THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis To Kansas City

professor_g

Baloney. Hell with Hillis. He got the gigantic big head, and wanted to cash in. The Browns TRIED.

But Hillis and his agent(S) blew it hugely. Good for the Browns - Hillis burnt his bridges, now he had to go somewhere.

GOOD RIDDANCE ! Now, we need a rb that is a TEAM PLAYER.. @@

"Tony Zarella, from WOIO in Cleveland, is reporting the Browns are preparing to offer Hillis a three year incentive-laden contract. Zarella reported last November the Browns offered Hillis a three year 16.5 Million dollar contract that they just took off the table. Peyton is a tremendous talent for the Browns despite all the drama surrounding the back from Arkansas."

Ya but all the Browns had to do to keep him for next season was 3 million for one year. Even less since he said he would resign for less that others offer. But the Browns didn't even send him and offer, even when his agent called and said "this is your chance to match what they want to give us. IF you do Hillis will sign with the Browns." It would have been easy and cheap to keep and and see what he could do next season.

Word ive been hearing is that Houston wants are 22nd pick for Tate,or to swap 1sts 22 for 26 and us throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick...

Richardson is a great back I dono who gave that lil report on him but his biggest weakness is his breakaway speed he has great hands outta the backfield..Hes just not gonna run away from anyone at the next level hes gonna get his yards but he wont be a big homerun threat..

As far as Hillis is concerned wish we could have kept him simply because were not in position to lose talent at any spot when we have so many needs, we will have to address the position in the draft or u cant count on a 4-12 season again..

I am going to need to start seeing links for this. He said she said bullshit. The only thing making this story true is a comment some guy made on the radio. No one at the plains dealer has reported on it and no one at ESPN, but some how people are hearing that the price just keeps moving up. Links or it doesn't exist.

Bottom line is that he is gone. He is now a Chief and we have to move on.

Exactly

Hillis & Charles will make a nice combo out in KC.

It's going to be nasty, and when the Browns don't play them I'll even root for him. Charles will still be getting over his ACL injury, so Hillis should get a decent amount of carries next season. Thunder and Lightning.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at it, there really are quite a few options at HB in the draft for later rounds.

At this point I wonder what type of RB they are wanting. Speed or Size?... There aren't a lot of 'big' RBs in the draft...

There is a lot of potential speed though.

Hillis is shit. We just took a good shit.

Bravo, Browns.

You are becoming a Peggy Lee poster, Ghoolie. Is that all there is? Is that all there is to your commententary?

OK, but now, who are the Browns going to have to run the ball?

If you don't have an answer, then keep on dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjhJLhSbYg&feature=related

Hillis is shit. We just took a good shit.

Bravo, Browns.

Get back to me after this year. If he only runs for 500 yards the Chiefs overpaid him.

We may (in your words) have flushed some crap- however, we're now likely going to have to use a draft pick to re-load the commode. Hardesty's a crip, Oobi-goobi is a practice squad player and Brandon Jackson (who was signed last year as a third down back) is coming off of a toe owie. Have a couple of other guys on the roster as RBs that you probably never heard of- so let's hear it for Armond Smith! the next Emmitt Smith!!!!

Hillis has to prove himself all over again and he probably will. I see him having a strong season with the Chiefs, but then afterward the boneheaded kid will come out again and he'll play the same old crap he did with Cleveland. 2013 he'll screw around and end up pissing off KC. Damn shame a kid with a fair amount of talent is such a bonehead.

3 teams in 4 years is nothing to be proud of, the good ones that last, don't usually see that kind of rotation, unless they're baggage is too much - T.O., Randy Moss, etc.

I could easily see him looking for a home again in 2013 or 2014 or his career being done.

Get back to me after this year. If he only runs for 500 yards the Chiefs overpaid him.

We may (in your words) have flushed some crap- however, we're now likely going to have to use a draft pick to re-load the commode. Hardesty's a crip, Oobi-goobi is a practice squad player and Brandon Jackson (who was signed last year as a third down back) is coming off of a toe owie. Have a couple of other guys on the roster as RBs that you probably never heard of- so let's hear it for Armond Smith! the next Emmitt Smith!!!!

I do hope Armond Smith gets another good shot in camp, and has worked his fumbles out his system, as the small glimpse I saw of him he has that speed we need to add into the backfield.

I do hope Armond Smith gets another good shot in camp, and has worked his fumbles out his system, as the small glimpse I saw of him he has that speed we need to add into the backfield.

im eager to see him after a year practicing as well.

I was surprised when I heard Hillis went to KC the other day. For some reason I thought you guys locked him up for a few years last season. I'm also surprised at how low of a contract he took to leave Cleveland. So what does the poster Hillis-is-Boss (or somesuch) change his name to?

>>Nice move Browns. Now we have to use one of those cherished draft picks on a roster spot, rather than re-signing a proven player. We saved all those draft picks by passing on the RG3 deal (which i was glad to see), and now we throw a pick away.>>

Here's my take, Ed. In short, addition by subtraction. His actions off the field and his fumbles on the field punched his ticket. If the organization believes he didn't give his best effort, they had to remove him from the team. If - for nothing else - to maintain respect and credibility from the players and coaching staff.

I remember Leroy Hord and he ain't no Leroy Hord.

>>This team is on an endless treadmill.>>

COMMON GROUND!!!!!!

Why do I like the Browns?

1. my hillis jersey will now compliment my winslow,frye, edwards, and droughns one in collecting dust.

2. the media bullshit surrounding Hillis was the Brown's fault. They never clarified anything with ppl and kept their mouths shut even when answers (actual answers) would've helped them.

3. a 1 year, 3 million dollar contract> the browns offer? you are pathetic cleveland. the one fuckin dude who, even w injuries and media problems, did more for the offense than the fuckin head coach last year

4. cant wait to watch hillis demolish our run d this year. why THE FUCK would u not keep a guy like this?

5. it seems the front office pays no attention to the record, or tallying of wins and losses for the team, and also pays no attention to who helps put points up and who doesnt

6. is it just me or is holmgren and his staff TRULY this arrogant? like they dont need players that produce and they arent "worthy" of being in Cleveland? are u kidding me?

7. my thoughts are running together angrily so ive lost track of what i was saying

8. when shit like this happens, i must say, it tests our faith as fans. i LOVE the browns, as a history, team, franchise, fanbase, joke of the AFC north, underdog, and now the Hillis-less team they are. Hillis was one of my favorite athletes, and i remember thinking "if the browns trade away him, i might just stop following CLE", but guess what......Im here, and I suprisingly dont feel any different about the team.

no matter how many boneheads run the team, how many good players we throw away, no matter how many games we lose, no matter how many facepalms i commit while watching them on sunday

i still fuckin love the browns. i must be crazy

6. is it just me or is holmgren and his staff TRULY this arrogant? like they dont need players that produce and they arent "worthy" of being in Cleveland? are u kidding me?

I think they very well may be. To them it seems it is all about their "system" their "process". They think that just because they have had some success in the past with it in Green Bay and Seattle that they merely need to put their system in place and it will eventually succeed.

Well, maybe they are right. But they need to prove it.

This is a "what have you done lately" league. And lately they have done diddley.

And, fyi, it is only one short syllable from arrogance to ignorance.

The more I look at it, there really are quite a few options at HB in the draft for later rounds.

At this point I wonder what type of RB they are wanting. Speed or Size?... There aren't a lot of 'big' RBs in the draft...

There is a lot of potential speed though.

You spend the number 4 overall pick on a back that is FAST and STRONG. You spend that pick with a smile knowing that you're getting an everydown back that can do it ALL. He's a player that teams will have to be accountable for each and every game. He's all about team and doesn't have a diva or me-first personality... His name is Trent Richardson, and he's a beast, In fact his nickname is "The Beast in the Hoodie"... nice. I like him better than Hillis already.

You spend the number 4 overall pick on a back that is FAST and STRONG. You spend that pick with a smile knowing that you're getting an everydown back that can do it ALL. He's a player that teams will have to be accountable for each and every game. He's all about team and doesn't have a diva or me-first personality... His name is Trent Richardson, and he's a beast, In fact his nickname is "The Beast in the Hoodie"... nice. I like him better than Hillis already.

funny everyone was saying the exact same shit about hillis. ill take a claiborne over richardson any draft any round

There is a very BIG difference between Hillis and Richardson. Hillis was drafted as a FB. Richardson is an ELITE NFL RUNNINGBACK PROSPECT! Hillis was great in 2010 but his true colors showed this last season and him picking KC over us tells all. Hillis was never that fast, he was big and powerful and deceptively elusive but not on Trent Richardson's level... not even close.

You are becoming a Peggy Lee poster, Ghoolie. Is that all there is? Is that all there is to your commententary?

OK, but now, who are the Browns going to have to run the ball?

If you don't have an answer, then keep on dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjhJLhSbYg&feature=related

"Let's bring out the Booze and have a ball." That's my theory.

I have always liked Peggy Lee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dgaBjvWfI

kinda being a little hard on ummm "oobi goobi." kinda funny when he started to get into groove hillis got cured of cancer or whatever.... and he was the only rb that could stay healthy...

There is a very BIG difference between Hillis and Richardson. Hillis was drafted as a FB. Richardson is an ELITE NFL RUNNINGBACK PROSPECT! Hillis was great in 2010 but his true colors showed this last season and him picking KC over us tells all. Hillis was never that fast, he was big and powerful and deceptively elusive but not on Trent Richardson's level... not even close.

Hillis was got for a Brady Quinn pick. When healthy that guy could grind out a few yards. Richardson had a knee surgery unlike Hillis. Richardson would cost us a 1st round draft pick unlike Hillis. And Hillis for the cost of 1 year 3 mill is a bargain deal. Also Hillis did show his true colors. When KC made him an offer - His agent called the Browns to see if they would atleast match it. And they did not even make an offer, although they said in the public that they would take Hillis at the right price. Yup, it was Hillis who showed his colors alright.

kinda being a little hard on ummm "oobi goobi." kinda funny when he started to get into groove hillis got cured of cancer or whatever.... and he was the only rb that could stay healthy...

Maybe. He's certainly not feature back material, but he is a keeper.

I think Richardson was better, but now he seems more into body building than developing a football physic.

All he talked about pre-combine was doing more bench reps than any RB has ever done... and then he didn't show.

He looks overdeveloped now and a candidate for a muscle pull a week, as if there weren't enough injury concerns around him.

Bottom line: He's off my board.

quinn to the cheifs. one handoff to hillis from him would be epic

It is interesting. I always thought Quinn was a savage pick and not a Crennell guy. So, Im surprised to see him go to KC and RAC. But I cant hate on them. I wish them well,except when they play the Browns. Anyone else thinks with the way KC might be a much much better team this year and could be a dark horse? Eric Winston is a huge pickup.

Archived