THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis To Kansas City

professor_g

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns couldn't have screwed this up more could they? They got him for nothing, got production out of him, and then let him go and got even less back then they gave originally, which was pretty tough to do! And to top it off he only gets $3 million next year! PATHETIC BROWNS! You have outdone yourselves!

The Browns management truly are the other half that Carlin was referencing!

Nothing like pissing off a guy so much that they go to another crap team for less money!

Not the end of the world boys. However KCs running game with him and Charles will be sick next year. We have a great option if getting a great back with our 22nd pick or get Tate for the 3rd. Hillis was a bitch last year anyway.

While Hillis was very productive for the Browns in 2010, what is most vivid in my mind is the way he completely segregated himself from his teammates last year when he wasn't playing. I will not miss him.

Mike

Sorry guys, you don't let Hillis leave for a 1 year, $3mil contract.

For a team starved of players, we sure let them leave. On top of that we sign a woman abuser to a big contract on the same day.

I don't get it. Heckert is a goof.

Not the end of the world boys. However KCs running game with him and Charles will be sick next year. We have a great option if getting a great back with our 22nd pick or get Tate for the 3rd. Hillis was a bitch last year anyway.

Being a "bitch" is no reason to not resign someone, especially someone who's performed well for us and expressed interest in receiving a hometown discount to stay.

We essentially just wasted a draft pick by not resigning him, because (excluding the Ben Tate trade rumors) we don't seem to active in the FA market and RB is definitely a spot we'll have to address. Richardson will be no better than Hillis was, and is a waste of a #4 pick.

If they had balls, they'd sign Mike Tolbert and have a RBBC with Ogbannaya and Tolbert.

This was an ultimate mismanagement of personnel.

While Hillis was very productive for the Browns in 2010, what is most vivid in my mind is the way he completely segregated himself from his teammates last year when he wasn't playing. I will not miss him.

Mike

I don't disagree about his behavior but you don't let talent like his go for nothing! On a team of below average talent you can't afford to let him go for nothing. If they felt he wouldn't sign then they should have traded him mid season for something. Probably could have gotten a 3rd ot 4th round pick based on his 2010 production. We could have taken a flier on another RB with that pick.

Great move Browns.....let Hillis go over a one year $3 million dollar contract....geez that's like money you would give to a second string guard. If Peyton stays healthy he will have 1600 all purpose yards for the Chiefs in 2012.....the media campaign against this guy in Cleveland was unbelievable.....CIA career indeed....

I really think Hillis burnt some bridges and has become that diva ppl on here hate and the FO feels the same way. Our FO has been making big mistakes for years so this really is t a big deal, every year we all get giddy about the up coming season and think this is the one, but we usually hate our lives by week 7. Walrus should give back half of the 50 mil he got for a deal and use that on FA, but that wont happen. We most likley get Tate and Kolb and draft Blackmon with our 4th pick. After that will be a crap shoot.

Yeah....I remember all those bar fights he was in...then dissing Colt McCoy to the media....followed by him beating up his girlfriend....and then there was the DUI an marijuana found in his car....and I'll never forgive him slapping a coach....and then there was the time he threw his shoulder-pads into the fans.....and missing the Pittsburgh game so he could join the CIA in Afghanistan was unforgivable....geez a real "locker room cancer"

so looks like we will be trading up with the rams so they can get Blackman then we try for Richardson's at 6 and maybe an extra pick in the 2nd. So we would pick at 6 22 35 37 or 39. Richardson Floyd Perry Mcnutt... Cousins Turbin...I guess I could live with that

maybe Mike Tolbert is available

this is just crazy talk.

How is it crazy talk? They are both 4.5 runners from the SEC who like to work out.

What has Richardson done? And please, save the "HE CAN BENCH 475 POUNDS SO HES AUTOMATICALLY AMAZING!!!!1!" shit.

What has he done on the field? He benefits from being on a completely stacked team and his highlight reels show nothing but him trucking defensive backs who, for the most part, won't even be playing on Sundays. His claims to fame have been

1) breaking arm tackles against a weak Arkansas defense

2) trucking Janoris Jenkins, a CB.

He won't be running over anyone like that in the NFL, and without that trucking ability...he's nothing but a average to below average back. He's a one trick pony who's trick won't work on the next level.

But..but..but... he can work out a lot!

this is just crazy talk.

Yep, Trent Richardson's predecessor at Alabama....who happened to win the Heisman...and was drafted 28th overall gave the Saints this amazing production last year: 122 rushes; 474 yards; 3.9 ypc......just sayin'.....but, not to worry we have another early round SEC RB on the roster....

Heckert can always rely on his SEC boi, Montario Hardesty, who he traded a third round pick and two fifths to move up and select in the second.....Montario has given the Browns a stunning stat sheet: 88 rushes; 266 yards; 3.0 ypc; 19 long; 0 TDs....thank goodness the Browns got rid of the malcontent white boi Hillis...that "locker room cancer" over a three million dollar one year contract...makes perfect sense.....bring Richardson home Heckert!

Nice move Browns. Now we have to use one of those cherished draft picks on a roster spot, rather than re-signing a proven player. We saved all those draft picks by passing on the RG3 deal (which i was glad to see), and now we throw a pick away.

This team is on an endless treadmill.

How is it crazy talk? They are both 4.5 runners from the SEC who like to work out.

What has Richardson done? And please, save the "HE CAN BENCH 475 POUNDS SO HES AUTOMATICALLY AMAZING!!!!1!" shit.

What has he done on the field? He benefits from being on a completely stacked team and his highlight reels show nothing but him trucking defensive backs who, for the most part, won't even be playing on Sundays. His claims to fame have been

He won't be running over anyone like that in the NFL, and without that trucking ability...he's nothing but a average to below average back. He's a one trick pony who's trick won't work on the next level.

You can say the same thing about any other player in college. Most days they play against shit players who will never be in the NFL and have highlights loaded with them performing against those players. But alot of those guys still turn out great in the NFL.

I agree we shouldn't take him, but you're missing a lot about the guy tim. He's nowhere near a one trick pony. All scouting reports rave about his elusiveness, speed to the hole, blocking ability and north to south along with lateral quickness and incredible breakaway speed. For being his size and workout warrior, the dude gets to the edge with ease. Also, you're completely undermining how well the guy ran at Alabama. That offense was predicated on the run and although you're right most guys aren't going to play on sunday the SEC from top to bottom is the best league in college football.

The only real knock on the guy is that he doesn't have the best hands out of the backfield which as we've seen is a pivotal part of the crap we called offense last year. So yea, I don't think he's the guy to draft but this guy is going to be a monster in the NFL.

Let us wait to see what the FO's plan is regarding Running Backs before we burn them shall we? If we get Ben Tate would you guys be excited?

If we got Ben Tate, not offering Hillis anything will make sense. If we draft Richardson it will make sense. Hell if we draft a RB in the first 2 rounds it will make sense. Till then it does not make sense that the Browns did not at least match the Redskins offer of 3 million. Makes zero sense.

Archived