THE BROWNS BOARD

Redskins Have Made A Deal?

quietpack

Best replies on the live feed

Breaking News RG3 to Announce return to Baylor

Dan Synder just woke up with 3 different semen samples in his underwear #Browns #Rams #Skins

Dan Synder just traded a 5th round pick to the Jets for Firemen Ed

Pat Shurmur just Recieved 6 million dollars in bonuses courtesy of the Rams.

Need more !!!

EDIT

GREAT NOW THERES 2 BLACK GUYS IN DC WHO CANT GET ANYTHING DONE.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent! Hail to the Redskins...

But if there's any truth that we tried to match the 'Skins ridiculous offer (#1 and 2 in 2012, 2013's 1 and 2014's 1), I'd be seriously pissed at our FO...

This. This is a Daniel Snyder move. Anyone that wanted the Browns to trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up 2 spots in the draft is an idiot.

I'm a fan of RG3, but that is the most lopsided trade I've ever seen in sports.

What's fucked about it is it's not like we were not trying to trade for him. According to Fox Sports Ohio the Browns were offering three first rounders for Griffin, but would not give up our 37 this year.

So, they believed RG3 was their guy but did not have the balls to do what it takes to get him.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/10/12/Browns-finish-second-in-RG3-derby/landing_browns.html?blockID=684278&feedID=9926

This. This is a Daniel Snyder move. Anyone that wanted the Browns to trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up 2 spots in the draft is an idiot.

It makes the Raiders deal for Palmer seem reasonable

What's fucked about it is it's not like we were not trying to trade for him. According to Fox Sports Ohio the Browns were offering three first rounders for Griffin, but would not give up our 37 this year.

So, they believed RG3 was their guy but did not have the balls to do what it takes to get him.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/10/12/Browns-finish-second-in-RG3-derby/landing_browns.html?blockID=684278&feedID=9926

They had the balls to try and get him.....but they had more brains in letting it go

If the Browns really did match the Redskins offer I don't get why the Rams didn't pick us

Yes, our picks were superior. Unless the Rams wanted to spread out the wealth- in case one of the picks they acquired busts.

2012 A first and two seconds. 2013 two firsts. 2014 two firsts. That's enough firepower to do whatever the hell they please.

So where's RGIII to da Cle now? Dum de dum- as I (and others) posited, St Louis can now offer one of the seconds (or next year's first) to the Browns to trade up and get Blackmon.

Yes, our picks were superior. Unless the Rams wanted to spread out the wealth- in case one of the picks they acquired busts.

2012 A first and two seconds. 2013 two firsts. 2014 two firsts. That's enough firepower to do whatever the hell they please.

So where's RGIII to da Cle now? Dum de dum- as I (and others) posited, St Louis can now offer one of the seconds (or next year's first) to the Browns to trade up and get Blackmon.

Fuck that. Why the hell would we trade with the Rams? If I'm Heckert and they want Blackmon, they can give us a first round pick for the next 3 years and that's a precondition to even begin negotiating. Either that or Bradford, Amendola, the 6th overall and a third and/or forth for Colt and the 4th overall. Granted they would never do either of those scenarios but I couldn't give two shits. That's like giving a guy tips on how to please your ex-wife who left you for him last week.

honestly I think at that point they realized the magnitude of trading that much to get him, the 37th pick being a deal breaker just seems stupid since only about 1/3rd of the time is it an impact player, they probably just didn't want to risk that much because if it failed they would be done as a front office(fired).

it's not a big deal, RG3 will be good but so will the player they pick at #4(and I know they won't as impactful, but thats 2 more good players vs 1 potentially great player). there will be other quarterbacks in the future similar to Luck I'm sure, guys like RG3 are a lot more rare but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

time to get matt flynn I guess, I really don't think Mccoy will be doing all that much even if they pick Blackmon.

edit: also trading down is not out of the question according to heckert heh, I'm sure a lot of people would be annoyed if they did that.

honestly I think at that point they realized the magnitude of trading that much to get him, the 37th pick being a deal breaker just seems stupid since only about 1/3rd of the time is it an impact player, they probably just didn't want to risk that much because if it failed they would be done as a front office(fired).

it's not a big deal, RG3 will be good but so will the player they pick at #4(and I know they won't as impactful, but thats 2 more good players vs 1 potentially great player). there will be other quarterbacks in the future similar to Luck I'm sure, guys like RG3 are a lot more rare but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

time to get matt flynn I guess, I really don't think Mccoy will be doing all that much even if they pick Blackmon.

edit: also trading down is not out of the question according to heckert heh, I'm sure a lot of people would be annoyed if they did that.

Well, Blackmon, Claiborne, or Richardson are the consolation prizes. If we re sign Hillis, we aren't drafting Richardson.

I'm not real keen on another CB high as the Jets and Eagles flamed out last year with two stud corners.

When that happens, I'll start sucking my own dick.

RG3 isn't going to be your savior, dicktits.

LOL, I think it's hilarious you people talk like the Browns make the playoffs every year. Your QB is Colt McCoy. Yes.....Colt McCoy. Besides Hayden you guys are absolutely terrible on Offense and Defense. I would never hype up the Redskins, but it's comical you people talk like the Browns are a playoff caliber team every year.

Good to see you back- Old Steeler buddy no? Well, let's use reverse history to see what the Redskins gave up- and I'll assume RGIII won't totally bust. 2011 Julio Jones and Ryan Williams, 2010 Jason Pierre Paul, 2009 Brian Cushing.

When the Skins start reeling off 10 win seasons like the Colts did, no one's going to miss those picks.

Well, congrats on outbidding us. For what the Redskins gave up, you had better hope RGIII turns out as good as Peyton Manning.

I'm a major Colt McCoy believer. The kid is as good if not better than RG3 as it is right now. Anyone can light it up on the college scene but when you get to the pros and have to play Baltimore, Pittsburgh and the Bengals twice a year to start with then the shit gets real. Colt has embraced the challenge and I'm proud that he's our QB. He is tough as nails and is actually a really good QB. Now is the time we give the young man some guns to start blazing. I sleep soundly at night knowing that Colt is putting in work all year long. He's not a slacker, he a hard damn worker stacking the hay in the barn. It's coming Browns Fans, it's coming. We found our Franchise QB in the third round and that kind of luck is not printed on the back of a jersey. With adding some solid additions around Colt I'm seeing around 10 wins this season. We should take Kalil if he's there- You gotta protect the kid, he's getting beat like Tim Couch. Give the kid some time and a few receivers that will catch the ball and we're off and running. Plus, the young man is going to come into his first second season with some consistency, consistency of coaching staff and consistency of Scheme and System.

I was shocked that the Skins gave up so much so early, that's crazy to give all that up to move up 4 spots when they could have had an Elite player at 6. They will be sore about this trade next season when they don't produce and can't add that Elite WR or State of the Art Safety next year and the year after that. Just ask any team that doesn't have a first rounder this year or any fan of a team that doesn't have a first this year and it like they're bummed out. They can't even get in the discussion about who they like or what hot new player to add, most that I know don't even want to talk about a the draft...

I'm glad that we can TRUST our FO to make sound decisions and not be careless or reckless with our future. Draft time is one of MY favorite times of the year, losing that many picks for that long of a time on a gamble is not good management at all. But you know what I'm not even upset with the Redskins that much, I'm pissed at the Rams and they make me Freaking SICK. They have a franchise QB that they didn't have to give up squat to get they were just lucky enough to be in the position the Colts are in now and they are gonna rob a team like the Redskins like they did? To me- that's just dirty. Yeah, we fleeced the Falcons but they are in the playoffs every stinking year it seems and their first round picks are in the 20's. I think that is why the Rams went with the Skins is because they probably know the Browns are about to turn it up and going to be in the playoffs and those first from us would have been like second rounders. As with the 'skins, gambling that RG3 is going to make that team better all by himself fresh out of college is pretty much promising the Rams with picks inside the top5 for the next three years... God I can't stand the Rams right now they make me so jealous... :D

OK ... so we are going with Colt McCoy, no "major" free agents and hope & prayer.

That oughta work out well...

Zombo

No kidding!!

It isn't the not getting Griffin that bothers me as much as the way we have weakend our leverage.

Now everybody knows we went all in for griffin...well, maybe close to all in.

Now if we try for Flynn, he will ask a boatload from us. If we look to drop back for Tannehill, other teams will know he is the target and will have to jump us, so we might have to bid back up to get him. We have also told Colt he is chopped liver and any talking up about him is simply that.... talk.

We messed this up big time. Lot's of negatives are looming on the horizon.

3-1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for rg3?

That is way to much for one guy and in a way i am glad we didnt win the bid but i am still disappointed that the regime went for him with such a big offer and then backed down, we are to over conservative to win on the field and to conservative to win off the field...

If the browns are gonna pull the trigger they should make sure they hit the target...

This regime brought a gun to a gunfight but they didnt bring an extra clip..

As you can tell i have mixed feelings about this trade fail but it just seems to me that if this regime thought this is the guy you dont just go that far and back down we had the firepower if they thought he was worth as much as they overbid to begin with why not finish it out and bring him home and if they didnt think he was worth any more why get involved in the trade to begin with?

We knew it was going to be a big boys bidding war and went anyways..

This also shows the sports world clearly that the browns regime regardless of what they try to spin does not believe that colt mccoy is our guy after bidding most of the farm on rg3, and so the search continues..

That's what I am saying in my post. We've put ourselves in a weak position.

It's like playing poker and raising the stakes 3-4 times only to fold. WTF???

That is exactly what I was thinking that the Rams would try to do, and we may take that deal because we like that wideout from Baylor. I personally have always wanted Blackmon, but I could see Heckert taking a deal and going DE then WR and then QB later. I really see Weeden in our future not sure where he goes in this draft though.

I still think Blackmon is the pick we should make. And then go DE/LB later in the first. We need somebody besides Sheard to pressure th QB. Once we have that we will have a perennial Pro Bowler in Sheard, and our secondary won't look so bad.

I am soo glad we didn't make this deal to get RG3. There are plenty of great QB's out there that would work for the Browns. If Kosar could havee us on the brink of a superbowl twice, then why are we crying about RG3? McCoy, Weeden, (insert name) may get the job done for us if with draft well, and hit on our picks!

Dilfer won a superbowl!!!! Doug Williams won a superbowl!!!

When McCoy came in we were all excited and he looked pretty good that first season. Then last year he didn't look as good, but neither did our oline, or our running game, or our receivers, or our play calling. We had him learning a new system in his second year under an inferior coach, and with no training camp.

Maybe the FO isn't ready to totally give up on McCoy for good reason. Maybe we draft a good QB and we end up with one that is tradeable in the future.

I am excited for this draft now that we have learned we are sitting in a really good spot at 4. The world is ours if we play our cards right we will have the best draft class of 2012!!!! I trust Heckert!

When that happens, I'll start sucking my own dick.

RG3 isn't going to be your savior, dicktits.

im agreeing here...

i had a good conversation with kerrigan about how snyder isn't in charge any longer and shanny is turning that boat around.

now what do ya have to say? crazy dan is still the puppet master by all signs....you actually think anything is gonna change? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. no doubt the skins will be a bit better, but this really means the future of the skins is to remain a FA reliant team that continually lacks any talent at depth because theyre always overpaying for marginal FA talent.

this actually made my morning....

now the browns talk can get back to some normalcy. time to start looking at tannehill and flynn guys....no need to sulk over trading away a ton of picks on a gamble anymore.

I do agree it further defines the focus. I am just worried that the Browns were focused on this and lost. Makes me wonder there they focus now as it is clearly a plan B.

by what im reading, i think there may have been some disagreement in the FO about what to do actually. we kept going up but the dealbreaker was our 2nd? something isn't stirring the koolaide. just more we have to speculate about without ever getting a real answer.....

i wanted him, just not at the price. there's more than one way to skin a cat....

...I grew up on Sipe and Kosar ...

Really? I don't think you've "grown up" yet! :rolleyes:

I, for one, am all for giving Colt McCoy some weapons and seeing what he can do this year. I still believe in the kid. Why everyone is laying the blame for last years offense on him is beyond me. He didn't call the plays, drop the balls, sack himself, or run the ball. Everyone says that Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, etc., couldn't have done any better with what we have. So why not give him some "tools" and see what he can do? The biggest problem with the Browns is they CHANGE everything all the time, new QB, new system, new coach, every freaking year! Give the kid some TIME for Pete's sake!

Really? I don't think you've "grown up" yet! :rolleyes:

I, for one, am all for giving Colt McCoy some weapons and seeing what he can do this year. I still believe in the kid. Why everyone is laying the blame for last years offense on him is beyond me. He didn't call the plays, drop the balls, sack himself, or run the ball. Everyone says that Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, etc., couldn't have done any better with what we have. So why not give him some "tools" and see what he can do? The biggest problem with the Browns is they CHANGE everything all the time, new QB, new system, new coach, every freaking year! Give the kid some TIME for Pete's sake!

Yep! This "change for the sake of change" crap doesn't get it. I want Kalil to be there at #4, trade it to the Rams for #6 & a 2nd round pick & build our offense (with 2 or 3 pieces on D thrown in). Don't tell me about that damned draft value stuff either...If #4 provides what the Rams want, they'll pay. This draft, with Heckert running it, & free agency will provide a very interesting ride & I want a front seat!

Mike

Archived