THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger's helmet still doesn't fit after concussion

Mr. T

Roethlisberger finds helmet too small

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is dealing with a swollen head, an issue that has troubled many NFL quarterbacks. Only this time, it's not the result of too many commercial endorsements, a big contract or too much fan praise.

When the Steelers quarterback resumed practicing this week, he realized his helmet didn't fit right. He sustained a concussion Dec. 28 against Cleveland, and spent last week getting over headaches associated with the hit.

"I had a little headache after putting the helmet on because it was so tight," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "But we'll deal with it and move on."

After receiving a concussion during the 2006 season, Roethlisberger declined to switch to a newer style of helmet designed to better protect against concussions. He apparently has not switched helmets this time, either, preferring to stay with the model he has traditionally worn.

Roethlisberger has had three concussions in three years, one in the June 2006 motorcycle accident in which he was seriously injured while not wearing a helmet. He has not been spotted riding a motorcycle in public since.

Roethlisberger sat out the second half of the Cleveland game, but will return Sunday for the Steelers' AFC divisional game against San Diego.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...ce=NFLHeadlines

they should do an mri there is probably some swelling and should not be playing it can be life and death.

concussion.jpg

Does this thread have even have a point?? The Steelers as a football team are as healthy as they have been all year long especially compared to the Chargers. And for the Chargers to come in here banged up and not 100 percent into bad weather and playing on the East Coast where they have been an horrific road team for most of this season does not boad well for them...

Does this thread have even have a point?? The Steelers as a football team are as healthy as they have been all year long especially compared to the Chargers. And for the Chargers to come in here banged up and not 100 percent into bad weather and playing on the East Coast where they have been an horrific road team for most of this season does not boad well for them...

Yeah, yeah...."we're invincible...those west coast guys don't have a prayer....yada yada yada." It's funny to watch you guys all whistling past the graveyard.

Oh and by the way, the word is "bode."

Doug

Yeah, yeah...."we're invincible...those west coast guys don't have a prayer....yada yada yada." It's funny to watch you guys all whistling past the graveyard.

Oh and by the way, the word is "bode."

Doug

Furns, good luck on trying to edumacate the inbreds.

I would call you a choad for wasting your time, but you're my boy.

Weekend of a playoff game and you are still on another team's board hand jobbing your own team to the tune of whining about another message board posting??

You are guys truly are inbreds. Truly.

He had a concussion and his head hasn't fully recovered.He will still play. Wasn't there a Brown put on IR becuase of a finger?

McFly, thanks for confirming your genius as a Pissburgh roid fan.

Catching one liners and jokes..........not quite the same in the Puke as catching an Iron City and a fat bitch.

McFly, thanks for confirming your genius as a Pissburgh roid fan.

Catching one liners and jokes..........not quite the same in the Puke as catching an Iron City and a fat bitch.

What Steelers did roids? Then narrow that list down to players thats did roids after it became against the rules.

What Steelers did roids? Then narrow that list down to players thats did roids after it became against the rules.

Better yet my chock full of wit Puker friend, why don't you tell me what Piss and Black players haven't juiced like blue hairs at a continental breakfast.

Furns, good luck on trying to edumacate the inbreds.

I would call you a choad for wasting your time, but you're my boy.

Hey "choad" rhymes with "bode." I'm gonna have to find a way to work that into my Yinzer bashing routine.

Doug

I guess it's just me, I mean I know these guys get paid millions of dollars, but going out there even though your head is swelling to the point your helmet doesn't fit just smacks of taking an awfully big risk with your health.

Some responsibility (actually a lot of it) has to fall on the Steelers coaching staff, Ben will always want to play, say what you want about the guy, but you can't deny he's tough and as long as he can walk he'll play, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be out there.

I dunno guys, I just have a bad feeling, with that porous O-line we could witness a real tragedy on Sunday. All joking and ball busting aside with this rivalry, it's a dudes life for christs sake.

I agree 100%, he was interviewed him on the Pittsburgh news and just passed the memory test earlier this week. So it took about a week and a half for him to pass that test just to practice. He could be in big trouble tomorrow healthwise if their O-line doesn't protect him well.

I guess it's just me, I mean I know these guys get paid millions of dollars, but going out there even though your head is swelling to the point your helmet doesn't fit just smacks of taking an awfully big risk with your health.

Some responsibility (actually a lot of it) has to fall on the Steelers coaching staff, Ben will always want to play, say what you want about the guy, but you can't deny he's tough and as long as he can walk he'll play, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be out there.

I dunno guys, I just have a bad feeling, with that porous O-line we could witness a real tragedy on Sunday. All joking and ball busting aside with this rivalry, it's a dudes life for christs sake.

First, there is no rivalry.

Second, you're a bigger drama queen than Ben - and that says a lot.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Regards

..... an'at

First, there is no rivalry.

Second, you're a bigger drama queen than Ben - and that says a lot.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Regards

..... an'at

Actually you are Ignorant and if Big Ben wants to play and has swelling on the brain the coaches and medical staff have a responsibility to make him sit one hit and he could die.

At this point its not how tuff you are or if your a man its called being smart.

Hey knuckle dragger, 50 something years of rivalry history isn't erased by 8 years of one sided defeats, if that were the case then the Browns ended the rivalry with the Steelers before it began, and then again in the 80's.

Perhaps if your knowledge of the history of these teams didn't start in 1999 you would know that.

Every post of yours brings the collective IQ of this board down another point.

Maybe for yinz, but there's no rivalry from where we sit.

Hell, our only rival in the AFCN are the ratbirds.

I know yinz hate us and are plotting our demise like a Pinky and the Brain episode, but trust me - nobody talks Browns rivalry in Pittsburgh except for cheezy local sportscasters.

Regards

..... an'at

That's because the collective knowledge of football in the town of pittsburgh is only rivaled by the town of Chimara in Nigeria.

But your right, there is no rivalry whatsoever, that's why you've spent the better part of a year posting on our message board, beause, ya know, there is no rivalry and we are of no significance whatsoever.

Do you realize how incredibly stupid you sound with every post?

I can't help but laugh and start to think that you are our Tony Clifton. That will probably sail over your head, which is of no surprise.

Tony Clifton?

Fantastic, my new sig pic.

Regards

..... an'at

Guest Ghoolie
[...ce=NFLHeadlines[/url]

they should do an mri there is probably some swelling and should not be playing it can be life and death.

concussion.jpg

An MRI is not going to do shit for the Chargers. They're already dead.

Archived