THE BROWNS BOARD

Redskins Have Made A Deal?

quietpack

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, am all for giving Colt McCoy some weapons

Somebody give me some weapons and let's just end this now.

Because I'm going to go on a bloody rampage the next time someone says that all CouchFryeQuinnMcCoy needs are some weapons. Whether it is true or not.

We have spent over a decade whining that our mediocre QBs need weapons.

Grab your weapon, aim at my temple and put me out of my misery.

Zombo

--fuck the offense. Draft all defense and let's drag everybody down into some 10-9 games and see if we can win half or so. I'd pay to see that. Well, I'm already paying to see us score nine (Thanks Phil!) ... I will pay extra to see us hold the other team to 10.

It's not set is stolen until Trading opens... but I wouldn't want to give up that much anyway. Who the hell is RGIII supposed to throw too? Who is going to block for his on his right? Right now it just seems he has a decent running game to lean on and that's it. And thats not all!!!

What happens if god forbid RGIII injures himself between now and the draft. What happens if he has a horrible pro day, some character concerns come out, ect. These are the reasons why you DON't make trades for the draft before the draft starts. RGIII still needs to go through pro days and private workouts. Anything can happen between now and then and the Redskins might have just gave up 2 future 1st round picks for a guy who's stock might have dropped far enough to get at 6.

Weren't you guys saying this crap when you drafted a tight end instead of Ben Roethlisberger?

It's funny, even Tim Couch got to the playoffs with a way shittier roster than the one you have, against an arguably stronger division that had Super Bowl caliber teams in the Titans and Ravens, and yet you give McCoy a pass for going 6-15 with way more around him than Couch could have dreamed of?

Weren't you guys saying this crap when you drafted a tight end instead of Ben Roethlisberger?

It's funny, even Tim Couch got to the playoffs with a way shittier roster than the one you have, against an arguably stronger division that had Super Bowl caliber teams in the Titans and Ravens, and yet you give McCoy a pass for going 6-15 with way more around him than Couch could have dreamed of?

Quit speaking for all of us, Dickbreath.

Now you are full of yourself because Snyder delivered your shiney new QB.

Now I have to root against Griffin because you are such a douchebag that I want to see you and your franchise fall over your feet again.

It doesn't have to be this way.

You could be decent like that Kerrigan guy.

But I don't think this is your first venture down Asshole Lane.

Zombo

I'm a fan of RG3, but that is the most lopsided trade I've ever seen in sports.

It's lopsided to be sure, but you must be too young to remember the Hershall Walker deal? Or Ditka's NO deal to draft Ricky Williams?

So where's RGIII to da Cle now? Dum de dum- as I (and others) posited, St Louis can now offer one of the seconds (or next year's first) to the Browns to trade up and get Blackmon.

I'm an "other"... and proud of it...

Honestly, if we were offering 3 1st's for the guy its kinda dumb we didn't want to throw in that extra 2nd. I mean come on. At that point, shit.

They may have someone penciled in for that 2nd rounder (maybe a WR) that they were unwilling to part with.

When the Skins start reeling off 10 win seasons like the Colts did, no one's going to miss those picks.

First, it's "if" not "when"...

How long have the 'Skins been "one player away" from that string of seasons?

That's what I am saying in my post. We've put ourselves in a weak position.

It's like playing poker and raising the stakes 3-4 times only to fold. WTF???

Haha not quite, as the Browns would have lost all the picks offered and came away with nothing in that case.

but your point is made nonetheless.

I love how some people are acting like we missed out in a sure fire HOFer. Attention people: HE'S NEVER TAKEN A SNAP IN THE NFL! People are acting like we just missed out on trading for Aaron Rogers and this is not the case. He could be great. He could be horrible. Just calm down guys.

With 41 sack allowed they are going to need someone who ran a 4.4

Those 41 sacks seem like a lot until you actually delve a bit closer into the circumstances.

Many of those sacks were accumulated with 3 rookies starting on the line because of injuries.

And you also have to take into account that 10 of those sacks came in one game.

Honestly, I'm not that concerned about the line.

Free agency will (hopefully) take care of that.

I love how some people are acting like we .missed out in a sure fire HOFer. Attention people: HE'S NEVER TAKEN A SNAP IN THE NFL! People are acting like we just missed out on trading for Aaron Rogers and this is not the case. He could be great. He could be horrible. Just calm down guys.

Well, in my defense ... I was drunk.

ESPN Cleveland put it like this:

"Look at it from this perspective Browns fans. Going back three years, because that’s what the Redskins trade will involve, three draft years. Would you give up Alex Mack, Joe Haden, Phil Taylor and Brian Robiskie for a franchise quarterback?"

And I'm thinking No. Hell No. Not Robiskie!

Zombo

--and you are right, they should have worded it "potential" franchise QB

Well, in my defense ... I was drunk.

ESPN Cleveland put it like this:

"Look at it from this perspective Browns fans. Going back three years, because that’s what the Redskins trade will involve, three draft years. Would you give up Alex Mack, Joe Haden, Phil Taylor and Brian Robiskie for a franchise quarterback?"

And I'm thinking No. Hell No. Not Robiskie!

Zombo

--and you are right, they should have worded it "potential" franchise QB

Take out Robiskie and ask me that question again in 3 years cause we don't know. Actually switch Robo with Sheard. Sheard, Taylor, and Haden look like the will be pro bowlers in 2-3 years and Mack is already one of the best centers in the NFL and I don't know what RGIII looks like until he has had at least one season in the NFL. Right now, YES I would keep those picks over a possible franchise QB.

RGIII has a bad knee and is going to one of the worst O-Lines in football with pretty much zero to throw to. Honestly the same situation he would have been in if he came to the Browns. Se we WILL be able to see what the Browns could have been like if we made the trade.

I'm a major Colt McCoy believer. The kid is as good if not better than RG3 as it is right now. It's coming.

Sorry kiddo- stop drinking the kool-aid. H&H think Colt isn't the Real McCoy- because if he was, there's no way in hell they would have offered the Rams three first round picks for Griffin. I'm afraid the only thing that's "coming" is another 6-10 season. :(

No kidding!!

It isn't the not getting Griffin that bothers me as much as the way we have weakened our leverage.

Now everybody knows we went all in for griffin...well, maybe close to all in.

Now if we try for Flynn, he will ask a boatload from us. If we look to drop back for Tannehill, other teams will know he is the target and will have to jump us, so we might have to bid back up to get him. We have also told Colt he is chopped liver and any talking up about him is simply that.... talk.

We messed this up big time. Lot's of negatives are looming on the horizon.

^+1 Right 'Peen, if you're "all in", you're "all in" and don't let someone beat you with an inferior hand. We can't take Tannehill with the 4th overall (humongous reach for a guy Walter's calls second round talent- though I know you really like him)- and really, our only viable option if we want him is to trade back to the Rams @ #6. Which is still too high IMHO. He won't last past the Bills, Chiefs, or Seahawks if we try and trade way back, and the aforementioned teams have enough holes none of them would be interested in trading up. Zero chance Tannehill lasts until #22, and I'll be seriously pissed if H&H try trading up from that spot to get him.

Ditto on Colt.

May as well sit tight with the picks, and take Blackmon or Claiborne @ #4, and flip offense\defense with the #22.

im agreeing here...

i had a good conversation with kerrigan about how snyder isn't in charge any longer and shanny is turning that boat around.

now what do ya have to say? crazy dan is still the puppet master by all signs....you actually think anything is gonna change? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. no doubt the skins will be a bit better, but this really means the future of the skins is to remain a FA reliant team that continually lacks any talent at depth because theyre always overpaying for marginal FA talent.

this actually made my morning....

now the browns talk can get back to some normalcy. time to start looking at tannehill and flynn guys....no need to sulk over trading away a ton of picks on a gamble anymore.

Wonder what Kerrigan has to say now about Snyder not running the show? Shanahan is building through the draft trading away three first round picks? Not likely. Gonna make a big play for Manning on top of it? That has Crazy Dan Snyder written all over it.

FYI, I wanted Rothlisberger- and way back, Ladanian Tomlinson instead of "Spare Change" Warren- so who's giving Colt a pass? BTW, called Quinn a bum before the Browns ever drafted him- so I do think I have a slight eye for talent. Yes, there's still a few folks here who think Colt can turn it around- but not me. Apparently H&H don't either, but they estimated Griffin wasn't worth 3 premium picks, besides a first this year- and maybe a few others.

You just mortgaged the Redskins future on the hope RGIII will turn into the next Brady, Manning, or Rodgers. Washington's brain trust had better be right- because if he's not- you gave up too much. Hmmmm.... Cleveland and Hillis got hit last year with the "Madden Curse". Ever hear of the Heisman Jinx? I hear it every Saturday during Ohio State games. "Archie Griffin for Motorists Insurance, the only two time Heisman Trophy winner." And not much in the pros. Time will tell.

im agreeing here...

i had a good conversation with kerrigan about how snyder isn't in charge any longer and shanny is turning that boat around.

now what do ya have to say? crazy dan is still the puppet master by all signs....you actually think anything is gonna change? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. no doubt the skins will be a bit better, but this really means the future of the skins is to remain a FA reliant team that continually lacks any talent at depth because theyre always overpaying for marginal FA talent.

I'm saying it was a good deal. We are only down one draft pick per draft over the next three drafts, and Shanny has shown he can find good players in the second, third, fourth rounds and beyond. Just because we don't have a first doesn't mean we've blown our load. We have a young stud QB in a division where the other QBs are 31, 32, and 32 when the season starts. Skins will be on top of the NFCE for the foreseeable future.

We also have about $40M in cap space, meaning we can do what we did last year in free agency. Young players who fit the system to reasonable contracts. We haven't overpaid a FA since Shanahan came in. Why would that change? Look for Marques Colston or Vincent Jackson, along with an OL or two, and maybe some secondary.

It might have been an expensive move, but it in no way was a "Vinny" move.

I'm saying it was a good deal. We are only down one draft pick per draft over the next three drafts, and Shanny has shown he can find good players in the second, third, fourth rounds and beyond. Just because we don't have a first doesn't mean we've blown our load. We have a young stud QB in a division where the other QBs are 31, 32, and 32 when the season starts. Skins will be on top of the NFCE for the foreseeable future.

We also have about $40M in cap space, meaning we can do what we did last year in free agency. Young players who fit the system to reasonable contracts. We haven't overpaid a FA since Shanahan came in. Why would that change? Look for Marques Colston or Vincent Jackson, along with an OL or two, and maybe some secondary.

It might have been an expensive move, but it in no way was a "Vinny" move.

Skins won't be on top of shit. Eli will be raping you guys for the next 5 years.

Well it looks like the Rams took a worse deal. St Louis Dispatch is reporting the Browns were willing to give up both of this yrs first round picks. If thats true Fisher might regret that later on depending on how things play out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7406&line=229370&spln=1

Tannehill at 4 is insane - no way that happens, he's not that good of an athlete.

Claiborne and Blackmon will be good options at 4. I'd expect this pick to be Claiborne, like Walt's draft over at Walterfootball.

Agree. And with the uncertainty at RB, I would put Richardson in there as well, even though I am not a big fan of drafting a RB that high. But, if he's your guy, and you feel he might not be there a couple of slots down. you take him. That simple.

Really? I don't think you've "grown up" yet! :rolleyes:

I, for one, am all for giving Colt McCoy some weapons and seeing what he can do this year. I still believe in the kid. Why everyone is laying the blame for last years offense on him is beyond me. He didn't call the plays, drop the balls, sack himself, or run the ball. Everyone says that Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, etc., couldn't have done any better with what we have. So why not give him some "tools" and see what he can do? The biggest problem with the Browns is they CHANGE everything all the time, new QB, new system, new coach, every freaking year! Give the kid some TIME for Pete's sake!

Dude! The best recivers in the league will not be catching balls thrown at their feet or 5 feet above his head... Noodle arm has no accuracy...

Wow! Did you guys watch any of the games last year?

Why take Blackmon at 4 when he is not the prospect Julio Jones was last year and we could of had him at 6 ?

I'd rather attempt to trade down and get a guy like Nick Perry,DeCastro or Hightower.

If Griffin pans out get ready to add his name to the list of stars we could of had.

And why bother drafting more third round talent at QB? I'd rather just stick it out with Colt another year.

Skins fan here. Before I reply to the post that made me register with the site, I have to say something: Zombo might be the greatest poster I've seen on any sports forum ever. His post about weapons is classic. Thank you.

Anway, this...

It's not set is stolen until Trading opens... but I wouldn't want to give up that much anyway. Who the hell is RGIII supposed to throw too? Who is going to block for his on his right? Right now it just seems he has a decent running game to lean on and that's it. And thats not all!!!

What happens if god forbid RGIII injures himself between now and the draft. What happens if he has a horrible pro day, some character concerns come out, ect. These are the reasons why you DON't make trades for the draft before the draft starts. RGIII still needs to go through pro days and private workouts. Anything can happen between now and then and the Redskins might have just gave up 2 future 1st round picks for a guy who's stock might have dropped far enough to get at 6.

You know why you make the trade this early? So when free agency hits next week, you can go to Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston and you can say "We're going to have RGIII throwing you the ball." Don't you think they'll be more likely to sign here than if all we have in the fold is John freaking Beck? We have almost $50 mil in cap space. We can get him weapons. And those weapons will want to play with him. Those offensive lineman will want to block for him.

Also, we didn't trade three 1sts for him. We swapped 1sts and traded two more (and a 2nd) for him. This is increasingly a passing league. You NEED a franchise QB to win. The days of winning 3 SB's with 3 different starting QB's (like we did in the 80's and '91) are over. I'm in my 20's. I've gone my entire life without a franchise QB. We've had 1st round pick after 1st round pick, but never a franchise QB. So I'm beyond hyped by this move, as are most Skins fans.

And seriously, get off the Dan Snyder stuff. It's old and tired.

Skins fan here. Before I reply to the post that made me register with the site, I have to say something: Zombo might be the greatest poster I've seen on any sports forum ever. His post about weapons is classic. Thank you.

Anway, this...

You know why you make the trade this early? So when free agency hits next week, you can go to Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston and you can say "We're going to have RGIII throwing you the ball." Don't you think they'll be more likely to sign here than if all we have in the fold is John freaking Beck? We have almost $50 mil in cap space. We can get him weapons. And those weapons will want to play with him. Those offensive lineman will want to block for him.

Also, we didn't trade three 1sts for him. We swapped 1sts and traded two more (and a 2nd) for him. This is increasingly a passing league. You NEED a franchise QB to win. The days of winning 3 SB's with 3 different starting QB's (like we did in the 80's and '91) are over. I'm in my 20's. I've gone my entire life without a franchise QB. We've had 1st round pick after 1st round pick, but never a franchise QB. So I'm beyond hyped by this move, as are most Skins fans.

And seriously, get off the Dan Snyder stuff. It's old and tired.

And if there smart they will say, who the fuck cares, he hasn't thrown in the league yet. Most FA don't get a huge boner over who the team says they are going to draft, they care about who is there at the moment. Stop fucking anointing someone in the hall of fame when they have yet to be drafted yet.

The Redskins are just as likely to hire some over priced FA over RGIII as RGIII is to have a serious injury between now and the Draft. Every year before the draft some big name gets some surgery, injury, or medical prognosis that not only kills their draft stock but can also force them into early retirement. If that happens to RGIII (god forbid because he is a great guy and wouldn't deserve it) the Redskins would be up butt fuck creek without a piece of tissue to wipe their eyes or their ass.

And if there smart they will say, who the fuck cares, he hasn't thrown in the league yet. Most FA don't get a huge boner over who the team says they are going to draft, they care about who is there at the moment. Stop fucking anointing someone in the hall of fame when they have yet to be drafted yet.

The Redskins are just as likely to hire some over priced FA over RGIII as RGIII is to have a serious injury between now and the Draft. Every year before the draft some big name gets some surgery, injury, or medical prognosis that not only kills their draft stock but can also force them into early retirement. If that happens to RGIII (god forbid because he is a great guy and wouldn't deserve it) the Redskins would be up butt fuck creek without a piece of tissue to wipe their eyes or their ass.

If you don't think having RGIII instead of John Beck and Sexy Rexy makes a difference, than I don't know what to tell you.

For the last two years we've heard about how Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since John Elway. Now some have RGIII graded out above him. So yeah, he's not a sure fire HOFer but the hype is there. People are going to want to play with him.

If you don't think having RGIII instead of John Beck and Sexy Rexy makes a difference, than I don't know what to tell you.

For the last two years we've heard about how Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since John Elway. Now some have RGIII graded out above him. So yeah, he's not a sure fire HOFer but the hype is there. People are going to want to play with him.

I'll tell you that claiming an untested QB who hasn't even been drafted yet is the next best thing is stupid. And FA don't go places to play with un tested QB's.

Archived