104 on two days prep (his only healthy game) it was strictly bullshit.

As a rating of one game it means relatively little - I've seen QBs have great games, followed by mediocre games with the mediocre game earning them a better rating.

But if you're looking at an entire season and you see a 30 point difference, you've got to begin giving that some more significant respect as a stat

Bingo. It's like batting averages in the first week of the season.

So, like almost any stat, the larger the number studied (passes), the more accurate the information will be.

Archived