THE BROWNS BOARD

Gran Torino Is a Must See!!!!

Flugel

Folks,

The Warden and I watched Clint Eastwood's new movie yesterday and let me tell you: WOW! Blown away!!! The first 15 minutes or so were slow but they had to build up the characters I guess. If you go just know the story gets WAY better and you have a better understanding of each of the main characters to make sense of the whole thang. It's now my favorite Clint Eastwood movie.

I won't tell you what happens or any of that. I just hope you get to see it.

- Tom F.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Tom. I'm down to that and Doubt... and Last Chance Harry... as movies I really want to see. I think I've seen everything else.

You BET! Since I went to high school with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and his brother Gordon, I catch EVERY movie he's in. I'm not sure EVERYONE will like Doubt like I did; BUT the acting in that movie is second to none and the story seemed so REAL. I liked it because it went a little differently than I thought it would and it made you really think.

What's WEIRD about Hoffman is that he's had MUCH BETTER movies than Capote but for some reason that's the one that got him the big trophy. I can just hear his brother telling him he makes a perfect fag. Hilarious family. Their mom is/was judge in Rochester, NY.

- Tom F.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No doubt it was good.

One thing I notice about Eastwood films ....he like them dark...as in lighting...He seems to have a knack for lighting and what he wants to convey...he might be well served to bring back the art of filming in black and white and produce a movie filmed in that discipline. I think he could nail it.

No doubt it was good.

One thing I notice about Eastwood films ....he like them dark...as in lighting...He seems to have a knack for lighting and what he wants to convey...he might be well served to bring back the art of filming in black and white and produce a movie filmed in that discipline. I think he could nail it.

I think it was a motif. Not sure, what other of his movie's did that. Million Dollar Baby?

I was never a HUGE Eastwood fan, he was OK. After this one, I am going to go back and watch some of his other stuff.

Archived