THE BROWNS BOARD

Redskins Have Made A Deal?

quietpack

It's funny how the mood changes when you can't get him.

The big difference is now we have an elite QB. You still have McCoy (or Flynn).

All you get to do is HOPE RG3 busts, because otherwise you'll be eating a lot of crow.

Elite QB? You don't have shit yet. He isn't an elite QB until he proves that he is at the NFL level. All you guys did is ship a buttload of picks for the CHANCE that he will be a franchise QB.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metropolitan_Area

And before you go off on some anti-wikipedia rant, they're called footnotes.

But yeah, I'm just trying to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

With Lebron leaving, I'm impressed that anarchy and cannibalism have been avoided. That shows that there is potential, but I think it's going to take a lot of hardwork to make sure it still doesn't get to that point; especially when it becomes apparent to all that you missed out on a franchise QB. Then it's going to be next to impossible to then get things going in a positive direction, but we can dream. One step at a time baby. One step at a time.

That's cute. It really is. So tell me how is it "civilized" to come to another city's football board and take pot shots at said city? How is it "civilized" to live in a city that is constantly in the middle of some type of bribery or corruption case? Dude you live in DC. Your city is littered with scumbags (aka politicians, lobbyist) who make a living attempting to trick and deceive not only each other but every honest American. Your city is on the map purely for importing scumbags from every state in the union in an attempt to "run" our country. DC is known for corruption,dysfunction, and monuments to great people who aren't even from DC. Besides the monuments, if that's the brand of civilization you're trying to export then I'll gladly pass.

See my sig

Yes. Walterfootball is the be all end all of any discussion. :rolleyes: RG3 has a better chance of being a franchise qb than Colt, and that chance is a hell of a lot bigger. That being said, he is still unproven. You guys are walking away as the victors here, today, but none of this matters until August.

Wow. Obviously you've never been to the DC area (of if you have, you never left the Mall) and you know absolutely nothing about the city. You should come check it out sometime. Who knows, you might even decide to stay.

Secondly, clearly you don't have a sense of humor, nor do you understand sarcasm.

And lastly, I explained why I'm posting here at the top of the page.

Yes. Walterfootball is the be all end all of any discussion. :rolleyes: RG3 has a better chance of being a franchise qb twhan Colt, and that chance is a hell of a lot bigger. That being said, he is still unproven. You guys are walking away as the victors here, today, but none of this matters until August.

If you can find a single NFL site or journalist who says we gave up too much in the trade, I'd love to see it. That's the point. Walter Football, a very respected site, is just the clearest, most straight-forward example I found.

If you can find a single NFL site or journalist who says we gave up too much in the trade, I'd love to see it. That's the point. Walter Football, a very respected site, is just the clearest, most straight-forward example I found.

I never said you gave up too much (I don't think you did). The fact is, RG3 is still unproven in the NFL. You have no evidence to tell me otherwise.

Wow. Obviously you've never been to the DC area (of if you have, you never left the Mall) and you know absolutely nothing about the city. You should come check it out sometime. Who knows, you might even decide to stay.

Secondly, clearly you don't have a sense of humor, nor do you understand sarcasm.

What are you talking about, I've seen plenty of homeless people on the Mall! Jesus make fun of Cleveland but could DC have a bigger homeless, drug, and poverty problem.

I have seen plenty of writers out there who have said the Browns were smart in not making the trade, I have seen plenty of writers say that the Redskins would have just kept adding picks until the trade was made, and I have also seen plenty writers report that the Browns did offer 3 1st and a 2nd and were actually turned down because of your two teams buddy buddy shit. I am actually very happy we didn't make the trade, now we can get 4 great players with those picks like we have in the past two seasons and if McCoy doesn't show improvement we can pick from one of the 3 great QB's that are set to come out next season.

I've lived in DC as a child and spent a summer living up there with family a few years back. Its undoubtedly a beautiful city with a lot of history. Unfortunately that doesn't trump the political nonsense that occurs on a daily basis making it difficult to be in a position, as a citizen, to look down on citizens of other cities. Basically it boils down to this: DC has more negatives then positives. Perhaps it requires an outsiders perspective to realize this by I assumed (maybe wrongly) that most residents of DC would be able to see this, since, you know, the Washington Metropolitan area is the most educated.

I find no humor in ragging on Cleveland because quite frankly, its played out. We get it, its not the luckiest town in America. As far as you posting here, you and your other Redskins buddies spent nearly half a page talking about what your handles are on the Redskins forum. Considering you want to talk about the Redskins doesn't it make a little more sense to do it on the Redskins forum?

I have seen plenty of writers out there who have said the Browns were smart in not making the trade, I have seen plenty of writers say that the Redskins would have just kept adding picks until the trade was made, and I have also seen plenty writers report that the Browns did offer 3 1st and a 2nd and were actually turned down because of your two teams buddy buddy shit. I am actually very happy we didn't make the trade, now we can get 4 great players with those picks like we have in the past two seasons and if McCoy doesn't show improvement we can pick from one of the 3 great QB's that are set to come out next season.

My take on this debate; a Franchise type QB, with RG3's potential, is worth a lot. The Skins are taking a big risk, but they have the face for their franchise and I'm sure the fanbase is excited. Deservedly so.

Cleveland moved too slow. RG3 was theirs for the taking and it would have been a HUGE shot in the arm for them (just like it is for the Redskins). I think they were too confident that time was on their side and misjudged the trade process in many aspects.

At the same time, this isn't a killer for Cleveland. The defense is good. They keep some premium picks. I'm not sure how the QB position shakes out for the Browns, and 2012 is potentially another sketchy season, but pick up some pieces via the draft (last years draft was great) and find that QB somehow somewhere. Maybe Colt emerges? He's still a young guy and it takes time at this position.

I like Cleveland and rooting for them.

Exactly Ram. The chance to get a franchise QB comes around only so often. Lord knows, us Skins fans know. So when you get a shot at one, you better jump on it. You just can't win in this league without one. And RGIII was there for the taking for the Browns, and they dropped the ball. If he plays out like he's projected to--by EVERYONE--Brown's fans are gonna rue this day for years to come. Or at least until they get their own--and like I said, who knows when that'll be.

As far as DC goes, I'm not gonna argue it. If you think the national politicians have anything to do with life here, you're sadly confused.

And Harry Buffalosack, I'm not wasting my time with you period.

Exactly Ram. The chance to get a franchise QB comes around only so often. Lord knows, us Skins fans know. So when you get a shot at one, you better jump on it. You just can't win in this league without one. And RGIII was there for the taking for the Browns, and they dropped the ball. If he plays out like he's projected to--by EVERYONE--Brown's fans are gonna rue this day for years to come. Or at least until they get their own--and like I said, who knows when that'll be.

As far as DC goes, I'm not gonna argue it. If you think the national politicians have anything to do with life here, you're sadly confused.

Oh, responding to your "sig" , we'll take Claibourne. And when you came to play us, we will reduce RG3 into a pile of shit, because it will be impossible to pass against Haden and Claibourne, with Sheard breathing down his neck. :lol:

Geeze, you're whining because the 'Skins haven't had a franchise qb since Theisman? Boo-hoo. The Browns haven't had a true honest to goodness franchise quarterback since Otto Graham. Kosar was close, but didn't have enough good years to qualify in my book, and got trumped by John Elway a couple of times. Ditto Brian Sipe on only a couple of good years.

There are a few of us on this board who are extremely unhappy H&H got caught asleep at the wheel, and let RGIII get away- to a potentially inferior bid, no less. With the exception of Tim Couch (who got beat to death behind an inferior o-line) it been an unending comedy of errors and tales of Cleveland quarterback suckage since '99. Maybe, possibly McCoy can develop into a adequate game manager with a perfect team around him ala Trent Dilfer with the Ravens, or your own Doug Williams. But to be good, and stay good over an extended period- you need something better.

Oh, responding to your "sig" , we'll take Claibourne. And when you came to play us, we will reduce RG3 into a pile of shit, because it will be impossible to pass against Haden and Claibourne, with Sheard breathing down his neck. :lol:

OK, so we'll run all over you. Problem solved.

OK, so we'll run all over you. Problem solved.

Excuse me for the delayed response, I had to look up your shitty team, to see the shitty runningbacks that you'd supposedly "run all over you" with. So who is going to run all over us?

Tim Hightower? :lol:

Where's that cross-dressing homo Portis?

I hope we re-sigh Hillis so we can show you what it's like to "run all over you" Because that is whats going to happen. And I will enjoy watching TJ Ward snap RG3's leg just like Thiesmann's

RG3 is going to a team with a good defense, no line, no RB, and a collection of old, overpriced WR's. My money says Cleveland beats Washington when they play this year.

Holmgren DID offer three first-rounders, but the GM in STL simply chose to deal with Snyder rather than Holmgren.. no big deal, it happens. But make no mistake: This one isn't on Holmgren, it was [as always] STL's choice of which offer to take.

I really don't understand why "not giving up the 22" was questioned -- Holmgren wanted to improve the team this year as well as next.

So by that logic, the entertainment industry has nothing do to with L.A, country music has nothing to do with Nashville, and the auto industry has nothing to do with Detroit. Just because you don't like it/can't defend it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Archived