THE BROWNS BOARD

Same finish as usual for Sweater Vests Buckeyes. Nothing new at all.

romeotressel

As a life long Ohio State fan I am once again left to wonder what direction Jim Tressel is taking the Ohio State program. He settles for way too many field goal attempts. He is way too conservative. The field goals may work against Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy but USC, LSU, Florida and now Texas are not the inferior opponents that Tressel likes to beat up on. I don't believe that Ohio States talent is so inferior to these teams and that will be evident in the NFL draft as several Buckeyes will be taken in the first round. I believe the coaching is terrible. Mack Brown's halftime adjustments made Tressel look stupid once again. If Tressel must remain the coach, he must fire Bollman and Heacock and hire some coordinators that can adjust during the game. I hope Beanie goes to the NFL, he will be eaten alive by real men. He can't play a single game without being hurt. He won't make it 4 games into an NFL season before he is out! Tressel needs to quit being a politician and start coaching football. Ohio State needs to quit playing the patsies at the beginning of the season and then want national respect at the end of the season. I can't wait for the day when that overpaid, underachieving, sweater vest wearing, field goal loving, Big 10 defending, conservative play calling sorry excuse for an Ohio State coach is no longer on the sidelines. He has taken Ohio State to a national embarrasment during his tenure and it will only get worse.

As a life long Ohio State fan I am once again left to wonder what direction Jim Tressel is taking the Ohio State program. He settles for way too many field goal attempts. He is way too conservative. The field goals may work against Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy but USC, LSU, Florida and now Texas are not the inferior opponents that Tressel likes to beat up on. I don't believe that Ohio States talent is so inferior to these teams and that will be evident in the NFL draft as several Buckeyes will be taken in the first round. I believe the coaching is terrible. Mack Brown's halftime adjustments made Tressel look stupid once again. If Tressel must remain the coach, he must fire Bollman and Heacock and hire some coordinators that can adjust during the game. I hope Beanie goes to the NFL, he will be eaten alive by real men. He can't play a single game without being hurt. He won't make it 4 games into an NFL season before he is out! Tressel needs to quit being a politician and start coaching football. Ohio State needs to quit playing the patsies at the beginning of the season and then want national respect at the end of the season. I can't wait for the day when that overpaid, underachieving, sweater vest wearing, field goal loving, Big 10 defending, conservative play calling sorry excuse for an Ohio State coach is no longer on the sidelines. He has taken Ohio State to a national embarrasment during his tenure and it will only get worse.

Go root for Michigan Faq

Love Phil

I'd much rather go back to the Cooper days...2-10-1 against Michigan....Are you kidding me? Tressel is the best thing to happen to the Buckeyes since Woody... Conservative is the way Tressel won at YSU (4 National Championships) and a 14-0 National Championship @ OSU. The staff should remain the same and OSU can keep playing for titles and beating the team up north.

What the H man?

Does Tressel have a few issues he needs to address? Yes. Tressel has stumbled upon a weakness and the question is will he continue to ignore it or will he do the right thing and seek help in the form of an offensive coordinator and maybe a change on the defensive side?

Am I happy we've lost the last 3 bowl games? No, but I'm not going to be arrogant enough to believe we automatically have the right to expect a win every single year.

Pansy teams at the beginning of the year? Do You realize the first two games are in my opinion the equivalent of the NFL preseason? It's a warm up man. Texas or USC week 3... pansy team?

So we play in a conference that's behind a few others right now. Sucks. I agree. But I have to admit, big ten right now not looking so hot as a whole.

Losses happen bro. If that's not good enough for ya, I suggest rooting for USC. Might be your best shot at happiness next year.

Going to 2 of the last 3 title games is hardly an embarrasment.

Bob Stoops has lost his last 5 BCS games, including a loss to Boise St.

3 losses the last 3 BCS games

You want to tell me Masters who were those top teams Ohio St defeated to get to the BCS games every year

Ohio St plays one of the easiest schedules every year, with there schedule to get 9-10 wins they just need to show up.

The biggest problem Ohio St has is that top recruits are going to start looking to go to other schools who play a more wide open system and Ohio St won't be getting those players

Anyone who lived through the John Cooper years can not POSSIBLY be anything but ecstatic at what Tressel has done for Ohio State. Yeah, he needs to work on some things, but I hope he stays in Columbus for another 40 years.

Doug

Jim reminds me of how Gruden coaches. Playing to kick field goals, keeping it close until the fourth and then win the game.Horrible play calling and really, horrible defense when it counted. Tressel got outcoahced bad. He lost the game. another big one lost.

I don't get all the idol worship he gets. He did great at Youngstown, but can't win when it really counts.

his bowl record shows when the level of competition increases he loses:

Jan. 5, 2009 BCS Fiesta Bowl - Texas 24, Ohio St. 21 Embarrassing

Jan. 7, 2008 BCS National Championship-LSU 38, Ohio St. 24 Embarrassing

Jan. 8, 2007 BCS National Championship-Florida 41, Ohio St. 14 Embarrassing

Jan. 2, 2006 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 34, Notre Dame 20 Mediocre win

Dec. 29, 2004 Alamo Bowl-Ohio St. 33, Oklahoma St. 7 Mediocre win

Jan. 2, 2004 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 35, Kansas St. 28 Ok win

Jan. 3, 2003 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 31, Miami 24, 2OT Lucky win with help

Jan. 1, 2002 Outback Bowl-South Carolina 31, Ohio St. 28 Embarrassing

Guest Masters
3 losses the last 3 BCS games

You want to tell me Masters who were those top teams Ohio St defeated to get to the BCS games every year

Ohio St plays one of the easiest schedules every year, with there schedule to get 9-10 wins they just need to show up.

The biggest problem Ohio St has is that top recruits are going to start looking to go to other schools who play a more wide open system and Ohio St won't be getting those players

And Stoops has lost 5 straight BCS games. Do you think he should lose his job too?

Did I say OSU defeated a bunch of top teams to get there? Is it really relivant? They got there didn't they? So according to the BCS formula, they play a tough enough schedule, even when they had one loss. It isn't OSU's fault the Big Ten is in a slump. I can point to any team in the SEC, Pac-10, or Big 12 and point out weak competition in schedules.

Guest Masters
you are happy getting killed by USC, LSU, FLA, TX?

Make Urban Meyer an offer and get rid of choking sweatervest. He is a GOOD coach in DIV 1 AA, just stinks in DIV 1 A.

Please Urban Meyer come to Ohio State

Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas :rolleyes:

Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas :rolleyes:

I don't think you have a chance at intelligent conversation with the person that started this thread Masters. He couldn't hang with you. Besides, his agenda isn't to dicuss football - it's to be insulting to an entire fanbase. I only read the last post of this thread because I saw your name.

Tressell has been consistent BUT I couldn't help calling out some of those that overrated Tressell's ability enough to tell us all for 5-7 straight years he should be the mind behind the Browns. I've never HATED the guy as accused but I think he's learned the painful difference between how to beat the Youngstown State competition and what it takes to beat teams outside of the Big 10. That doesn't slam dunk ready for the NFL to me; but, I think he could win about 4 more National Titles for Youngstown State.

- Tom F.

Guest Masters
I don't think you have a chance at intelligent conversation with the person that started this thread Masters. He couldn't hang with you. Besides, his agenda isn't to dicuss football - it's to be insulting to an entire fanbase. I only read the last post of this thread because I saw your name.

Tressell has been consistent BUT I couldn't help calling out some of those that overrated Tressell's ability enough to tell us all for 5-7 straight years he should be the mind behind the Browns. I've never HATED the guy as accused but I think he's learned the painful difference between how to beat the Youngstown State competition and what it takes to beat teams outside of the Big 10. That doesn't slam dunk ready for the NFL to me; but, I think he could win about 4 more National Titles for Youngstown State.

- Tom F.

Tom we 100% agree that Tressel is not and never will be an NFL coach. His game style does not fit it. On top of that, I believe Jimmy T when he has said he doesn't want to coach in the NFL as well.

Archived