THE BROWNS BOARD

Trayvon Martin

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number of times Fox News had mentioned the Martin case between the shooting and March 19th?

Once.

Well duh,

They need to fit in the fact that Christianity is being attacked, America isn't like it was when you were young in the 50s and tht's scary, Christman is under attack, the world is ending and those damn kids won't get off of your lawn!

Yes. He's Hispanic.

And I didn't think you'd address the topic I raised. I suspect you know this is true, but aren't much for self-reflection.

Self reflection?

Sorry, what great personal evil do you want me to admit to here?

Seems like I said it probably wouldn't have gone down that way at the races been reversed.

On either side.

But it certainly could have. Florida has a large hispanic population and I'm sure they have their own version of sharpton.

WSS

Because you don't even want to entertain the idea that race had something to do with this. You don't even want people to investigate whether it did. It doesn't fit with your belief that everyone who cries racism is full of shit.

Even though it seems pretty clear that this kid's race helped make him a suspect, and led to his death.

Do you think this kid would be dead today if he were a white kid in a hoodie? My brother-in-law is an A and B student who wears a hoodie all the time, but he's white. Do I think that this would have happened to him? Of course not.

Do you? Do you really think the fact that he was black played zero part in this?

So while we're at it let's admit that there is a huge disparity with black on white and white on black crime.

that means there are many many more white people murdered by blacks every year. In the hundreds or even the thousands. And knowing the justice system it's a safe bet that a good percentage of the perpetrators got off scot free.

How many of those did cnn or the new york times or m s n b c cover? None?

And why would that be?

Where is holder during those cases?

Where are you Heck?

WSS

Don't change the subject. (While proving my point.) Answer the question. Do you think that kid is dead if he's a white kid wearing a hoodie and walking through that neighborhood?

We can go down your side track later.

AgAin, since you sAy you cAn ActuAlly reAd why not go bAck A couple of posts 2 to one you even responded to And reAd whAt I sAid.

WSS

Now can you quit boring me with the fake illiteracy bit?

WSS

Maybe I'm not getting it because you're not even answering the relevant question. We're not asking whether a black guy would be in trouble if he'd shot a Hispanic guy. Nor are the police. Come on, man. Get in the game.

Do you think Martin's race had anything to do with him being followed? Do you think a white kid in a hoodie in this same situation ends up dead?

You really couldn't be proving my point more if you tried.

Maybe I'm not getting it because you're not even answering the relevant question. We're not asking whether a black guy would be in trouble if he'd shot a Hispanic guy. Nor are the police. Come on, man. Get in the game.

Do you think Martin's race had anything to do with him being followed? Do you think a white kid in a hoodie in this same situation ends up dead?

It's obvIous to anyone read my statement.

I have no idea why you want to be obtuse about this.

And now you're just wasting our time.

WSS

How to read slowly so you can understand. I think we all agreed that race played a part in this.

Like I said it probabLy wouLd have gone down the way it did have the races been different.

Now you demaNd to kNow whether or Not the hispaNic lunatic would have shot so youNg white kid who look suspicious to him?

Possibly.

My guess that would be less likely.

But who knows?

Zimmerman may have hated white people too.

So what?

We do knoW that you sick bastards are using it as a campaign device.

WSS Wss

Look man, black people kill white people all the time. It's just that liberals and civil rights groups don't care. They seem to think whitey owes the blacks some lives for slavery or what the fuck ever. It's fuckin' bullshit of the highest magnitude. White guilt crap and I don't have it. I don't owe black people anything, but a fair shot. I agree that Travon Martin didn't get it, but stop the outraged shit, ok?

You want to try this one now?

So while we're at it let's admit that there is a huge disparity with black on white and white on black crime.

that means there are many many more white people murdered by blacks every year. In the hundreds or even the thousands. And knowing the justice system it's a safe bet that a good percentage of the perpetrators got off scot free.

Well, the FBI keeps statistics on this stuff, homicides motivated by race, etc. And guess what? Do you think your statement is correct, roughly in the ballpark, or wildly off the mark?

It's one of those three.

I'm just an obtuse, sick bastard, I guess, wanting simple answers to straight forward questions.

I don't think that's the case.

I think you were perfectly aware of the answer.

I think it's in old debate tactic to keep asking someone to repeat something over and over and over until you find a wording you can bicker with

And the reason this story is huge now?

Why would the new york times msnbc and cnn be pounding the hell out of it?

Do you suppose someone is running for reelection and needs his most monolithic base to turn out in big numbers again?

WSS

You want to try this one now?

[b

Well, the FBI keeps statistics on this stuff, homicides motivated by race, etc. And guess what? Do you think your statement is correct, roughly in the ballpark, or wildly off the mark?

It's one of those three.

Changing the subject? After that heart wrenching, but apparently disingenuous, speech about straight answers ?

WSS

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCwQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5vMZLrms86M&ei=HltsT9zOFY-40QGTi6XHBg&usg=AFQjCNFcxzD2aOrh6T57x9nb_BlEShtjhQ

I'm not in love with this link but do you think it's accurate?

That is before we change the subject to hate crime legislation.....

And why except to bolster the political standing of your party would you brush any of this under the rug?

WSS

Um...yeah. I'll agree. This is not the type of proof I was looking for. Steve, you just sent me a link from a white power group. A propaganda video from a white power group.

I'm not sure I know what to think here...

Again, the FBI keeps statistics on crime. One of those statistics are crimes motivated by race. They also monitor crimes against people for reasons of religion or sexual orientation, etc. They do the type of crime. They break them all down by race, age, region, etc. It's quite thorough. They're released every year. Perhaps those would be better than a link from WhiteIgnite.

Changing the subject? After that heart wrenching, but apparently disingenuous, speech about straight answers ?

WSS

You have got to be kidding me.

Think of it as resignation, since you're unable to have that conversation for the reasons I stated at the very beginning. It was all too predictable, complete with the three references to Al Sharpton in the last 48 hours.

It just got uninteresting really quick. I can only beat my head against a wall so much. But if you'd like to continue on that thread, I suppose I can summon the self-loathing to oblige.

So which part do you want to address? The racial aspects of the case? The stand your ground laws? Or do you just want to keep banging the drum about how you wish everyone reacted to these situations the same way you do, and then something about Al Sharpton?

You really seem to have a tough time understanding why cases like this grab the nation's attention, or why politicians react to cases that grab the national attention.

Archived